When Life Gives You Lemons…

You change the world one refreshing pink lemonade at a time.

Westboro’s hate couldn’t stop Jayden.

Equality House

 The Equality House is a rainbow-colored building directly across the street from The Westboro Baptist Chruch’s Topeka compound.[...]

She not only raised $400 during the day on Friday, but she has also collected over $1000 with an online campaign set up through Crowd Rise. Some people donated as little as $10 and as much as $230. One person gave $26, dedicating it to every person killed six months ago in the Newtown, Conn., massacre.[...]

“Jayden represents the natural humanity we are born with,” Davis Hammet, Director of Operations at Planting Peace, added. “We come into this world compassionate, caring beings and only become hateful if we are taught to be.”

Pink Lemonade for Peace: $1 Suggested Donation.”

Here’s to a bright future, kid.

And Happy Father’s Day, Dad.

This entry was posted in Best Persons, Heroes, LGBT and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    There aren’t a lot of news stories that make me smile. This story makes me smile uncontrollably.

    Good on ya, Jayden.

    I’m surprised the wackos didn’t picket her lemonade stand.

    • muselet

      They did everything but. From the first link:

      During the day, Westboro sent representatives outside to try and find a way to stop the event. They apparently attempted to call the local police and stooped to yelling profanities when that didn’t work, like calling a group of soldiers who rode out on their motorcycles to suport the event “bastards.”

      Classy bunch, Westboro Baptists.

        They can dish it out, but they sure as hell can’t take it.

        • muselet

          Of course not. They’re bullies.

          –alopecia

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Out of the mouths of babes.
    Children have some of the most remarkable insights indeed.
    Love ya Jayden!

  • JimmyAbra

    I see the complexities of zoning that happens at local levels and the lack of neighborly awareness that people/businesses have…but then again if you are a hate church I guess you really don’t care.