Producers of Big Brother 15 Experimenting With Racists and Bigots

Big Brother, a so-called ‘reality show’ that’s been airing on the CBS network for 15 seasons has an abundant amount of racists and bigots this season– with two contestants already being fired from their day jobs– unbeknownst to them due to the fact that they have no contact with the outside world while they’re in the house.

I’m told that these same people who are inadvertently building a public resume of bigotry think they’re doing great with America, and evidently talk all the time on the show about being “America’s MVP.” Kind of like the GOP.

The show airs on regularly scheduled nights in prime time, but over the years they’ve expanded it to include after hours viewing, or Big Brother After Dark– which now includes both a cable show and a live internet feed, which allows voyeurs at home to document what the house guests are saying and doing around the clock.

Needless to say, whatever Match.com criteria the show’s producers have used to put these people together, some of the most despicable people in the Big Brother 15 house have wasted no time in revealing their true colors. Examples, so far, include:

GinaMarie, who said of another house guest that “because of her income level, she receives “nigger insurance” (she whispered the n-word, so it’s possible she said the version that ends with “a”). She whispered it to both Nick and Andy, neither of whom challenged her.

GinaMarie said Helen, who’s Asian, “should be kissing our ass and serving us some fucking rice.”

Aaryn said of Andy, “No one’s gonna vote for whoever that queer puts up.” She also suggested he’d win MVP because “people love the queers.”

Aaryn said about Candice, who’s black, “be careful what you say in the dark; you might not be able to see that bitch.” (A month ago, Aaryn tweeted, “Attractiveness comes from inside. What would you look like if your looks mirrored your words and actions?”)

GinaMarie said Candice “gets that fuckin’ blackness,” referring to Candice’s reaction to something that happened in the game.

Aaryn said of Helen, “Shut up. Go make some fucking rice.”

Talking about sheets that smelled bad, David said they were that way because “black Candice” was on them, and then admitted, “that was totally racist.”

Jeremy, who calls the house’s women “bitches,” said of Kaitlin, “I did touch her vagina today.. she didn’t act like she was happy.. I like to feel around see what’s she’s working with.. see if it’s a nice meat wallet … I know she’s on her period.”

Spencer called Andy “Kermit the fag”; Amanda called Andy “Faggoty Ann” (McCrae later called her out for that language, but she defended it).

Spencer said that the medical torture conducted by Nazi doctors was beneficial and praised Hitler’s speaking abilities, even while acknowledging that he’d be criticized for that.

Katilin said she likes gay people but they’re “untrustworthy in a game like this.”

GinaMarie said, “you know two blacks stick together. They’re like tokens.”

Aaryn Gries and GinaMarie Zimmerman were cut loose by their respective employers, with Gries “being dropped by modeling agency Zephyr Talent and Bella Petite magazine and Zimmerman being terminated as an employee at East Coast USA Pageant, Inc.”

But the NAZI-lover, Spencer Clawson– who forced the Union Pacific Railroad to issue a statement, although they stopped short of firing him at this time because he’s protected by the union’s collective bargaining agreement– still has some job security.

Gries’s bio says of her biggest strength: “Her psychology background allows her “to read people well and I’ve been through a lot of life situations that have molded me into a much older person than 22.”"

Either the producers of Big Brother 15 knew full well who and what they were getting in putting these people in front of the cameras, or the house guests are brilliant sociopaths who fooled them during interviews and pre-screening.

Either way, the irony is that the producers of the show are scrubbing and concealing all the racism, homophobia, and misogyny from their regularly scheduled program, thereby presenting a clean and edited “reality” to America’s prime time viewers.

Kind of like the way the corporate media does for the Republican party.

This entry was posted in Censorship, Epic Fail, Ethics, Misogyny, Quote, Racism, Super Stupid, The Media, WTF and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Corebela

    As a big fan of big brother this isnt completely surprising. They purposely pick people that will start a lot of drama I think. But the things being saying are just god awful but definitely indicative of how people talk when they think no one who would be offended is around. Ive seen in quite enough in real life too. Still won’t stop me from watching though. Love big brother!

    • JMAshby

      I agree. Some people say terrible things when they think no one who would be offended is listening. Hell, that’s Paula Deen’s defense in federal court now; that the plaintiff is white so it doesn’t count.

  • muselet

    I’d never thought of it in those terms, but you’re right: the whitewashing—you should pardon the expression—of bigotry on a reality program and in politics is very similar.

    Either the producers of Big Brother 15 knew full well who and what they were getting in putting these people in front of the cameras, or the house guests are brilliant sociopaths who fooled them during interviews and pre-screening.

