Florida to Resume Voter Purge

The Department of Justice has its work cut out for it.

Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner is resuming the state’s push to purge voters from the rolls for dubious reasons following the dismissal of several lawsuits against the state.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A federal court is dismissing a lawsuit that a Hispanic civic group and two naturalized citizens filed last year to block a voter purge in Florida.

The lawsuit became moot after a U.S. Supreme Court ruling in June. That decision halted enforcement of a federal law that required all or parts of 15 states with a history of discrimination in voting to get federal approval before changing the way they hold elections. [...]

Also on Wednesday, the U.S. District Court in Tampa lifted a five-month old stay that had prevented Florida from sending any new names of potential non-U.S. citizens to county election officials.

The good news is the Supreme Court says we have nothing to worry about because racism is over.

This entry was posted in Supreme Court, Voter Suppression and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    The good news is the Supreme Court says we have nothing to worry about because racism is over.

    Bull Fucking Shit it is!

  • mrbrink

    And the re-institution of public beheadings of liberals and/or unarmed debtors! if no less than 500 of the best people object, of course, in which case just the repeal of non-state-sanctioned reproduction and your husband, or employer, can commit you to an asylum of their choice for chronic nagging and female hysteria because height requirements for rides at Disney World are the greatest threat to liberty our children can face! Free markets!