Chart of the Day: Climate Crisis Edition

Yeah, global temperatures from the World Meteorological Association:

Another gigantic piece of evidence that the right will deny. I wonder what the next nine years will look like? (Not good.)

(h/t DUI Attorney Ed Tayter)
This entry was posted in Environment and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.intoxination.net intoxination

    Nope. They’ll point to the areas where it goes down a little bit and say that proves that it’s just cyclical; “See it goes up, but then it does go down a bit”, ignoring the fact that’s before it goes up. And what’s really interesting, while that is basically true, look at how big the increases are after those really small dips..

  • http://www.createsuccessseminars.com/ weshopper

    Looks like a hockey stick to me! Seriously, the deniers are pretty marginalized right now. The dangerous ones are the “we can easily mitigate the damage and live with the warmth.” This will be used as a delaying tactic as long as it works. In fact, we’re in the early stages of a great mass extinction, with at least 50% species loss already in the system. Talk of 9 billion people by 2050 is a joke. Talk of economic growth is a bigger joke. The issue is survival for our grandchildren.

  • Ipecac

    Bob, you’re just reading it wrong. If you read it with your head up your ass, clearly the trend is downwards.

  • muselet

    Climate-change deniers remind me more than a little of the creationists of the 1980s, who insisted loud and long that the scientists who spent their careers studying evolution were all wrong and that the televangelicals and the dozen or so mechanical engineers who signed their “God said it, I believe it, that settles it” statements were right.

    The difference is that the fossil fuels industry’s profits weren’t threatened by evolutionary biology.

    –alopecia

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    But it snows in Minnesota during winter!!!!…..said with my best Jim Inhofe impersonation.

  • D_C_Wilson

    In other news, Google is holding a fundraiser for James Inhofe.

    http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/07/11/2283031/over-10000-google-users-protest-companys-inhofe-fundraiser/

    “Don’t be evil,” my ass!

  • Senor Equis

    “Seriously, the deniers are pretty marginalized right now” Coldest/snowiest May in the British Isles since the 1800s. But good luck with that.