Worst Persons in the World

The North Carolina Republicans for this:

North Carolina’s GOP-controlled House passed controversial abortion measures Thursday tucked in a motorcycle safety bill on a 74-41 vote, according to the Charlotte Observer.

Republicans argue that the bill is about ensuring women’s safety, while Democrats say the bill forces abortion clinics to adhere to unneccessary regulations they can’t afford to comply with, essentially forcing the clinics to shut down.

Republicans came under fire for attaching the measure to the motorcycle safety bill because it allowed them to quickly push through the bill with limited public input.

Yes, they sneaked an anti-choice law into a motorcycle bill. The Republicans will clearly stop at nothing to turn women in every red state into second class citizens whose reproductive organs are the purview of the government.

This entry was posted in Abortion, Worst Persons and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • blackdaug
  • LeShan Jones

    Well, when you can’t even be fairly elected without underhanded acts like gerrymandering and voter suppresion laws, what else would you expect? We see thousands of people in nearly every republican’t controlled state protesting these extremist actions, and we see the serving republican’ts completely ignoring the will of the people in favor of the will of the teabagger.

    Wholly unfit for their position.

    I hardly think this qualifies as “tucked in”, as the text (pdf) of the bill is about 80% abortion (169 lines out of a total of 218 lines and the first 80% at that) , and the title is:

    “AN ACT TO MODIFY CERTAIN LAWS PERTAINING TO ABORTION, TO LIMIT ABORTION COVERAGE UNDER HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS OFFERED UNDER A HEALTH BENEFIT EXCHANGE OPERATING IN NORTH CAROLINA OR OFFERED BY A COUNTY OR MUNICIPALITY, TO PROHIBIT A PERSON FROM PERFORMING OR ATTEMPTING TO PERFORM AN ABORTION WHEN THE SEX OF THE UNBORN CHILD IS A SIGNIFICANT FACTOR IN SEEKING THE ABORTION, TO DIRECT THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES TO AMEND RULES AND CONDUCT A STUDY PERTAINING TO CLINICS CERTIFIED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES TO BE SUITABLE FACILITIES FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF ABORTIONS,TO AMEND THE WOMEN’S RIGHT TO KNOW ACT, AND TO INCREASE PENALTIES FOR UNSAFE MOVEMENTS BY DRIVERS THAT THREATEN THE PROPERTY AND SAFETY OF MOTORCYCLISTS”

    • blackdaug

      Sure Rob Buttledge…that was the intent….

        Umm, what, ‘dackblaug’? Areway eway alkingtay inway odecay ownay?

    • gescove

      I was under the impression that “tucked in” referred to grafting the anti-abortion language to an entirely unrelated bill in order to circumvent the hearings process and timely notification, not the bill’s title or intent.

        But it also refers to sneaking something in that won’t be noticed… which this is far from being.

  • YesMan4

    Bob: YOU ARE THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD. A PARTY LINE HACK WITH NO DISCERNIBLE VALUES. NO GO BACK TO KILLING THE MESSENGER!!

      Troll shouts what?

      • YesMan4

        You shills can go back to pretending to care about privacy:

        https://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/12/us/report-indicates-more-extensive-cooperation-by-microsoft-on-surveillance.html?_r=1&
        The advocate, Senator Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat and a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in an interview Thursday that he
        believed that the security agency might soon abandon the bulk collection
        of the telephone calling data of millions of Americans.

        The current controversy over the agency’s surveillance policies was
        first set off after Mr. Snowden leaked a secret FISA court order telling
        Verizon to turn over calling data from all of its customers. Mr. Wyden
        now believes that the White House is beginning to recognize that the
        program raises so many privacy concerns that it is willing to drop it.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Troll shouts stupidity.

        • Lady Willpower

          “KILLING THE MESSENGER!”

          I got BINGO.

          • muselet

            We’re playing Crazy Person Bingo? Damn, I thought we were playing Crazy Person Scrabble (all caps is a triple phrase score, too).

            –alopecia

          • Lady Willpower

            Greenwald BINGO. Scrabble takes too long.

            1. Shills
            2. Lapdogs
            3. Obamabot (or Obot)
            4. Police State
            5. Shooting (or killing) the messenger
            6. Bradley Manning
            7. Targeted killing of Americans
            8. American soil
            9. Vicious smear tactics
            10. DRONES
            11. White House/DNC talking points
            12. 30 pieces of silver

            Honestly, it doesn’t take very long to fill up the card.

          • YesMan4

            Nice resume, please add dates and salaries.

      • Zen Diesel

        Please don’t feed the trolls….lol

    • Kitty Smith

      WHUT ABOWT TEH MENZ!