The Al Goring And Jimmy Cauterization Of The President

George-W.-Obama

Oh, fuck you, corporate media. You sorry piece of amalgamated shit. I’ve been watching you over the past few years, Media, run yourselves ragged looking to spin the old Right/Left wing yarn of how everything President Obama does is more Nixonian and Bush-like than Nixon and Bush ever were, and it’s becoming an exercise in unintentional comic relief, quite frankly. Vote-depressing hilarity.

Everything President Obama does is always worse than, or equal to, some Republican President’s crimes against the Constitution and humanity, according to the empty ambulance chasing corporate media tools.

We’re told that we didn’t vote for this!

We didn’t vote to end the Iraq war; to end the instituted Bush policy of waterboarding and sadistically-conceived torture techniques and whatever the hell was going on at Abu Ghraib.

We didn’t vote to put an end to wars(or new wars)based on outright lies in which tens of thousands of people are sent to their graves while the war waste continues to poison the landscape for a billion years.

You, the American people, did not vote to end discrimination by health insurance corporations, or discrimination against gays and women in the military.

(And it’s no wonder the drone war has expanded. Not much of a choice, really. George W. Bush lowered recruiting standards for gangs, Neo-Nazis, and young men prone to civilian killing, sexual assault, and suicide.)

You did not vote to tax the wealthy, or to regulate Wall Street’s derivatives game. You didn’t vote for an end to wealth inequality. You didn’t vote to preserve the vote, or a woman’s right to choose.

You voted for an end to politics, while voting to put the Republican party in control of The House of Representatives, with a drunken filibuster kicker in the Senate.

You voted for a fictional President. One who acts as both dictator and constitutional scholar. One who ‘Wags The Dog’ and shows weakness in the face of international terrorists and deflects inquiry at home with as little as a, “go fuck yourself.”

In the late 70′s, when President Jimmy Carter gave a prime time speech to the American people warning of our fossil fuel entanglements, setting a national goal of reduced dependence on foreign oil, the right wing flack machine revved up its outrage engine and next thing you know, Ronald Reagan was being sworn in as President and coincidentally the American hostages in Iran were released in what was an obvious backdoor deal, and treason. The arms race was afoot, spending was out of control, wealth redistribution rolling, deregulated markets monopolizing, national confidence was riding the wave of a falsely crafted image of America: The Cowboy– A right wing character composite sketch that left out all the mass-market manipulation, wealth redistribution, war crimes, and brain damage.

When President Bill Clinton was presiding over a booming economy, spurred on by early government investments into the research and technology that would become the internet, Republicans were shutting down the government to do things like make marriage a discriminatory ideal, and welfare a Scarlet Letter. The Right Wing flack machine spent the entire Clinton presidency generating what’s been referred to as, “Clinton fatigue,” complete with false scandals, insinuations, and the media’s eye-witness character composite sketch was subsequently more than enough to tilt the perceptions of the stolen election of 2000 to George W. Bush– because we needed to heal together as one nation, under Republicans, and because Al Gore said he invented the internet, don’t ya know?

Eventually we would go on to realize that we had voted, not only to redistribute a trillion dollars to the top 2%, but to then throw an estimated $2.8 trillion down the corporate cronyism Spider Hole of Doom during the Iraq war.

What liberals and the media seem to forget is that most of us voted for smarter government, not perfect, but smarter. A responsive government that doesn’t use torture, or wealth redistribution at home and abroad as a weapon on democracy. A government that does not discriminate against women and gays. A government that utilizes the best possible intelligence to avoid terrorist attacks without manipulating our fears for profit, and crazed notions of absolute, permanently-unchecked power.

We voted for a government that doesn’t think “empathy” is a dirty, filthy word only used by anti-American Communists; a government that doesn’t practice partisan cronyism as a general rule; a government that understands these great responsibilities and applies good judgement in the face of adversity; a government that doesn’t lose its collective shit when a nipple on a statue is exposed, or one that loses its moral compass when bodies are floating face down on the streets of a major American city.

I can only imagine what America would look like today had we not let the flack machine play the country against Jimmy Carter, or Bill Clinton and Al Gore.

You look what Jimmy Carter has done in his post-presidency and he’s built homes for the poor while teaching, written several books, and even received the Nobel Peace Prize.

Al Gore, who never had a chance to show what he could do as President because the corporate media has ‘a thing’ for inflated egos, false equivalencies, and unearned confidence, but he went on to make one of the most influential documentaries in history on the subject of climate change, a very real scandal and cover-up, and received the Nobel Peace Prize for his outstanding work and activism.

What in fuck’s name did the Bushes do with their lives, or Reagan for that matter? Other than continue to meddle in government, or paint self-portraits? Even Bush 41′ needed to be dragged out and forced to do some good by Bill Clinton.

At the very least, we voted for an administration that at least knows what the 4th Amendment says.

