Marco Rubio Enlists in the War on Women

Republican outreach continues.

Senator Marco Rubio has announced that he will be joining his comrades in Texas, Ohio, and North Carolina to carry on the fight against bodily autonomy for women.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) will be the lead sponsor of a U.S. Senate bill to ban abortion after an unborn child is 20 weeks old, the Weekly Standard reports.

“With Rubio’s presence, the bill is certain to gain enormous media attention and thus more national visibility for the issue of limiting late term abortions. Right-to-life groups have urged Rubio to take the lead on the issue, believing he would be the strongest possible advocate in the Senate. Several sources confirmed he’d agreed.”

Harry Reid is not going to pass this bill and the president certainly wouldn’t sign it, but it should give Marco something to talk about when he’s on the campaign trail.

Sure, he may have reluctantly played a role in passing an immigration reform bill that includes a path to citizenship, but he’s taking a hard line on abortion! See? He’s one of us!

I believe it would be a mistake to assume that taking a hard stance on abortion will wash away his support for immigration reform among the Lunatic Base of the Republican party.

The next Republican primary will be an even bigger shit-show than the last one.

War on Women Fiction

This entry was posted in Abortion, Congress, War On Women and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Zen Diesel

    Ah, the Republicans keep changing up the lettuce, tomatoes and mustard on this shit sandwich to make it more tastier. However, in the end it’s still the same shit sandwich that will not sell in a general election.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      “Vee haf vays to make you eet dat sheet sanvich!”

      (oppressive voter ID laws, gerrymandering, behaving like obstructionist pricks…)

  • muselet

    It was inevitable that Marco Rubio’s presidential ambitions would force him to cover the Right’s all-time number-one hit, “Barefoot and Pregnant (Bitch Had It Coming),” since he muffed the bridge on “Ivory and Ivory.”

    (I’d continue in this vein, but the only big finish I can think of involves the phrase “tone deaf,” and even I’m not that shameless.)

    –alopecia