Morning Awesome

Civil War Journal - The Story of the 54th Massachusetts

The regiment's charge against Fort Wagner, as seen in Glory, occurred on July 18, 1863. 150 years ago this past week.

This entry was posted in Civil War and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    Maybe my funny bone needs adjusting. I can’t quite see the comedy laugh riot in interspersing cuts from Pirates of the Caribbean and Rambo into the movie Glory, especially this scene.

      My sincere apologies. I had no idea that this was a prank video and I should’ve watched the entire thing before posting it. Who the hell would do something like that? I’m sick with disgust.

  • Hugo S LaVia

    I agree w/ Nefercat. Is someone TRYING to make light of scores of black soldiers who were lead to their slaughter by a dumbass white commander?

      Clearly so. Again, I’m tremendously sorry. I didn’t watch the whole video before posting this.

    I was horrified to learn that the video clip from the movie ‘Glory’ I had posted today was, in fact, a prank video. Someone on YouTube edited scenes from Rambo, etc, into the Fort Wagner sequence from the movie, but deep within the clip so it’s good and buried. I should’ve screened the whole thing before posting it. I’m truly sorry for posting that video and for any disrespect that it conveyed.