Here’s the Bush administration’s point-man way back in 2005, Michael Hayden, former Bush CIA Chief who quickly went on to head up the NSA arguing in favor of warrantless wiretapping that there is no “probable cause,” or protection from unreasonable searches and seizures in the 4th Amendment:

Just to be very clear–and believe me, if there’s any amendment to the Constitution that employees of the National Security Agency are familiar with, it’s the Fourth. And it is a reasonableness standard in the Fourth Amendment. And so what you’ve raised to me–and I’m not a lawyer, and don’t want to become one–what you’ve raised to me is, in terms of quoting the Fourth Amendment, is an issue of the Constitution. The constitutional standard is “reasonable.” And we believe–I am convinced that we are lawful because what it is we’re doing is reasonable.– NSA

Just to be clear, this is the actual text of the 4th Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

How quickly they want us to forget where we really came from. This character composite sketch of President Obama is missing the eyes and ears of reality.

This entry was posted in Democratic Party, Elections, Far-right Intellectual Violence, FISA, Foreign Policy, George W. Bush, Liberalism, NSA, President Obama, Privacy, Republican Party, Telecommunications, Terrorism, The Economy, The Media, Torture, White House, Worse than Bush, WTF and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • js hooper

    Here’s Huffpo’s next screeching headline.

    http://twg2a.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/obamahitlerstalin.jpg

    http://globalepresse.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/obama-hitler.jpg?w=700

    We all know this were they’re going to end up eventually.

  • chuckj2

    I agree. The media has twisted the reality of who’s to blame for the current state of affairs beyond fiction. They act as if both parties share equally in the destruction of the economy, the unfunded, uncalled for wars and the obstruction of the political process. This is not only complete nonsense, it is extremely dangerous. Most people believe what they see and hear on the news. Spreading half truths and outright lies under the guise of news serves only to stir the already bubbling pot of hatred that has been brewing in this country for so long. The people deserve the truth. The media needs to tell it.

  • missliberties

    My sentiments exactly. Oh fuck you media. Especially HuffPo. They have run with this type of sensational headline everyday. You know because they get a godzillion comments from folks who have been brainwashed to think Obama is worse than Hiter.

    As I have mentioned before these ODS’ers are like a cult, on both the left and the right.

    It’s just drip drip drip…. Obama is evil incarnate. It’s ludicrous.

  • blackdaug

    I would like to first just say something I should have said before this:
    Mr. Brink. You really know how to bring it. For good or bad, I rarely heap any praise on the various bloggers I read on a daily basis….but damn…I have been thinking the exact same thing for quite some time now.
    This second term is going to be the “Carterization / Clintonization” of this president. I just didn’t think the media was going to be quite as complicit as it has been….and by now, after having lived through the various iterations of the grand scale Kabuki you mentioned, it is getting damn tiresome. (Reagan’s first election was kind of a horrible revelation to me…that just maybe the voting public was just too gullible to trusted, his second sent me running from politics for nearly a decade).
    As I have watched various talking heads ponder the inadequacies of this president evolve from; “He doesn’t know how to “arm twist”…or “he just can’t “schmooze” the opposition” like the great ones” …to…”worse than Nixon” …all I keep seeing is the last two years of the Carter presidency and all of Clintons second term.
    Carter (a literal nuclear physicist) was often called a hick. He and his team of bumkins didn’t know how to deal with the sophisticates of insider Washington politics….and then “malaise”. His very prescient goals of weaning the country off its crippling foreign oil addiction…. ridiculed Solar panels stripped from the White House roof…
    Since this president is not from the south, instead of a hick, he is an elitist. Too erudite and academic to “persuade” the opposition to work with him.
    ….and then Clinton. Faux scandal after faux scandal thrown against the wall like so much shit until something finally stuck. It didn’t matter that most people thought blow jobs to the be the stuff of one’s private life, as long as it marginalized his political power.
    The most depressing part is watching what is left of the “left wing” (classy Huffpo..classy indeed) media jump on every new shiny object. As if they had not seen this movie before.
    Why would the Republicans adopt another strategy when this one serves their ends so well? If it weren’t so destructive to the nation, it would be almost laughable…
    Anyway, it is just good to read someone who see’s all this for what it is…
    but Michael Moore is fat, and Al Gore said he invented the internet..and Carter was just ..a pussy…. I guess?……ugh…..

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Hooray for Mr. Brink! That, and Bill Maher’s final New Rule on “Saint” Ronald Reagan Friday, should be ingrained into every American as to why the country is in the mess its been in for the past 30 years or so.

  • muselet

    I have nothing to add. Kudos, Brink, for summarizing what makes me want to tear out what’s left of my hair whenever I read a newspaper or watch TV news.

    –alopecia

  • nathkatun7

    Great commentary, Mr. Brink! Thank God for blogs like this one. The so called mainstream media (MSM) have totally lost all credibility. I strongly believe that the MSM are as culpable as the GOP in undermining the spirit of the people of this country. All they do, all the time, is push lies, sensationalism and fear.

  • Brutlyhonest

    Oh, fuck you, corporate media. You sorry piece of amalgamated shit.

    I saw that PoS banner the other day and had a very similar reaction.

    And while it doesn’t take away from your overall great piece, hayden was the Director of NSA before he was at CIA.