Codifying Misogyny

Do you have an impressive bust? Perfectly toned legs? Is your boss unable to prevent himself from having sexual thoughts about you simply because you have a Vagina? If so, the Iowa Supreme Court has decided that firing you because of it is not discrimination.

Standing by a December decision, the Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday that a male dentist who fired a female assistant because she was too attractive and threatened his marriage did not commit sex discrimination.

The all-male court ruled against Melissa Nelson, who sued her former employer James Knight, alleging Knight’s wife told Knight to fire Nelson because “she was a big threat to our marriage.”

‘I can’t control myself and stop thinking about your ass so you gotta to go. You’re fired.’

This is the epitome of slut-shaming. But I’m sure she was asking for it anyway by wearing those clothes, right? The Iowa Supreme Court seems to think so.

This entry was posted in Misogyny and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Mike_Norris

    Jeezus…

  • Lady Willpower

    No one ever fired me for being too pretty. I feel cheated.

  • SEPA_Q

    Not discrimination because your boss is thinking with the wrong head? And where was it that the teacher was fired because she had been an abused wife and her husband kept ignoring the order of protection (apparently not well-inforced by the authorities) and appearing at her school? I presume that the “wearing those clothes” was sarcastic because in the dentist offices I know everyone wears scrubs — sexy as all hell, right?

  • muselet

    Commenter nowaRINO at TPM:

    “Dental assistants in Iowa are now required to wear burkas to keep their jobs and not tempt their bosses who have no self-control.”

    I have nothing to add to that.

    –alopecia

  • Kitty Smith

    Because keeping it in your pants is SOOOO HARD! Manly men can’t keep it in their pants, because their manly man penis will burst out a la the hulk and seek out the nearest instance of hot ass. No matter if the owner of the hot ass wants it or not. THE MANLY MAN PENIS CANNOT BE DENIED!

  • Jone_of_Snark

    If this dentist feels he cannot be trusted with a female employee (who worked there for 10 friggin years fercrissakes) what about his female patients under anesthesia?

    • Mike_Norris

      He’s fuckin’ em; the sleazy bastard.

  • lynnnoe

    Maybe it would be better if they didn’t wear clothes at all.