Conspiracy Theory

Did you hear? The Department of Justice is responsible for organizing rallies to support Trayvon Martin! Gasp!

The conservative group Judicial Watch published records that show the Community Relations Service, a civil rights unit of the DOJ, helped with security for the rallies. Conservative groups have interpreted those records to mean there was wrongdoing; the Heritage Foundation has gone so far as to demand an oversight hearing for the Community Relations Service’s “potentially unethical involvement.” Fox News, Daily Caller, and other conservative media have taken up the same spin. CNN picked up the report, as well.

But the same documents show nothing inflammatory about the DOJ involvement, which was limited to ensuring security for the protests.

Salacious. Race-bait-y. Click, click, click.

Here’s the reality — the Department of Justice’s Community Relations Service is a neutral watchdog that provides security even to some of our nation’s biggest scumbags, ensuring their right to protest. As Ryan J Reilly reports.

Back in 2000, they provided this same type of “support” for a Ku Klux Klan rally. And on the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, they were in place at a rally held by the anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church and an anti-Muslim rally featuring blogger Pamela Geller and Quran-burning pastor Terry Jones.

CRS officials, often described as “peacemakers,” seem to have played the same role in Sanford that they did in Jena, La., during the Bush administration, after nooses were hung from a tree at the little town’s high school. Impartiality is key to their mission.

Did CRS officials “support” and “organize” those who hung nooses from trees under the Bush Administration?

No, but if you were to operate under the same assumptions as Heritage, Fox News, and The Daily Caller did today, you may believe so. Of course we know that isn’t the assumption, because Eric Holder is blackety-black, ya’ll.

This is classic race-baiting.

  • Senor Equis

    They still should be fired. Let Westboro and the Black Panthers pay for their own damn security Bob.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/09/underwear-bomber-working-for-cia

    Oh and why did the corrupt Holder DOJ go so hard after the AP one wonders? Couldn’t have been because they report a junkbomber was a CIA informant (like the Tsarnaevs), one wonders?

    • i_a_c

      lol GTFO conspiracy troll. Do you know what a sting operation is?

      • Senor Equis

        Where the liberal Huffington Post admits a whole bunch of brown people wind up dead because of Eric Holder and company?

        http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/06/fast-and-furious-gun_n_3554854.html

      • blackdaug

        No, yet another moron figured out how to create multiple discus accounts;
        “Two brain cells….” ..links to the Guardian and Huffpo..?

        Thinks a sting operation is when his mama uses alcohol on his diaper rash….

        • Senor Equis

          You haven’t answered my question, when will Eric Holder apologize to the families of the hundreds of dead Mexicans who were killed with guns his BATF smuggled to smear bitter clingers here in the U.S.?

          Don’t like it when the race card is thrown right back at your pasty white face?

          • blackdaug

            Your a real internet bad ass powder puff.
            Your mother kiss you with that mouth

          • Victor_the_Crab

            I think she went lower than that.

          • Senor Equis

            You lose, prog-bot punk. Do you feel lucky with all those drones and fat assed DHS two legged drones behind ya? Well do ya?

          • PinkamenaPanic

            I’m convinced our shit-faced friend here is actually a ‘bot. You just plug in a post and voila! Instant word-salad drivel!

          • blackdaug

            I think he’s Skoal Bandit’s inbred offspring….

          • Treading_Water

            What? No solyndra? ACORN? How about something bad about Bill Ayers or Van Jones?

            You’re a very lazy troll.

          • Senor Equis

            Don’t give a shit about Van Jones. He’s a minor figure Beck harped on so he wouldn’t discuss the big cheeses.

          • Victor_the_Crab

            Oh please! You’ll feel better wearing these latest fashions:

          • Senor Equis

            Victor, you know what’s for dinner? Crab.

            Peace out D.C. worshippers, NSA bootlickers and GS drones commenting here in between porn vids!

          • blackdaug

            ….and fuck you Mr. Horse..

          • Victor_the_Crab

            Ooo, I’m so scared of a loser – who happens to have a baboon for a biological parent – like you, retard!

          • blackdaug

            I wouldn’t need any drones to take down a tub like you Mr. Horse.

  • trgahan

    Agreed, it does seem like race baiting, but it also tells of so much more.

    I think it is an example of the conservative media entertainment complex’s daily need to twist news to prove the bias and hatreds of its viewership. Though it’s costly, time consuming, and makes the outlets look ridiculous to those outside the bubble, it is necessary to keep audience watching/listening/clicking.

    In this case, their viewership needs assured that A) “the other” is a small minority only powerful due to assistance of evil government and B) Real Americans, like them, are in the majority and, like them, believe Zimmerman should have shot twice BEFORE calling 911.

    • Senor Equis

      “I think it is an example of the conservative media entertainment complex’s daily need to twist news to prove the bias and hatreds of its viewership. Though it’s costly, time consuming, and makes the outlets look ridiculous to those outside the bubble, it is necessary to keep audience watching/listening/clicking.” Just like Cesca looks like an ass to anyone with two brain cells who can figure out that all that Verizon metatata on members of Congress is quite juicy for blackmail potential.

      Bloody eyed deer in the headlights look on Roberts face, anyone? Bueller?

      • PinkamenaPanic

        ‘bye.