GOP Senators Plotting Government Shutdown. Again.

It’s that time of year again when Republicans start threatening to shut the federal government down if they don’t get their way, and this time their ransom demand is the defunding of Obamacare.

According to The Blaze, there is a coalition of Republican senators who have vowed to block a continuing resolution that will prevent a government shutdown.

U.S. Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) told TheBlaze Monday he has recruited more than a dozen Senate Republicans to help him defund President Barack Obama’s landmark health care law.

Fifteen Republican senators, including Sens. Marco Rubio (Fla.), Ted Cruz (Texas), John Cornyn (Texas), Rand Paul (Ky.), James Inhofe (Okla.), David Vitter (La.), Roger Wicker (Miss.), John Thune (S.D.), and Chuck Grassley (Iowa), will block a continuing resolution to keep the government funded beyond Sept. 30 if it includes funding for Obamacare, Lee said.

They won’t be any more successful this time than they were last time, but let it be known that these men are willing to crash the economy if it means they can deny healthcare to people who can’t afford it.

That’s all this is about.

This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Teddy’s Person

    “…these men are willing to crash the economy if it means they can deny healthcare to people who can’t afford it.” Yet some of those very same people w/o affordable healthcare continue to vote people like this into office. How is it that some people sell their health and economic security for issues like gay marriage (not mandatory) and abortion (don’t have one) or protecting corporations’ right to make obscene profits while paying starvation wages and low taxes (if they pay any)? Bangs head against the wall.

    • muselet

      It does seem shockingly easy to convince (some) people to vote against their economic interests. The Rs have been doing it for thirty-odd years.

      That’s why they do it: Because they can. Until they have to pay a price for it, political or otherwise, they’ll keep doing it.

    • Brutlyhonest

      How is it that some people sell their health and economic security for …

      It’s not the only reason, but a huge driver is the belief that the only ones benefiting from these “gubmint handouts” are those other people. You know, the lazy, brown ones.

      I heard this growing up in central NC, throughout my Navy career, and pretty much daily here in East Wingnuttistan. They have been programmed to believe any government assistance they get was earned, so it is different.

  • Vic78

    I’m praying that these guys run for president in 2016. It’ll be fun ripping them a new one. Obamacare is popular with Latinos while the GOP’s stuck on immigration. Come to think of it, ACA’s popular with all the groups in the Obama coalition. I’m starting to think the republicans are stupid.

    • muselet

      “Starting”?

      –alopecia

  • Mike_Norris

    Do it!! DO it!! Don’t threaten it you weasel eyed spineless motherfuckers! Do it! And then wait and see what happens.

    My dearest’s life depends on MEDICARE/MEDICAID now and hopefully will rely on the ACA later. This is why I despise emo-progs. If they don’t get that individual lives matter, then they aren’t liberal.

  • theronware

    It’s called treason.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    They won’t be any more successful this time than they were last time, but let it be known that these men are willing to crash the economy if it means they can deny healthcare to people who can’t afford it.

    That’s the thing. They can talk tough all they want but they know they don’t have enough votes or guts to stop it.

  • incredulous72

    I know I sound like a broken record but . . .

    KEEP IT UP REPUBLICANS!!! YOU’RE DOING GREAT!

    When are midterms again? Pass the popcorn!!!

  • BlueTrooth

    The real message we should be giving in response is “Stuck on Stupid”. If we respond with “Oh my GOD!!!”…well, they win. They get the message out that they would rather default than not cut spending, but they “compromised” for the “oh my godders”. As Liberals, we have to learn to practice “quiet determination”, in my opinion. When we respond with fear or anger as a group, it opens a door for the assholes to feign compassion or claim they compromise. .

  • Badgerite

    It strikes me that these guys are more afraid that Obamacare will work, and that people will actually see that, than they are afraid that it won’t work.