Republican Outreach

Why has America’s education system become so bad? Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) has the answer.

In a Washington Post Live discussion with Delaware Gov. Jack Markell (D) and New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez (R) on early childhood literacy, moderator Mary Jordan asked the three participants how America’s educational outcomes became “so mediocre.” Bryant was the first to respond.

“I think both parents started working,” Bryant said. “The mom got in the work place.”

Our educational outcomes have diminished because Women.

It’s not the annual budget cuts, the overwhelming emphasis on sports, a jock culture that demeans intelligence, an emphasis on teaching the test, junk-science mandates handed down by state legislatures, or the outright hostility toward fancy book-learnin’ from today’s Republican party.

It’s the women.

This entry was posted in Education, Misogyny, War On Women and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    You forgot the yearly battles to destroy every and all teacher’s unions.

  • Kennet

    The men, silly.

  • hanadora444

    No wonder those young folks called the GOP “old fashioned” among other things. Last year they re-fought the battle over whether or not there should be birth control. This year they are oh so shocked to find out that women who work are actually supporting families rather than just earning a little extra pin money. The GOP must truly think we are still back in the 50’s.

    • http://www.livingenergy.abmp.com/ KanaW

      Yeah, the 1850s. /snark

      • hanadora444

        Good one!

  • D_C_Wilson

    I’m sure this means that Bryant will support efforts to end wage stagnation so that a typical American family can survive on a single income again, right?

    Oh, who am I kidding?

  • rickmassimo

    I’m not the first to point out that if that mom is on welfare, or any government assistance of any sort, Phil Bryant can’t get them back into the workplace fast enough.