Gohmert Compares Minorities to ‘Lesser Prairie Chicken,’ ‘Various Lizards’

I’m all in favor of protecting various animals but, well, GOHMERT!!!!

Think Progress obtained video of Gohmert objecting to an amendment offered by Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) that would have stopped third parties from blocking regulatory actions that were intended to prevent discrimination based on sex, race or national origin.

The Texas Republican argued that the amendment was more about protecting wildlife than minorities and other groups.

“There is nobody in this chamber who is more appreciative than I am for the gentleman from Tennessee and my friend from Michigan standing up for the rights of race, religion, national religion of the Delta Smelt, the snail darter, various lizards, the lesser prairie chicken, the greater sage grouse and so many other insects who would want someone standing for their religion, their race, their national origin and I think that’s wonderful.”

It’s usually dogs and pigs for these guys, but snail darters and “other insects?”

(h/t DUI Attorney Kush Arora)
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • David Stephenson

    Could we PLEASE let these morons secede? Then they’d be on the other side of the border and we could shoot drones at them.

  • muselet

    What a boob.

    The Gohmert is not well.

    • D_C_Wilson

      His asparagus has expired.

  • Lancelot Link

    A lawmaker likening members of minority groups to “insects”?
    That never seems to end well.