Peak Fox News Channel

Worst interview ever.

Clearly a producer or executive decided on the angle for this interview, and that would make it even worse because it’s not just an anchor’s misguided opinion, but a failed strategy to pander to the audience, orchestrated by a team of Fox News hacks.

(h/t Kush Arora)
This entry was posted in Fox News Channel, Religion and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • kushiro -

    Just wait until she finds out the Bible was written by a bunch of Jews.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      Exactly!
      And watch her head explode when she’s told that Judaism, Christianity and Islam all came from the same book of Abraham.

  • JMAshby

    Caliphate clue!

  • Christopher Foxx

    My local library system has 25 copies of Aslan’s book, and over 200 people have it on their pull list. Seems to me Fox has reason to be afraid, in that folks who actually read books are very interested in hearing what Aslan had to say.

    (And bravo to Aslan for how he handled the interview. “Uh, I have a PhD in what I

    And if a Christian writes a scholarly book about Mohammed, would Fox have the news to question their bias? Of course not! IOKIYARC

  • SEPA_Q

    Haven’t been able to watch the video for technical reasons, but heard Aslan on The Daily Show recently. He said he was raised as a fundamentalist Christian.

    I just watched the Daily Show interview and it was very good. Fox doesn’t want this guy’s books to sell because he says that Christian Fundamentalism, i.e., the literal interp of the Bible, is a modern reaction to the Enlightenment and Science. Can’t alienate all those ignorant watchers.

  • muselet

    Shorter Lauren Green: We’ll talk about what you actually wrote if we have time at the end of the segment, but first I want your reaction to these random opinions about your book from people who haven’t read it.

    There’s professional, there’s unprofessional, and then there’s this interview.

    –alopecia

  • AJ Slemmer

    Gotta give her props for trying to keep the hatchet swinging even after he’s disarmed her. That’s some weapons-grade stupid.

  • Mike_Norris

    I always loved the analogy of someone getting their ass handed to them. That was as close to that analogy coming to life as I have ever seen. “Worst interview ever” is an understatement.

  • missliberties

    Even RedState bloggers are condemning the interview! Whoa!

    ↓↓ (found on Facebook)