Hannity: Obama Was Trayvon 35 Years Ago Because He Did Drugs?

At this point it feels redundant to point out that Sean Hannity is a dyed in the wool racist, but just in case you haven’t been convinced yet, here’s Hannity.

At 1:00

Hannity: The politician who’s quick to stick his nose in all this first, ya know the police acted stupidly, if I had a son he’d look like Trayvon.

And now the president says Trayvon could have been me 35 years ago.

This is a particularly helpful comment. Is that the president admitting I guess because, what, he was a member of the choom gang and he smoked pot and he did a little blow? I’m not sure how to interpret that because we know Trayvon had been smoking a little pot that night. I’m not sure what that means.

Hannity isn’t sure what it means when the president says he could have been Trayvon 35 years ago, but his initial assessment is that the president is comparing himself to Trayvon because they both did drugs.

Not because they’re both African Americans who have dealt with varying degrees of being treated as a threat or suspicious, but because they both smoked pot at one point. That’s obviously what the president meant, right?

I don’t think Hannity is really that obtuse, so what this amounts to is him winking and nodding to his radio audience that it’s okay to dismiss essentially everything the president said today because both him and Trayvon are negros who were up to no good. That assumption was good enough for George Zimmerman to pursue and kill Trayvon Martin.

The Sean Hannitys of the world are the real race hustlers. They’re here to validate every terrible thing you’ve ever thought so you’ll keep listening. He could have approached the president’s speech reasonably and offered a more nuanced assessment than ‘they both did drugs,’ but no one wants to hear that, do they? No. We want the good shit.

Tune in tonight at nine o’clock when Sean Hannity will host a fair and balanced panel that’s going to make you feel better about being a racist. And remember, you’re a Real American.

This entry was posted in President Obama, Racism and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Mike_Norris

    The most low-life racist piece of shit on the Fox News network. God how I hate him…

    • Eric Brian

      “I was born a poor, black child.”
      -Steve Martin, “The Jerk”
      “Trayvon could’ve been me 35 years ago.”
      -Barack 0bama
      “God how i hate him …”
      -Mike Norris
      0BAMATRONS – even the “middle-aged white lady” apologist who can’t relate to “we are all Trayvon” since her white sons won’t be racially profiled or attacked (guess they never go to Detroit or East St. Louis) – are CALLING SEAN HANNITY A RACIST & SAY UNEQUIVOCALLY YOU “HATE” the talk-show host you’ve never met while Der Fuhrer Zer0bama and bbf Top Cop Holder-down While I Rape Him/Her/It and the real race hustlers (Sharpton & Co.) inflate the rhetoric w/ riot mentality while conflating race issues w/ “Stand Your Ground,” which was not even used as a defense in the Zimmerman case and has benefited proportionally more blacks in Florida than whites, while ignoring black-on-black crime & the fact polls show blacks are the most racist ethnic group in America – even by blacks themselves!

    • Eric Brian

      “I was born a poor, black child.”
      -Steve Martin, “The Jerk”
      “Trayvon could’ve been me 35 years ago.”
      -Barack 0bama
      “God how i hate him …”
      -Mike Norris
      HATE IS A STRONG WORD. HOW DO YOU THINK GOD FEELS ABOUT THAT?
      0BAMATRONS – even the “middle-aged white lady” apologist who can’t relate to “we are all Trayvon” since her white sons won’t be racially profiled or attacked (guess they never go to Detroit or East St. Louis) – are CALLING SEAN HANNITY A RACIST & SAY UNEQUIVOCALLY YOU “HATE” the talk-show host you’ve never met while Der Fuhrer Zer0bama and bbf Top Cop Holder-down While I Rape Him/Her/It/Them and the real race hustlers (Sharpton & Co.) inflate the rhetoric w/ riot mentality while conflating race issues w/ “Stand Your Ground,” which was not even used as a defense in the Zimmerman case and has benefited proportionally more blacks in Florida than whites, while ignoring black-on-black crime & the fact polls show blacks are the most racist ethnic group in America – even by blacks themselves!

      I would like to add “& their white lib supporters” to that majority

  • beulahmo

    I wonder how many people in Hannity’s audience know that he’s a college drop-out (first semester, iirc) who has never really been a success at anything but bloviating into a microphone.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Hey Hannity. You’re hero George W. Bush snorted cocaine and was an alcoholic. But I guess it’s OK if you’re a Republican and not OK if you’re a Democrat, amirite you piece of shit you?

    • MissArtyNutMeg

      Maybe we need to profile drunk white frat boys….

  • HilaryB

    I give up. I don’t know what to say anymore to or about people like this.

  • Scopedog

    Christ in a chariot-driven-sidecar….he CANNOT be serious.

    • D_C_Wilson

      He is. The drugs analogy is already making the rounds of the wingnut blogosphere.

  • incredulous72

    You know, at this point, with all of the nonsense that I’ve read and heard from people defending Zimmerman’s actions this week, I have to say . . .

    . . . I feel sorry for them.

    It must be awful to be filled with that much fear. I mean short of being afraid of your own shadow, these people must hate to leave their homes because they fear people of other races/ethnicities so much. It is truly sad that there are still people in this world that have such irrational fears toward folks that are different from them only in terms of the amount of melanin in their skin.

