Pennsylvania GOP Chair Says Voter ID ‘Helped Cut Obama’

Listen not to just Pennsylvania Republican party Chairman Rob Gleason claim that voter ID lowered President Obama’s margin of victory, listen to the way he says it, too.

Question: Do you think all the attention drawn to voter ID affected last year’s election?

Gleason: Yeah, I think a little bit. We probably had a better election. Think about this, we cut Obama by five percent, which was big. A lot of people lost sight of that. He won. He beat McCain by 10 percent. He only beat Romney by five percent. I think that probably voter ID helped a bit in that.

The sanctification and glee in his voice is palpable.

“Think about this” he says “we cut Obama by five percent, which was big.”

“We cut Obama.”

He doesn’t say ‘we cut voter fraud’ or ‘we boosted turnout.’ He says “we cut Obama.” And with a wink and a nod, he’s damn proud of it. So proud of it, in fact, that he openly laments that “people lost sight of that.”

It’s as plain as day but, don’t worry, the Supreme Court says racism is over.

(h/t Ed Tayter)
This entry was posted in Racism, Voter Suppression and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    This should be used in a Democratic campaign around the time that people need to register to vote in most states. Get I.D.s is the best that can be done at this point, perhaps a fundraiser and rides to help people get I.D.s could be done by activists. I’d certainly donate.

    We need new ACORNS with good lawyers and a constituency that lets Congress know that there would be hell to pay if they interfered with its legal activity.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    I love it when they accidentally tell the truth.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I get sickened when they do that, because it shows how big a bunch of sociopaths they are.

  • D_C_Wilson

    So, what he’s saying that is that Romney is more unpopular than the final vote tally indicated.

    The law in PA was a joke. Because of the last minute court ruling, they couldn’t actually enforce it, but poll workers were still instructed to ask for ID. In other words, if you refused to show ID or didn’t have it, they had no legal reason to stop you from voting. It just about making people feel intimidated.