Texas Troopers Confiscating Tampons at the State Legislature

You’re allowed to bring a gun into the state legislature in Texas, but we cannot allow you to carry personal hygiene products for women.

The assumption appears to be that tampons may be used as projectiles by unruly women on their periods.

This entry was posted in Abortion, War On Women, WTF and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    So…. Had women in fact been throwing tampons and condoms at legislators? Are men’s pockets and wallets being searched for condoms? Have they begun body cavity searches for these strange lady missiles?The New Yorker story about a Texas bill to ban women (with their scary, icky, satanic, mysterious, lady parts) from being in Texas is not, after all, satire, but inspiration, for jackwagons like Stockman?

    I have a headache. I think I’ll go throw a tampon at someone.

  • Ipecac

    Even if women were throwing tampons, why would the legislators be upset? Because, free tampons.

    • muselet

      But but but … they have girl cooties!

      –alopecia

      • Nefercat

        I do believe that’s the real problem.

      Indeed, those damn things aren’t cheap ya know!

  • JessFlagg

    There are just no words for The STUPID. My God Texas, get a grip! Guns allowed, tampons are too lethal a weapon? Begs the question, has one tampon ever been thrown or did some dummy (ATSteveWorks4You) just dream this one up!

    Those suckers can kill I tell ya.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Texas Democrats are now screaming because they’re not being allowed to throw tampons and condoms at legislators on the Senate floor

    No, because they’re not allowed to carry necessary hygiene products.

    Of course, Stockman cannot conceive that distinction.

  • JMAshby

    As far as I can tell, there have been no actual incidents of tampons being thrown. It seems to be just a rumor that was spread by anti-choice jagoffs. Troopers then acted on the rumor.

    • Christopher Foxx

      According to Stockman, it was “tampons, condoms and feces” that were planned to be thrown.

      So were they searching wallets for condoms as well, or only harassing the women.

      And how far up folks’s asses were they planning to go?

        As far as was necessary to keep Baby Jeebus happy.

      • D_C_Wilson

        I wouldn’t be the least surprised if Stockman had been the one who started the rumor.

      Well, that’s some damn fine police work I must say. Those brave Texas legislators, so willing to risk deadly gun fire but heaven forfend they risk having the humiliation of having a tampon thrown at them!

  • Christopher Foxx

    Really? They were finding feces in purses now? I doubt it.

    Republicans have absolutely no shame about lying when they’re caught being abusive. “I had to hit her, folks. Really. Clearly she was planning on disagreeing with me so I had to make sure her eyes were swelled shut so she couldn’t see where to aim.”

  • theronware

    Looks like Republican small government in action! sigh.

    • Nefercat

      Uh, tampons are small? Sure! Let’s go with that!

      • ninjaf

        Especially the Slim Fit size. Were they only seizing the super heavy flow ones?

    I would be soooo tempted to drop trou and say, “you forgot this one”. I’d go to jail but it would be well worth it to shame them.

    • Nefercat

      I’d post your bail (if it were really low because I can barely keep the lights on)!

        Maybe we could take up a collection. LOL

    • Christopher Foxx

      A bit gross, but one of my first thoughts is that the Texas women should go drip blood all down the hallways an on the seats in legislature. “Hey, if you don’t want the mess, don’t be an asshole, Stockman.”

        Great and gross minds think alike!

  • Treading_Water

    Menstruation is murder.

  • Treading_Water

    Congresstwit Stockman heard the word “menses” and said “oh great, now we gotta deal with those damn geniuses in that club”

    • Christopher Foxx

      LOL

    • ninjaf

      He read it as mens-es…as in plural mens.

  • Treading_Water

    Who has room for tampons when the entire Texas Teapublican legislature is jammed up there already?

  • Tbone

    Instead, they should throw bullets. Doesn’t seem to be an issue bringing those into the ledge.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      lol! BRILLIANT!!!

  • John

    If I was a woman I would just go in there and bleed all over the place