    That’s really all hate/racism is; FEAR.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I don’t feel sorry for them. These people are in a position where they can make a lot of decisions based on their prejudices, whether it’s the stand your ground law or the Supreme Court decision to throw out the important part of the Voting Rights Act, then have Republican run states immediatly put up new ID laws that make it difficult for minorities to vote. These creeps won’t stop ’till they take the country back to the 50s. The 1850s, to be precise.

      • incredulous72

        You’re absolutely right, but you’ve got to wonder, why the need to stack the deck? What is it about black folks, hispanic folks, native american folks, asian folks, etc., that makes these particular individuals so hateful/fearful? It truly boggles the mind.

        It makes me think about when President Obama, then Senator Obama, was running in 2008. McCain was down in North Carolina campaigning and there was a guy videotaping a meet and greet and interviewing people about why they preferred McCain over Obama. This older white lady literally stated that she was afraid of Obama becoming President because she believed that black people would try to do to white folks what had been done to our ancestors previously (slavery). I sometimes wonder with folks like that, is this the real fear; retribution.

        • Victor_the_Crab

          Who knows. But if they fear retribution, wouldn’t that have happened a very long time ago? I think there are people out there who just want a reason to hate. And it’s not just in America, it’s happened in history throughout the world.

    • MissArtyNutMeg

      IWell now that they have a not guilty verdict, they just hide behind that. All the more blatant racist cramp has been replaced by “justice has been served!” And “Zimmerman is innocent because the jury said so” and “the system works, everyone just accept it and move on”

  • Nefercat

    So. I felt bad when I saw the comment last week that “we are all Trayvon.” No, no we are not. In my case, not just because I am a middle-aged white lady. I have sons. But my sons will never be followed around a store because of their skin color. They will never be pulled over driving because of their skin color. I do not have to worry that they will end up in a bad situation because of their skin color and then end up dead. And then be blamed for a situation that never would have happened had they not been black.

    My younger son was born in Hawaii. No one will ever ever ever under any circumstances question his absolute right to be considered an American citizen from the moment of his birth. No one will ever suggest that he must have forged his birth certificate, that maybe his blue eyes and red hair and freckles point to Ireland as his birthplace.

    I can empathize with my fellow American citizens, but I can never fully grasp what those fellow American citizens who are African-American must go through every single day, while at the same time managing to live the ordinary day to day lives that are really all most of us want. All I can tenuously grasp is the terror of a mother, or a father, kept squashed down so that you can go about your daily life, and know that there is nothing I can do to make it less.

    And then I hear of people like Sean Hannity. And all I know is that I loathe him and his poisonous, hateful, ignorant, uneducated, withered little soul because he is fine with stomping on the hearts of mothers who, like me, love their sons, and claiming that their sons brought their own destruction upon themselves for being so foolish as to have been born black in America. Oh, how I hate him for the pain he is happy to cause mothers and their sons, and their fathers too. He is vile and he is scum and I do not consider him American.

    I’m sorry, I ended up on a couple of right wing sites today and just can’t grasp the madness, and feel guilty that so many other Americans have no choice but to grasp the madness and try to protect their children under circumstances that I and my children will never have to endure.

    • mcjonsey

      Thank you.

    • Mike_Norris

      Well done–well said. Thank-you.

    • doc holiday

      Almost made me cry and that is not something I do very often.How that jerk Hannity can get up living his rich life and knowing that he has stepped on the bodies of many to get there. I am luck to be a very wealth but never would I look at the world the way he does and then get up every morning just to try and make it more difficult than it already is for the poor and downtrodden.

  • js hooper

    I’ve become bored with the obvious and over the top racism on the right…Their bullshit is easy to confront and is expected.I know my enemy is over the hill…I don’t expect them to be in the trench with me.

    The racism on the pretend “left” infuriates me because they tap dance around the blatant racism of the Hannity’s, Limbaughs etc.They think because they aren’t as blatant that we won’t notice.

  • Edward Himsel

    So Trayvon WAS smoking pot that night? That’s rather at odds with the idea that he threw Zimmerman on the floor and started beating him over the head. People don’t do that kind of thing whilst stoned.

  • FlipYrWhig

    I have to say, I thought of this too. But not as a criticism. I thought Obama simply could see himself as a kid not doing much of anything, maybe with a few experiences of low-level naughtiness, who could easily get caught up in a circumstance where one unlucky night he encountered the wrong nervous loser and ended up dead.

  • LeShan Jones

    People, people, please remain calm. Hammety is playing the troll game as does most of the wing-nut commentators out there. People who know Hammety personally say that what you see of him on air is all an act he puts on for his ignorant audience, he apparently doesn’t believe most of what he says on air himself, but as a paid man-whore he will say whatever his johns want him to say.
    You have to keep in mind, a person like that has no sense of shame. All he wants is to put forth whatever his masters want the uneducated and the gullible to believe and so…he’s a professional troll.

    • Ipecac

      If true, that’s even worse.

      • LeShan Jones

        I didn’t say it want bad, I’m just saying the man is a professional troll.