More From Steve King

This is entirely believable and it may be the first time Steve King has told the truth all week. via ThinkProgress

During an appearance on Fox News on Saturday, King said that Republicans are in fact standing by him, but are afraid to publicly support him for fear of sparking outrage and losing their legislative leverage.

“My colleagues are standing by me. They come up to me constantly and talk to me and say, you’re right, I know you’re right,” King said. “Is the description such that they have to go out to the press and do a press conference or can they come and tell me, I know you’re right, I support you? They can do that privately.”

Is Steve King telling the truth? Do his colleagues privately support him while publicly condemning him? Do his colleagues believe a majority of DREAMers are drug runners?

Probably.

They can prove otherwise by supporting comprehensive immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship. Until they do I will assume that they all agree with Steve King. And until that time, I invite Steve King to keep talking. He can help pass immigration reform by making the opposition look ever more ridiculous.

DoingGreat

This entry was posted in Immigration and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    I’m picturing waves of plains-clothed Republican Congresscritters making their way across the pitch dark night-time desert to find King’s Sooper Seekrit Border Watch Post and tell him anonymously that they fully support everything he’s said… before taking pot shots at the cantaloupe-calved drug mules.

    • JMAshby

      Exactly.

      No names. No dates. Civilian clothing. Clandestinely. Someone may be watching, like Univision.

  • mdblanche

    Good morning, Mr. King. After the last election the Republican Party suddenly realized that they have no appeal whatsoever to, among many other groups, Hispanic Americans, immigrants, and young people. The party immediately set out on a belated outreach campaign to convince these groups that the Republican Party is not really opposed to their existence even though it is. Should this campaign succeed, the Republican base, media figures, and elected officials would be forced to stop releasing their toxic bile which would put the entire GOP at risk of dying off by liver poisoning.

    Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to singlehandedly sabotage this campaign by making a series of ever more offensive statements about groups the GOP is trying to reach out to. As always, should you or any member of your VPM (very possible mission) force be caught or killed, the RNC chair will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This party will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Steve.

    • muselet

      It’s just not complete without this.

      –alopecia

  • blackdaug

    It occurs to me, as we approach the midterms, the various daily rantings of King and the rest of the baggers may not be the fringe idiocy they appear to be.
    Gerrymandering has been so effective, the biggest fear most republican congress critters face these days is a primary challenger from the right. Appealing to the white, racist voters in those districts requires a special kind of more direct approach.
    Kings crazy mutterings are condemned by the leadership, but he hasn’t lost any of his chair positions. No action has been taken against him.
    This may just be what passes for an electoral strategy in the crazy / stupid world of the GOP these days. Unleash the wingunts as a kind of out loud dog whistle to the gerrymandered base.