Chart of the Day

Here’s another installment of Why Cable News is Terrible courtesy of Media Matters.

TexasAbortionNewsMMFA
TexasAbortionNewsMMFA1

If you were to superimpose the climate change debate on top of the above chart, they would be nearly identical.

This entry was posted in Abortion, Cable News Watchdog, The Media and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    Who the hell cares about some silly abortion rights laws and other women’s health issues?!! We need to teach Jay-Z and Beyonce a lesson about where they’re allowed to travel that meets American baby Jesus’ approval!!!

    Ugh! I need a strong drink to dull the senses of channeling the right’s though process.

  • SEPA_Q

    Any chart that shows how many of the guests were… you know… actual women?

  • SEPA_Q

    Would love to see another chart that shows how many of the guests were… you know… actual women.

  • SEPA_Q

    Third try… Would be interesting to see how many of the guests were… you know.. actual women.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      There might be help for your condition under the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Psst. What do women know about women’s reproduction? They need an ultrasound just to show them that a fetus is growing inside their uteri.

  • muselet

    You could superimpose the debate on any technical or scientific topic on that chart and it’d look the same. Experts use big words and make cable-news hosts look dumb, while politicians are even tinier-brained than cable-news hosts and so make the hosts look good (at least by comparison).

    Yeah, pretty much superimpose ANY issue on these charts and you’d get the same results. The segments would be sandwiched between the monthly “Return of the Republican Party!” report and discussion.

  • bert9

    I’m still unclear on how Media Matters is distinguishing between “Women’s Health Expert” and “Political Figures/Pundits.” For example: Is Media Matters categorizing Cecil Richards as a “Political Figure/Pundit” or as a “Women’s Health Expert?”

    She is a political activist who is often a guest on cable news programs and she is not a doctor so that easily puts her in the “Political Figures/Pundits” category. BUT…

    Richards is also President of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, making her an expert in women’s health. This obviously puts her in the “Women’s Health Expert” category.

    Personally, I think she’s both a “Political Figures/Pundits” and a “Women’s Health Expert,” but because Media Matters didn’t have a “Both” category, I would like to know into which category did they place people that straddle this binary divide like Cecil Richards.