Quote of the Morning

“The N-word? Which N-word did she use, because I know it wasn’t ‘non-fat.’ BOOM!” The Daily Show’s John Oliver on Paul Deen

John Oliver is kicking all kinds of ass on the show. He’s a natural at this, and this segment is easily as strong as anything Stewart would’ve done.

This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    Damn that’s good.
    I’m reminded of this bit…

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocfm-6KAWGI

  • Ipecac

    Agreed. The Daily Show has a deep bench. :-) I’ll be surprised if John O. doesn’t get a show out of this.

    Let’s just hope he doesn’t go down the false equivalency rode as Jon is prone to do.

  • dude

    If John Oliver’s performance is surprising, then you haven’t been listening to his podcast, The Bugle.

    Also, rumors are this is just a warm-up towards him taking over the show in a year or two.

    • D_C_Wilson

      That would be a good move. Stewart has been getting really stale lately.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Yeah, I love The Bugle too. John Oliver is great. But his Bugle co-host Andy Zaltzman is a hilarious revelation. Here’s hoping Oliver takes advantage of his hosting opprotunity and brings Zaltzman onto TDS this summer.