Gettysburg Regress

Regress

Artist – Chris Weyant

In other news, white non-Hispanics will no longer be the majority population of California as of this month according to the California Department of Finance.

Meanwhile, California is currently operating under a budget surplus. How can this be?

Programming note: Since tomorrow is both a federal holiday and my birthday, I will be indisposed until at least Saturday.

This entry was posted in Open Thread and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Tony Lavely

    Have a great holiday/birthday, Mr. Ashby.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Hey wait a minute…….you get fireworks on your birthday?!
    Enjoy!

  • muselet

    Happy birthday, Ashby.

      Appropriate.

  • incredulous72

    Happy Birthday Ashby! Enjoy!

  • Robert Scalzi

    Happy early Birthday !! Have a great Day !! and a hearty thank you for your excellent work here

  • stacib23

    Happy Birthday, Ashby. Be safe, have fun and drink a lot!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Haapy birthday to you and America, Ash.

  • nathkatun7

    Happy Birthday JM Ashby! It must be exciting to have the same birthday as your country. I am sure no one in your family ever forgot your memorable birthday.

    • JMAshby

      When I was little I thought the fireworks were for me.

        My grandfather was also born on 4 July (albeit a loong time before you were — 1886) and when *I* was little, he used to claim the fireworks were for him. :)

    Ashby, I wish for you the happiest of birthdays ever!!

  • D_C_Wilson

    Happy birthday, Ashby.

    Ironically, tomorrow is also my mother’s birthday.

  • JMAshby

    Thanks everyone. I’ll pour one out for you tomorrow.

    “I would never recommend alcohol, drugs, violence or insanity to anyone…but they’ve always worked for me.” – Hunter S. Thompson

    Have a large day, young fella. I’ll raise an extra rum for you on Saturday (my 49th).

    • mrbrink

      Goddamn it. Jesus H. Chris Christie hanging from a cliff holding a flaccid penis, man. Would you please also raise a rum to not staying away so long? You’ve written less than 100 words and already I want to tie them to a redwood tree, set fire to the tree, bury the smoldering remains, plant a new tree on top of the old one, water it, sing folk songs to it, wait for it to mature, carve a big ass heart into it, furiously chop it down in the middle of the night during a full moon and then heave it toward the sky with the strength of 49 kiloton bombs straight it up the asses of the gods who have not given you eternal time.

  • mrbrink

    I’ve got my place on the lawn all picked out for the 4th of Jul-Ashby fireworks.

    Happy birthday, duder. Being born couldn’t have happened to a more worthy candidate.