Steve King: DREAMers Are Mostly Drug Runners

Okay, comparing immigrants to “a good bird dog” may have been offensive, but it was no worse than saying most of them are drug runners, right?

Here’s Steve King again via RightWingWatch

King: It doesn’t mean there aren’t groups of people in this country I have sympathy for. I do. And there are kids being brought into this country by their parents unknowing that they’re breaking the law. And they will say to me and others who defend the rule of law: we have to do something about the 11 million, and some of them are valedictorians.

Well my answer to that is — and by the way their parents brought them in it wasn’t their fault — it’s true in some cases, but they aren’t all valedictorians. They weren’t all brought in by their parents. For every one who’s a valedictorian, there’s another hundred out there that weigh 130 pounds and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they’ve been hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.

Those people would be legalized with the same act. And until the folks who want to open the borders and grant this amnesty can define the difference between the innocent ones who have deep ties with America and those who have, I’ll say, been undermining our culture and civilization and profiting from criminal acts. Until they can define that difference they should not advocate for amnesty for both good and evil.

It’s hard to believe that Steve King has sympathy for anyone when he follows that up with the caveat that, for every successful immigrant student, there are a hundred more who do nothing but bring drugs across the border. But they aren’t just drug runners in Steve King’s mind, they’re also “evil” people who have been “undermining our culture” because, obviously, white boys had no concept of getting high before immigrants introduced it to them.

I’m not sure whose job it is to handle Steve King or if he even has handlers, but I do know there must be someone at the RNC whose asshole puckers each time King steps in front of the cameras to plead with Latinos to vote for the other party.

As long as he keeps doing it, I’ll keep highlighting it.

This entry was posted in Immigration, Racism and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    “…profiting from criminal acts…”

    Just to clear something up…they are 130 pounds (only fat entitled conservative American would see being in shape as a bad thing) and have calves the size of cantaloupes because they are either A) literally harvesting cantaloupes all day in the summer heat in Big Ag’s fields stretching from Texas to California; B) hauling sheet rock, framing, roof shingles, etc all day for the residential housing construction industry; or C) cleaning our hotels, our houses, our lawns, babysitting our babies, raising our kids, cooking our food from daily meals to high end cuisine, etc.

    All so the owners can bottom out wages and pump up their profit margins. And should ANYONE of them complain…”Hello, ICE? I have a few border jumpers for ya!”

    That 20 year old rusted out pick up filled with day labors driving by playing mariachi music may scare the shit out of Rep. King and his constituents, but it is hardly undermining our “civilization.’

    • Lady Willpower

      Their idea of “undermining our culture” is “when people complain about the Confederate flag.”

      Yep. I’d like to see Steve King work like a Mexican one day out of his hateful little lif—

      scratch that. I’d like to see Steve King work like a Mexican for the rest of his life.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        I’d like to see Steve King used like a piñata.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    With Republicans, when it comes to guns, it’s “Let’s not hinder the good by trying to hinder the bad.”

    With everything else other than guns, it’s “Let’s not help the bad by trying to help the good.”

  • Nefercat

    “For every one who’s a valedictorian, there’s another hundred out there that weigh 130 pounds and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they’ve been hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.”

    But… but… splutter… Ouch! (Slamming my head on the desk hurt!) Ow! Ouch!

    Still doesn’t make any sense. And there is something creepily icky about the “130 pounds with (strokable?) calves like cantaloupes.” Just, eww.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      Scum like King are working overtime to perpetuate the myth that there are thousands of brown people skulking across the Mexican border daily, when a vast number of undocumented workers come from arriving legally and overstaying visas.
      And there are millions of undocumented workers who are….guess what….WORKING!
      Pricks like King will never address the real issues of the corporations, farms, ranches, or businesses who depend on exploiting undocumented labor.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Bring that up and they’ll immediately start talking about how all the Mexicans want to come her for the “free stuff” Obama is giving them.

    • cleos_mom

      “And there is something creepily icky about the “130 pounds and they’ve
      got (strokable?) calves the size of cantaloupes.” Just, eww.”

      Sounds more than a bit like a former skinny kid who spent a lot of time drooling over bodybuilder magazines.

  • histrogeek

    So there are thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of super-athletic Mexicans capable of hauling half their body weight across hundreds of miles of trackless desert, apparently without any additional supplies? Shouldn’t the Army, Marine Corps, the U.S. Track and Field Association, and the NFL be looking into recruitment? Why hasn’t Mexican reconquista been completed?

    And, as Charlie Pierce pointed out, why are pot prices so damn high when we’ve some kind of Silk Road of drugs moving through Arizona?

    • Claude Weaver

      Apparently Mexico developed the Super Soldier program before we did.

      As far as the pot prices, somebody must be smoking it up before it gets out of Arizona if they keep this guy in office

  • RenoRick

    I can’t wait for the time in our country when tourists start avoiding states like the ones the King represents like the plague. People do not want to visit places where hate is the #1 export. Look how much $$ Arizona lost in tourism due to the “Papers Please” law. And if they are “fiscal” conservatives, then why do they waste so much taxpayer money? I.E. abortion laws, welfare for corporations, bombing brown people, repealing healthcare, etc…

  • Vic78

    Something’s not quite right about that King guy.

    Where is the commenter Christopher Foxx (sp?). He was defending this guy the other day and I said, King has a pattern and this just proves it, yet again.

  • muselet

    Nope, no racism there.

    And that poor RNC staffer must be sitting three inches taller now that this video has escaped the confines of Newsmax.

    –alopecia

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    The bigotry and stereotyping is just dripping off each sentence by this a-hole.
    His memory must be going because he forgot to say wetbacks for pete’s sake.
    King is a disgusting human being.

  • incredulous72

    Keep it going Steve! You’re doing GRRRRRRREAT!

    Between Rand Paul and his white supremacist, Steve King’s bigotry and hatred spewing rhetoric and the Republican House members refusing to pass Immigration reform, we could be looking at a rout by the Democrats in the House next year.

    KEEP IT UP REPUBLICANS!!!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Guilty until proven innocent is Steve King’s mantra.

  • D_C_Wilson

    You know, there was a time, not really that long ago, when if a politician was heard saying something like this about an entire group of people, he’d be embarrassed and humiliated. More importantly, he’d have kissed his career goodbye.

    Now, it’s considered a badge of honor among these douchebags.