Subsidy Stamps

CampaignCoupons

Artist – Steve Sack

According to Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP), comprehensive immigration reform may increase the amount of taxes paid by immigrants by as much as $2 billion.

Isn’t that what House Republicans want? I jest.

This entry was posted in Open Thread, Taxes and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • i_a_c

    Greenwald writes another screed claiming there was no blackmail or threat, and then goes on to describe in detail the blackmail and threat. Pretzel logic at its best.

    • blackdaug

      He is setting a new personal best in back pedaling there. ”I am not saying he will shoot the hostage… I am just saying he has a loaded gun pointed at the hostages head….’

    • dbtheonly

      Yeah, but what does that have to do with the Farm Bill?

      Since the AG subsidies & Food Stamps have been split; does that mean we can bring both halves down or force a re-coupling?

      • blackdaug

        Then go make that comment. ..without replying to mine. Or did you just invent a comment rule?

      • i_a_c

        This is the nightly open thread…

    Well, if immigrants are going to start paying taxes on top of often working for less than minimum wage, being ripped off by their employers, having no benefits and being in debt to the company store, then I think they deserve legal protection from things like this

    http://cironline.org/reports/female-workers-face-rape-harassment-us-agriculture-industry-4798