WTF is this?

Salon actually published this. This was seen by the eyes of an editor after it was written by Rich Benjamin and given the okey dokey. And I’m not linking to it, you can find it yourself.

Before an audience of supporters, Holder recently called for a full investigation of Martin’s death after Zimmerman’s acquittal. Holder vowed that the Justice Department will act “in a manner that is consistent with the facts and the law. We will not be afraid.”

“We must stand our ground,” he told supporters.

Some of us have an Inner Child. Others have an Inner Nigger. Is Holder the president’s conscience? Or his Inner Nigger?

Is Holder the president’s aggressive internal mind and voice — willing to speak truth to power, but unbothered with appearing like an angry black man?

Is Eric Holder the president’s “Inner Nigger?”

PicardWTF

“Some of us have an Inner Child. Others have an Inner Nigger.” Why? Because we’re not all black? Does this mean all black people have an “Inner Nigger” and some just haven’t found theirs?

You’ll have to forgive me as I’m damn near at a total loss for words and approaching wit’s end.

Even if you look past the choice of words, which is terrible, Benjamin is arguing that the president is unwilling to get his hands dirty and call for what needs to be done.

The obvious counter-argument is that Eric Holder has already called for doing what needs to be done because that’s his job. He’s the attorney general of the United States, and when he said that they will not be afraid, what he meant was the Justice Department will not shirk its responsibilities just because it may ruffle a few feathers.

The president more than got his hands dirty by going in front of the nation and laying out in very personal terms what being a black man in America means to him and what it means to millions of others. No other president has said what he said. And no other president could relate to the pain the way he can, because racism transcends class and occupation. Not every president has been asked for their birth certificate or been mistaken for a waiter.

This should be the last time I have anything to say about the garbage heap that is Salon dot com. Fingers crossed.

This entry was posted in Racism, The Media and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Lady Willpower

    WHAT.
    THE.
    FUCK.

  • blackdaug

    Apparently, he thought that Key and Peele sketch was a documentary…..

    • dbtheonly

      I was thinking the same thing except Key & Peele are funnier.

  • JoyP

    I saw that article last night and was going to comment but I couldn’t even find words to express myself. I just sat there staring at the screen and thought “seriously?”

  • Teddy’s Person

    Even before it was written, it was a thought in Rich Benjamin’s brain, and there was nothing in there that stopped him from committing this particular thought to paper. WTF indeed!!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Jesus F. Christ! That was a fucking stupid thing to say!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Some of us have an Inner Child. Others have an Inner Nigger.

    And Rich Benjamin clearly has an Inner Douchebag!

  • js hooper

    The professional left is coming apart at the seams. This Cornel West wannabe is a regular on Chris Hayes’ show.

    In the past few days Salon has published:

    Obama = Zimmerman

    The Al-Awlaki is no different than Trayvon meme

    and now Holder is Obama’s inner Nigg#r
    (Btw go read the comments on that post….unbelievable racism from a “progressive” site)

    These views aren’t just isolated link bait….They are being parroted and spread throughout the ODS left

    • blackdaug

      The unhinged right is swimming into this split like blood in the water, and the unhinged left is doing all it can to oblige them.

      • Lamashtar

        Clinging to a moderate centrist life buoy…

    • missliberties

      Don’t you kind of think that these folks weren’t really lefties to begin with?

      I honestly don’t get it. Their constant mantra is you can’t criticize the President without being a racist? Is that their point, or what exactly is their point, because I am honestly missing it. It’s such an insane over reaction.

      The hippies sought out black culture as a way to be authentic. What’s changed that now trying to understand black culture is racist? I am truly baffled.

  • GOVCHRIS1988

    As a black man myself, he only message I have for Rich Benjamin is this, “Don’t let me catch your dumbass in the street.”

  • ak1287

    JUST when I thought Salon had topped it’s own special brand of Outrage Stupidity, they pull this beautiful little number.
    The cynic in me wants to believe that this is primarily click bait; no one is this stupid. NO ONE.
    The pessimist in me knows that, in fact, 99.9% of the contributors to Salon are actually that stupid, and actually exceed my expectations. Including the reader discussion section.
    The misanthrope in me just wants to tear the whole thing down, brick by brick.

    • missliberties

      Left wing intellectualism ala Salon is in a sorry state.

      I am getting in touch with my inner nigger right now. Hey Rich, let’s hang out!

  • Zen Diesel

    It just shows that some extremists are idiots. Unfortunately his comment, will feed the troll monkeys on the right.

  • Nefercat

    Bawk, wha, huh? Are we racing toward some bizarre singularity of racism, stupidity, nuclear level patronizing finger wagging condescension, all wrapped in a steaming baked on layer of diamond bright fuckery? Should we disconnect from the internet to make sure we are not sucked into it?

    Is there anything whatsoever that President Obama could ever do or say that the pack of gibbering loons yammering across the intertubes daily will not rip to shreds?

