Speaker Boehner: Keystone XL The Gateway To Prosperity!

Just a few days ago, Speaker of The House Of Representatives of The Free World– John Boehner, said that President Obama’s yet-to-be-revealed climate change proposal was “absolutely crazy“– before anyone had a chance to hear it.

Then, on Friday, not to be outdone, Speaker Boehner countered with his own climate change proposal in a speech to the National Association of Manufacturers, saying,

“We have an administration that won’t even let the Keystone XL pipeline be built — that instead employs an endless chain of reviews and excuses,” Boehner said.

Boehner argued that the pipeline is America’s “new economic frontier, just as the Internet was in the 1990s.” He said, “We need to green-light the Keystone pipeline, and we need to expand production of our resources — onshore and offshore.’’

The United States “has more combined oil, coal and natural gas resources than any other nation on earth,” Boehner said, adding that the country is “sitting on the gateway to prosperity.”

No more reviews, no more oversight, or accountability, or careful planning.

That’s the GOP’s all-of-the-above approach to energy and the environment. Oil, coal, and natural gas, off-shore, on-shore, new shores! and a dirty pipeline that runs right through the heart of the country.

This is more like the economic frontier of the 1890′s. More like the telegraph, than the internet. Full steam boat ahead!

This entry was posted in Energy, Environment, Epic Fail, Far-right Intellectual Violence, Quote, Republican Party, Stupid Party, Super Stupid, Wingnuts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    And to think that this orange peeled lush is only behind Obama and Biden for the presidency. The Secret Service must be doing yeoman’s work in protecting the president and vice president.

  • muselet

    John Boehner thinks that, because we haven’t yet dug up and burned every molecule of every fossil fuel, we need to dig up and burn more fossil fuels.

    Good thinking, Mister Speaker, but you lead me to wonder: what happens when—not if, when—extracting and burning fossil fuels becomes too expensive to be economically sustainable? What’s your plan B?

    Sweet merciful McGillicuddy, the world has almost certainly crossed Peak Oil already and this buffoon thinks we can simply keep digging and burning. It wasn’t in the Dispatch‘s report, but I’m willing to bet five bucks that Boehner either mentioned the terrible Solyndra SCANDAL! or dismissed alternative energy as unnecessary and a waste of money.

    “All of the above,” my foot.

    Knowing the NAM, they thought Boehner’s “Forward Into The Past” speech was too radical.

    “has more combined oil, coal and natural gas resources than any other nation on earth,”

    And that’s why we need to build a pipeline to transport shale oil from Canada!

  • trgahan

    Because if Canada can’t get that shale oil to Houston for export to China (You didn’t think we were getting any of that product from the XL pipeline did you?) the entire northern Alberta industry will collapse by 2015 due to overbuilding and over-supply.

    BTW, Canada is “energy independent” and gas is $4.50 per gallon and their May unemployment rate is 7.1 percent. Prosperity through fossil fuel development indeed!