Stephen Moore: ‘Moral Monday’ Rallies Are All About Money

Good God, man. Leave it to Spazzy-dweebo Stephen Moore, the Republican columnist version of Matthew Lesko for corporate welfare to kick the poor and knock the people who are turning out for these ‘Moral Monday’ rallies in North Carolina down a peg in his overachieving pursuit of punishing pro-growth authoritarianism across the country

Warning that these ‘Moral Monday’ rallies, or “Moron Mondays,” as Moore seems to giggle with delight in repeating– may be coming to a city near you!– he writes about his conversation with Rev. William Barber II, leader of the N.C. NAACP(Moore: “Think Jesse Jackson, but with charm and genuine conviction”), and reports back to the dripping mops of conservative thought:

After a near-five minute sermon about how Republicans have made the state a “crucible of extremism and injustice,” it became clear the answer to my question is he and his followers are mad as hell about, well . . . everything. The list of grievances is long but includes unemployment-insurance cuts that took some 70,000 recipients in the state off the rolls, state lawmakers’ refusal to sign up for ObamaCare’s Medicaid expansion, a proposed voter-ID law, and of course “tax cuts for the rich.”

In mocking disenfranchised people, Stephen Moore dismisses their long and specific list of genuine grievances as nothing more than a protest against tax-cutting conservatism.

He notes that Rev. Barber “makes a strong case that some of the ballot-access changes Republicans are promoting appear motivated to suppress minority and Democratic turnout.” But in the very next sentence calls the proposed voter ID law “a sensible and popular anti-fraud measure.”

He goes on to quote Republican strategist Marc Rotterman who informs Moore:

“There is a potentially fatal flaw to the whole “Moral Monday” strategy: “The core problem is the protesters are denouncing policies like tax cuts and welfare reforms that may be unpopular with the New York Times, but are very popular with mainstream North Carolinians.”

According to Stephen Moore, economic cruelty and right wing religious fanaticism are very popular and mainstream, and we’re all just a bunch of disorganized minorities looking for handouts.

Republicans seem to take pleasure in laughing off the screams and pleas of their fellow Americans, and I can’t think of a worse fate than seeing Stephen Moore’s uncontrollable shoulder laugh as you starve because the state has to make room in the budget for a surplus of vaginal wands.

This entry was posted in Economy, Republican Party, Wingnuts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    This is the same disgusting horse faced Stephen Moore that appears as a panelist on Real Time with Bill Maher, who manages to interrupt other people and shout over them with his regurgitated right wing talking points bullshit. All while displaying his toothy, punch-me-in-the-mouth grin.

    When the revolution comes, Stephen Moore will be tied to a breaking wheel and have every bone in his evil body smashed with a crowbar.

    • leemoder

      May be a little too cruel. I’d settle for strapping Moore to a chair and forcing him to listen to FDR’s “economic royalists” speech over and over…Clockwork Orange-style.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Hmmmm… Nah! I still wanna see him physically harmed. >:D

    • Vic78

      What is wrong with Bill Maher? Having those jerkoffs on his show makes Bill look unserious. He says it’s good tv.

      • Lady Willpower

        He can’t just have liberals on all the time.

        • Vic78

          You can have intelligent discussions without liars and half wit conservatives. I noticed when conversations were getting good, the neocon would jump in with some unneeded bullshit. We need informed disagreement. Those people make a mockery of our political discourse.

          • Lady Willpower

            There aren’t enough intelligent, civil, decent conservatives left. He’d have to keep bringing back the same guests every week.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        It think Maher gets off seeing people yell and scream at each other. That’s why he always has on people like Moore, Ann Coulter, Nick Gillespie, etc. And that’s why I always skip over the panel discussions on RT. Maher at times can be funny and insightful. But there are too many times he can be an obnoxious dick with the emotional level of a ten year old.

        • D_C_Wilson

          Sadly, people yelling and screaming at each is considered “good television” while having an intelligent conversation about serious issues is not.

  • muselet

    Colloquial German has a word that’s useful in describing people like Stephen Moore: Radfahrer.

    Literally, Radfahrer means “bicyclist” (so if you’re getting flashbacks from your half-remembered high-school German, don’t panic). Colloquially, though, it means a kick-down-kiss-up kind of guy, what Howard Rheingold called “an obsequious martinet.” What exactly this character trait has to do with velocipedes, I know not, but it describes Moore perfectly.

    Although “spazzy-dweebo” works just fine, too.

    –alopecia

    • Sabyen91

      There is another German word that is appropriate.
      Backpfeifengesicht: German for a face that cries out for a fist in it.

  • BlueTrooth

    Moore and other Conservatives have learned the art of willful ignorance to the point they actually believe the focus of the protests are unemployment insurance cuts and “welfare reforms” (cuts to SNAP). This makes a convenient argument, but it ignores the fundamental issues which include a “living wage through employment” and a renewed commitment to the ideal of a secure society. The prejudice and bias it requires to spin the Moral Mondays into a rally for “Lazy Americans” is quite disturbing, but that’s par for the course when privilege becomes principle.

  • trgahan

    Same old crap some conservative “intellectual” gets paid to pump out any time American citizen’s rally together for something other than pro-gun, pro-life, or anti-tax rallies (those people are fighting unjust government run amok, of course!). First call the people rallying stupid; then insist their message is marginal and radical compared to what “Real Americans” support.

    The beauty is Moore will never have to show one bit of evidence supporting his arguments. And others will, at worst, call his arguments “thought provoking.”

  • theronware

    Stephen Moore is a huge right wing hack and corporate whore!

  • CripesAmighty

    So, Uncle Miltie(Friedman)’s postmortem sidekick does a little poor-punching for the amusement of one and all–‘Moron Mondays”. Hyuk.hyuk. What a card.