Republican Outreach

Virginia Republicans have selected Rev. Joe Ellison to be the party’s Director of African-American Engagement, and his mission will be to share the party’s values with black voters. via RightWingWatch

Republican Party of Virginia chairman Pat Mullins hailed Ellison for his “knowledge and experience,” and Ellison said that he will help build “the future of our party” by showing black voters that they “share far more values with the Republican Party than they realize.”

And what values would those be?

Ellison in 2010 announced that he is “declaring war against Planned Parenthood” and applauded televangelist Pat Robertson’s claim that Haiti was devastated by a deadly earthquake as divine retribution for making a “pact with the Devil” 200 years ago.

Oh.

Picard and Riker Facepalm

Between Cuccinelli, EW Jackson, and Joe Ellison, the Virginia Republican party has become remarkably unhinged alongside their counterparts south of the border in North Carolina. And while he may not be the best candidate one could hope for, we should all hope Virginians find it within themselves to elect Terry McAuliffe.

    Every time the GOP tries this, every single time the Rs try to convince some Democratic-leaning group that its values are Republican values, the person the party chooses to convey its message is barking mad.

    And every time, I laugh and laugh and laugh.

      But, you know, President Obama hasn’t been vetted properly. Or something.

      • Nefercat

        Yes, “We still don’t know anything about him”! (It’s because we can’t/won’t read, but still!)

        Keep it up, republicans, you’re doing swell!

    • Nefercat

      And then take a deep breath, and laugh some more.

  • D_C_Wilson

    What? You mean breaking Haiti’s pact with the Devil not the number one priority with African-Americans?