    Nobody fooled anybody. The producers wanted sociopaths and found them, the sociopaths wanted exposure and got it. Win-win.

    Until today I didn’t know Big Brother was still on the air. Now that I know, the sun doesn’t seem as warm or bright, and the birds don’t seem to sing as sweetly.

      I didn’t realize it was still on the air either, but then, I’m a total reality TV snob. And this is why. Drama and conflict are what gets ratings. Taping a group of sane people sitting around playing Parchisee is boring. They need to pack in as many assholes a possible in order to manufacture drama.

      • muselet

        Too true.

    This is appalling. The network should be ostracized, at the very damn least!

    I have to admit that I never watch reality tv programs. I just can’t think of anything less entertaining, and I feel that many of these shows are conceived by rich white people in private meetings wherein they determine what will be of interest to the least educated among us. Makes me sick.

    • muselet

      I’m not really defending CBS or Big Brother or reality shows in general, but …

      The networks run reality shows because they’re cheap—the only thing cheaper would be a test pattern—and they attract enough eyeballs to make sponsors happy; never forget, TV is primarily in the business of selling potential customers to advertisers. CBS (or whatever production company makes the show for the network) has had to clean up the bigotry on Big Brother this season to keep from frightening the sponsors away.

      I don’t watch the things, but I’m not (much of) a snob about it because of the economics: without the profits reality shows generate, there wouldn’t be as many scripted shows.

      And reality shows are conceived to appeal to the bored and distracted, not the uneducated. I’d bet you a cookie that the detailed demographic breakdown of the Big Brother audience doesn’t look all that different than that of any other CBS show (I’d guess maybe it trends slightly younger), but I’m just guessing.

        “And reality shows are conceived to appeal to the bored and distracted,
        not the uneducated. I’d bet you a cookie that the detailed demographic
        breakdown of the Big Brother audience doesn’t look all that
        different than that of any other CBS show (I’d guess maybe it trends
        slightly younger), but I’m just guessing.”

        Ha! I have to say that I find that hard to believe, Alo. Just looking at the ads for these shows bores me to tears, and frankly, appalls me because I really do believe that these shows reflect what someone thinks of the viewing audience.

        and, for a reasonably intelligent human being, I don’t see how these shows could possibly provide a relief from boredom!

        • muselet

          It’s remarkable what people will watch—or, more correctly, have on the TV while they make dinner, brush the cat, balance the checkbook, snog the significant other or whatever. By and large, it’s background noise (which is also a reason why most shows are what Joss Whedon has called “radio with faces”: why bother with visual information if the audience isn’t actually watching?).

          That’s not the way I watch TV (and it sounds like it’s not the way you watch TV) but it’s the way most people watch TV, and reality shows are ideal summer fare: you don’t have to pay attention.

          If people in the desirable demographic stopped watching, reality shows would disappear.

            “That’s not the way I watch TV (and it sounds like it’s not the way you watch TV)”

            I generally only watch if I’m interested in a particular program. Otherwise, I use music for background noise.

            “If people in the desirable demographic stopped watching, reality shows would disappear.”

            I would LOVE to see that happen!

  • JoyP

    I never watch reality programs but when I first read this I thought “Aaryn’s” name was Aryan. Yikes! Apparently I need my eyes checked.

  • LoriK

    I am disgusted by their behavior and I cancelled my live feed
    subscription because of it. Meanness, ugly behavior, and bullying seem
    to be pervasive today. Including the author of this article who could
    not write an expose on the nasty behavior of the Big Brother contestants
    without becoming snarky and taking the opportunity to slam a political party he dislikes,
    twice. Apparently, his bias against an entire group of people is justified. I will not take this opportunity to say what I think about the author, but trust me, it isn’t because I don’t have an opinion.

    • Peter James

      Honest question here.

      Do you think the contestants mentioned in the article above are Democrats or Republicans?

      Honestly?

        You’re asking the wrong person. LoriK is a conservative.

    • PinkamenaPanic

      Your garment-rending concern over politics on a political site is noted and duly ignored. Now fuck off.

  • Peter James

    What I loved best about the Union Pacific Railroad statement was the extra effort they put in mentioning that they respect the Collective Bargaining agreement (even while no one questioned this) because,,,,they just had to let it be known that had it been up to only them, they would have fired his (Spencer Clawson’s) ass a long time ago.

    But because of the CBA, their hands are tied, and basically they just needed to cover their PR butts.

    And yes,one does love the irony of a reality show whose basic premise for being, the total exposure of its contestants, being forced to edit what they show and essentially whitewashing the show.

    .