Another Baby With a Gun for Steve Stockman

Rep. Steve Stockman’s hilarious bumper sticker (“If babies had guns they wouldn’t be aborted!”) keeps getting more and more horrendous.

GREENVILLE, N.C. – A 6-year-old boy accidentally shoots himself with his parents’ gun.

It happened Wednesday night in Greenville.

Police say the boy wandered into his parents’ bedroom, picked up a .40 caliber handgun and accidentally shot himself in the hand. The child is expected to be okay, but now his father, 31-year-old Andre Morring, is charged with failing to properly store the gun.

Morring told police he usually kept his gun locked, but that night it wasn’t

Glenn Bowen runs “Colts Gun and Pawn” with his family. He demonstrated to 9 on your side how easy it would be for a kid to pull the trigger.

“An automatic pistol, semi-automatic…if you leave it and you load a bullet in the chamber…most of them do not have safety’s now. And anybody, if you hand this to a one year old the first thing he’ll try to do is pull the trigger,” Bowen said.

The CDC says close to 2-million kids live in households with loaded or unlocked guns, resulting in 18 deaths or injuries every single day. A recent federal law requires all new guns to come with a lock.

This entry was posted in Abortion, Guns, Steve Stockman and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    he usually kept his gun locked, but that night it wasn’t

    Of course.

  • Brutlyhonest

    I was surprised the father was charged with anything. Then, I followed the link and saw a picture of the father. I’m not surprised any more.

    • nathkatun7

      I am not surprised either after seeing his picture.

      • Christopher Foxx

        It’s the glasses, right? You’re talking about the glasses. Clearly that’s it.

    An automatic pistol, semi-automatic…if you leave it and you load a bullet in the chamber…most of them do not have safety’s now.

    WTF? They’re making guns with no safety now? A goddamn safety is an infringement on FREEEEEEEEEDUMB? Swede Gibbering Jeebus.

    • Al Iriberri

      That’s not an accurate statement. Most modern semi-automatic pistols today use a trigger safety making it essentially impossible for the gun to discharge without the trigger being pulled. Of course the implication being that when/if someone DOES actuate the trigger it will discharge because the safety functioned as intended.

      • Christopher Foxx

        “We consider this gun safe because it won’t fire unless you fire it.”

        Huh? I thought the point of safeties were that they would prevent the gun from firing even if you DO try to fire it.

          Well, they call it a “safety”, but back in the day we called it a “trigger”. So, no. Because FREEDOM!!!

          Also, there would never be an accidental … dischar… wait.

  • Nick2000

    This guy could have modified the trigger pull to the point that any child could shoot it. Guns with trigger safety are supposed to have a hefty trigger pull to avoid shooting by feathering the trigger.

  • LeShan Jones

    “An automatic pistol, semi-automatic…if you leave it and you load a bullet in the chamber…most of them do not have safety’s now…”
    For some reason I expect the NRA will begin campaigning to remove safety’s from guns because they infringe upon our rights to shoot faster or something.
    It seems that they always choose the path of least safe to travel and drag their followers into the grave with them.