Cosmos

Here’s the first trailer for the return of Cosmos featuring Neil deGrasse Tyson.

If you’re unfamiliar, here’s the introduction to the original Cosmos.

If you haven’t experienced the poetic nirvana of Carl Sagan’s Cosmos, you haven’t lived. It is available for streaming on Netflix.

This entry was posted in Science and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    I watched every minute of the original series and I’m really looking forward to the new one. If anyone can remake Cosmos without making a fool of himself, it’s Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

    (And Carl Sagan never said “billions and billions of stars” in Cosmos. I kind of hope Tyson does.)

    I’m looking forward to this. I’ve seen Cosmos several times over the years all the way through, thank you very much(and thank you, public libraries!), and I’d know that melancholy music anywhere, but Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Cosmos promo looks like it’s going to explode minds and put them all back together again.

    I think Through The Wormhole w/Morgan Freeman is some of the best television ever conceived, but it certainly owes its pedigree to Cosmos.

    Neil lives and breathes this stuff, and I think what I love most about the guy is that he’s got this billion dollar brain and he likes to share it with everyone.

  • Groundloop

    I didn’t know this was happening and now I can’t wait until it starts! I recently re-watched the original “Cosmos” on Netflix, and while it’s still great, it was definitely hobbled both by it’s ambition, and the limitations of visual effects at the time. Looking forward to, as Mr Brink said, having my mind exploded and then put back together.

    Now if only James Burke would do updated versions of “The Day The Universe Changed” and “Connections”.

  • http://www.artisvaria.com/ Nanotyrnns

    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

    So glad there is some traditional animation to go with the CG.

    And Jesus looked high as a kite…