Quote of the Day

There is no evidence that that’s true. The most realistic estimates are this might create maybe 2,000 jobs during the construction of the pipeline, which might take a year or two, and then after that we’re talking about somewhere between 50 and 100 jobs in an economy of 150 million working people. -President Obama on Keystone XL

As far as I can recall, this is the most definitive statement the president has given on the Keystone pipeline.

Last week when the president delivered a speech on jobs and economic opportunity at Knox College, Republican leadership responded by calling for the approval of the Keystone pipeline to create jobs. To say that it will only create “between 50 and 100 jobs in an economy of 150 million working people” is a very strong rebuttal.

The president has stated that approval or disapproval of the Keystone pipeline will be dependent on its environmental impact as it is not projected to create many jobs.

This entry was posted in Jobs, President Obama, Quote and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • mrbrink

    It’s a ridiculous project through the heart of the country that could only be thought up and pursued by fucking idiots.

  • Jason E

    Let’s not forget the clean up crew jobs that will be created when this thing springs a leak. Here’s an idea for a national pipeline: Half the country is on fire and the other is flooding. How about a water pipeline to address that? Scratch both and give me a secure power grid with wind and solar pipeline.