67 Wounded, 11 Dead In Chicago Gun Violence

Just since Wednesday, Chicago’s gun epidemic looks more like the international press release from war torn nations:

At least 67 people have been shot across the city since Wednesday afternoon this long holiday weekend, 11 fatally.

This is happening in America.

This entry was posted in Casualties, Guns, WTF and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    But the rebuttal will be “That is 67 of THOSE people. It is proof of how violent and uncivilized they are; therefore I need my gun to protect myself from them.”

    • muselet

      That’s part of the rebuttal. The other part is a twisted syllogism: “Chicago has gun control. Chicago has an epidemic of gun violence. Therefore, gun control leads to gun violence.”

        You forgot to include a mention of “Chicago-style thuggery” and tie the violence to Obama.

    For some reason…..probably because of the words “when will they ever learn”—I thought of this old song as I read this.

    http://youtu.be/1QZq-wKaBWc

  • muselet

    When the gun lickers can point to a drive-by knifing that leaves one dead and seven wounded, then and only then will I believe that guns aren’t qualitatively different from other weapons or potential weapons.

    –alopecia

  • Chachizel

    Damn…. heart breaking

  • http://www.chickenhammer.com/ Chicken Hammer

    Wow! Maybe they should pass a law banning guns in Chicago. That should fix it.