Rove Lied About IRS on ‘This Week’

Rove flagrantly lied on television yesterday when he said that only conservative groups had been scrutinized by the IRS:

Plouffe is right, there were absolutely liberal groups who were rightfully examined to be sure they weren’t violating 501(c)4 status. Bloomberg from several weeks ago:

The Internal Revenue Service, under pressure after admitting it targeted anti-tax Tea Party groups for scrutiny in recent years, also had its eye on at least three Democratic-leaning organizations seeking nonprofit status.

One of those groups, Emerge America, saw its tax-exempt status denied, forcing it to disclose its donors and pay some taxes. None of the Republican groups have said their applications were rejected.

Progress Texas, another of the organizations, faced the same lines of questioning as the Tea Party groups from the same IRS office that issued letters to the Republican-friendly applicants. A third group, Clean Elections Texas, which supports public funding of campaigns, also received IRS inquiries.

Don’t hold your breath for Rove’s correction. He doesn’t do corrections.

This entry was posted in IRS Scandal and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    Is Rove becoming less relevant for the GOP? He’s not been fighting so well in the political arena for the last few years.

    • D_C_Wilson

      The ham has no clothes.

  • jezebel

    #GOPPretenders like Rove know their stupid base will NEVER fact check their political pied pipers.

  • jezebel

    Hey, you guys don’t have a social media share button. I wanted to share this link on twitter & FB but I don’t see one (I’m on my mobile phone atm)

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Rove and his audience need to believe that; they need to believe that they, and only they, were singled out for bad treatment by the Golem.

  • http://www.facebook.com/steve.steven.1610 Steve Steven

    Wait a minute. Not all the votes were counted in Ohio.