What Could Go Wrong?

North Carolina is a shining example of what can happen to a state in a limited amount of time when the inmates are allowed to take over the asylum.

North Carolina lawmakers approved a bill Tuesday that will allow concealed-carry permit holders to take firearms into bars and restaurants and other places where alcohol is served as long it isn’t expressly forbidden by the owner.

The Republican-backed bill also allows concealed-carry permit holders to store weapons in locked cars on the campus of any public school or university.

Once signed by Gov. Pat McCrory, the measure would also allow guns on greenways, playgrounds and other public recreation areas.

Bring your guns to bars, public schools, and playgrounds.

Why do you need a gun on a playground?

Even if you don’t intend to use it, accidents do happen quite regularly as we’ve seen.

This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • LeShan Jones

    Eventually all of this gun fetishising is going to come back to haunt these nimrods. One day someone is going to shoot one or all of them.
    Sucks for me…I’m in North Carolina now.

  • MrDHalen

    The days of ignoring your state and local government is over in many places in this country. Republicans have lost their collective minds and are now “Legislating Chaos into the Social Contract”. All the white people thinking their skin color is going to protect them in this new wild-west frontier are in for a big surprise.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Why do you need a gun on a playground?

    Adam Lanza would say that’s a stupid question.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Fun Fact: The Shootout at the OK Corral in Tombstone, AZ (Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday fame) was precipitated because the lawmen required everyone to surrender their guns when they came to town.

    It’s amazing that the “wild west” had stricter control that we could even dream of in this “tyrannical government.”

    • LeShan Jones

      Having been to Tombstone many times I’m very familiar with the shootout (that wasn’t) at the OK corral. Numerous towns throughout the west had similar ordinances for just about the same reasons we want gun control. That and a vigorous law enforcement was what tamed the west, not rampant gun-play.