Voter ID Coming to North Carolina, Mississippi

In Mississippi, Voter ID starts today.

JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) – Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says Tuesday’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling on the Voting Rights Act puts Mississippi on equal footing with every other state, and that implementation of Voter ID starts today. [...]

“Mississippi citizens have earned the right to determine our voting processes,” said Hosemann. “Our relationships and trust in each other have matured. This chapter is closed.”

And in North Carolina

Apodaca said the Senate didn’t want the legal headaches of having to go through pre-clearance if it wasn’t necessary and having to determine which portions of the proposal would be subject to federal scrutiny. “So, now we can go with the full bill,” he added.

He predicted an omnibus voting bill would surface in the Senate next week that could go beyond voter ID to include issues such as reducing early voting, eliminating Sunday voting and barring same-day voter registration.

And here’s an early cartoon today via artist Chan Lowe

SupremeRights

This entry was posted in Supreme Court, Voter Suppression and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    I knew Tom Apodaca back when he was a shitstain of a businessman. He ain’t no better now.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    All these southern scumbags couldn’t wait until the Supreme Court judges drew their last breaths on today’s decision before they started enacting their voter ID laws onto their states. Just goes to show you what they think of the “wrong kind of people” who vote.

  • mrbrink

    “Mississippi citizens have earned the right to determine our voting processes,” said Hosemann. “Our relationships and trust in each other have matured. This chapter is closed.”

    Their relationships have matured, now if you kindly just show them your birth certificate, driver’s license, expired gun license, ultrasound, anything but a student ID, and pee in this cup and you’ll be on your way to registering to vote.

    Ah, racist, election-stealing fucks. You simply don’t die.