  • missliberties

    The racists at Breitbart have already latched onto the stink of Benji’s confab like white on rice.

    LGF has highlighted the stink of it all.

    http://littlegreenfootballs.com

    • i_a_c

      Rightwing racists love to jump all over those times when an African-American appears to validate their racism. “See, this black man agrees that Obama is an angry [redacted] at heart!”

      • Lamashtar

        “Now I get to say **!” with all the glee of a child getting away with it.

    • muselet

      Why am I not surprised?

      –alopecia

    • 1933john

      More like “Stink on Shit”.

  • i_a_c

    What the fuck is going on at Salon? Dronewald (thanks Hooper) and his monolithic band of acolytes went to the Guardian, so are they trying to make up for lost traffic by race baiting now? Who the hell is approving this content? Does Joan Walsh have anything to do with that anymore? Good Lord, I expect this type of shit on Breitbart, or perhaps Stormfront.

    It’s interesting how the first black president brought out everyone’s true colors. And my God, if you’re the first black president, don’t you dare talk about your life experience as a black man, or you’ll be excoriated by Salon and Breitbart both. It has been a particularly revealing week, especially for the “left”–I already knew the rightwing was full of unrepentant racists.

    • mrbrink

      “It’s interesting how the first black president brought out everyone’s true colors.”

      I believe this is why he is hated on all sides. Daddy is now beating Mommy and shouting racist slurs to the neighbors and it’s all Obama’s fault.

    • js hooper

      “Dronewald”….I forgot about that.It’s cool that my nickname caught on.

      When it comes to what’s going on at Salon….I’m not surprised.

      I remember a while back Joan Walsh getting in to a heated argument with ABL over a piece Melissa Harris Perry wrote… about white liberals abandoning Obama when they stood by Clinton.

      Joan blurted out (on twitter)…That she RESENTED black people who thought they were President Obama’s base.Then she proceeded to mock black people’s loyalty to the Democratic Party & Pres.Obama.That was kind of an eye opener and it allowed a lot of people to understand why she REFUSED for so long to hold Greenwald accountable for his numerous examples of jumping the shark.

      She simply could care less whether black people are offended by what’s said on her site…or by her employees. She’s as shameless as Queen Arianna.

      • Kerry Reid

        Well, what actually happened (and I’m the “Oblomova” mentioned in this link) is that Joan flat-out lied about (or so badly misrepresented that it basically became indistinguishable from a lie) something that Ishmael Reed wrote in the NY Times. Here’s a recap from Reed:

        http://www.counterpunch.org/2011/05/03/joan-walsh-s-twitter-brawl-with-herself/

        She is simply hacktastic and incapable of basic fact-checking — I had to call her out shortly after the 2008 election when she wrote a simpering piece in which she suggested that Obama would have voted for the Iraq War resolution if he had been in the Senate because his fellow senator from Illinois, Dick Durbin, had voted for it.

        One teensy-weensy problem: Durbin DIDN’T vote for it. Something you’d think an editor/journalist might have double checked before publication. Instead, Joan’s usual modus operandi as I’ve seen it is to pull stuff straight from her bunghole, then act outraged and put-upon and victimized when people complain about the stench.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    Paging Joan Walsh…

  • ChrisAndersen

    How the mighty have fallen. There are those among us can remember when Salon was the place to go during the absurdity of the Clinton witchhunt and the darkness of the Bush years. It was the place you went to find sane commentary.

    What happened?

    • 1933john

      Black Family living in the White House.

    • missliberties

      If Hillary is the next President the same people will be bitching and moaning about something else because damn it they are liberals, true liberals and nothing else matters, including ceding victory to the GOP, because ‘principles’.

      • D_C_Wilson

        I’m not so sure. How much of this firebagging is leftover resentment because Obama upset Hillary’s coronation? I guess we’ll see. If she does become president next, will they harp on every compromise she is forced to make or will they give her a pass?

        • ak1287

          I really hate to say it, but I’m pretty sure, somewhere deep in the bowels of Salon.com HQ, there’s a checklist, and a small, hunched figure whose sole task is to review that list after every presidential election.
          We already had the first black president. Now, they think that time has passed, and find it unforgivable that they couldn’t move on to the next mark: first female president.

          • missliberties

            I think it is more related to the fact that in spite of their pretense at edgy liberal intellectualism, the Hillary faction was very very upset that Obama as a young upstart, threw a wrench in the well connected Washington scene.

            Salon has been caught several times recently with very inside the beltway feel of shoddy biased reporting.

        • missliberties

          The fire baggers, who insist that if you aren’t for Snowden you are against life as we know it have already declared they WILL not vote for Hillary. These are the Naderites who believe that there is no other principled person on earth except for them and Glenn Greenwald.

            +1 for the use of “dast”

      >>>What happened?

      A racist editor. Joan.