Assange: Our Only Hope is Ron and Rand Paul, Drudge Report

It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for. The moment when Julian Assange of Wikileaks removes any doubt of whose side they’re on.

Spoiler: it’s not your side, unless you’re a privileged white guy who feels oppressed.

Beginning at 0:45

ASSANGE: Matt Drudge is a news media innovator, and he took off about 8 years ago in relation to the Monica Lewinsky scandal when he first became famous by publishing information that the establishment press in the United States would not publish. It is as a result of the self-censorship of the establishment press in the United States that gave Matt Drudge such a platform and so of course he should be applauded for breaking a lot of that censorship.

1:55

ASSANGE: In relation to Rand Paul. I’m a big admirer of Ron Paul and Rand Paul for their very principled positions in the U.S. Congress on a number of issues. They have been the strongest supporters of the fight against the U.S. attack on Wikileaks and on me in the U.S. congress. Similarly, they have been the strongest opponents of drone warfare and extrajudicial killing.

That’s quite an interesting phenomenon in the United States. The position of the libertarian Republican [inaudible] Right, coming from a principle of non-violence, which is the libertarian American position, that produces interesting results. Non-violence: don’t go and invade a foreign country. Non-violence: don’t force people to put a bullet at the barrel of a gun to serve in the U.S. Army. Non-violence: don’t extort taxes from people to the federal government with the policemen. Similarly other aspects of non-violence in relation to abortion.

6:30

ASSANGE: Nearly every other Democrat – that’s right nearly every Democrat in Congress — has been co-opted by the Obama administration or co-opted by DC social networks. The economic, successful part of the Republican party is often in bed with the war industry. Completely in bed. So there’s now an extreme center in the United States where the Democratic administration and a large chunk of the Republican party have come together and are pushing forward very fast in a dangerous direction that compromises U.S. democracy. [...]

The libertarian aspect of the Republican party is presently the only useful political voice really in the U.S. Congress. It will be the driver that shifts the United States around. It’s not going to come from the Democrats. It’s not going to come from Ralph Nader. It’s not going to come from the co-opted parts of the Republican party. The only hope as far as electoral politics is concerned, presently, is the libertarian section of the Republican party.

It’s revealing that Assange draws the distinction that “nearly every Democrat” has been brainwashed by President Obama and that change is “not going to come from the Democrats,” while he’s more generous toward the Republican party in that he separates the libertarian wing from the “co-opted parts.” The idea seems to be that there are acceptable elements of the Republican party, but no acceptable elements of the Democratic party.

Why? Because drones?

Never mind civil rights, economic inequality, progressive taxation, reproductive freedom and bodily autonomy, or science and education. None of these issues — issues that actually effect the lives of hundreds of millions of people on a daily basis — merit any form of praise because drones.

For Assange and Wikileaks, progressive taxation is equivalent to ‘extorting taxes from people for the federal government,’ and opposition to abortion is born out of a principle of non-violence. Some may consider the latter to be a form of violence that forces women to carry children to term even if that child belongs to a woman’s rapist.

The Democratic party has apparently been brainwashed by the Obama administration to take matters of national security seriously while also supporting a more just and inclusive society that does not criminalize abortion, does not criminalize homosexuality, does not criminalize minorities, and does not criminalize the poor.

This leaves only Ron and Rand Paul and the libertarian wing of the Republican party — the wing that believes integrated lunch counters are an example of government overreach and that voter suppression is a matter of states’ rights — as our only hope for salvation.

Message received loud and clear.

This entry was posted in Rand Paul, Wingnuts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • DHaradaStone

    Non violence, except for wishing death on Afghans who “collaborated” with American and coalition forces and whose identities were revealed in Manning’s data dump (as documented in Alex Gibney’s excellent documentary, “We Steal Secrets”).

    • blackdaug

      The contortions Libertarians will go through, to avoid some of the unpleasant actions and ideas of their heros, would break the back of an olympic gymnast.

      • CL Nicholson

        But we’re “Obama-Bot Apologist”.

        • nathkatun7

          I am proud to be an Obamabot! There is absolutely no way I would ever support any of the Pauls, Papa and Baby, who are always surrounded by racists, over President Obama. You see, Rand Paul, in the name of protecting private property, would have no problem droning an alleged thief. But his admirers like Greenwald and Assange are up in arms whenever President Obama takes out people planning terrorists attacks against innocent people.

          • Natalia Petrova

            He takes out countless innocent civilians and engages in extrajudicial killings on his whim. You must be proud.

          • Eddie Cheek

            Actually, we are not proud. We have a war happy republican party that is throwing everything that is great about our nation away. Destroying education, civil liberties, the economy, by supporting the dictatorship of banks and corporations. We are a good people, and we love our nation, but we are sick of the wealthy ripping us apart and turning us into a 3rd world nation, with ultra wealthy, and eat the dirt poor. Obama was the only person who promised to help stem the tide, but even he is proving to be a backstabber by doing everything the republicans tell him to do. How many republicans have promised to get our rights back, and close guantanamo? It is good that he has leaving next term, but we sure as hell dont need any more war mongers throwing away every single penny America has on bombs, and taking away all of the basic rights we have like Bush did. Remember how he took EVERYONES guns in New Orleans? Not a whole lot of press on that was there?

          • villemar

            I am. I like presidents that murder brown babies for teh lulz. Purely for the lulz. What else is he supposed to do with all of his time? Since unemployment is at 0%, we have universal health care, poverty is a relic of the past; voting rights, women’s rights, LBGT rights are 100% guaranteened, Citizen’s United was overturned, all of our infrastructure is complexly rebuilt, we are completely off of oil dependency. I mean what else are go going to do with all of that free time? Why not pick random brown babies in the ME to murder willy-nilly; purely for shits and giggles?

          • XanderWijs

            We too hate his Drone policies but we like almost everything else. Go Frack yourself.

            I mean, it’s funny: The KKKonservative ReichWinger RepubliKKKans are trying to convince to NOT support Obama because …. he’s doing 20 percent of what Repubs would have done too!
            AS IF McCain/Romney would NOT have bombed the crap out of whoever with drones.
            Do we have ANY credible proof that a Repub president would have drone-killed LESS?

  • i_a_c

    Who knew that progressive heroes were right wing libertarians?

    • blackdaug

      Who indeed.

    • Jan Civil

      Anyone that paid real attention to Glenn Greenwald from a skeptical attitude.

    • nathkatun7

      May be it’s time to do away with the term “Progressive.” It seems to be so broad that any one can claim it.

    • XanderWijs

      correction: Assange and Greenwald have never endorsed any rightwing president or party in their life. Assange can say all that, but it’s unlikely he’d vote for Rand Paul when push came to shove.

  • GOVCHRIS1988
    • condew

      Following links when you don’t know where they go is a good way to get your computer infected with viruses and identity-stealing mal-ware.

  • BernardKingIII

    Let’s be clear about something: Libertarians are not pacifists. They are committed to “non-agressive violence.” Violence in self-defense (whether undertaken individually or collectively) does not offend Libertarian philosophy.

    • JWheels

      Violence in self-defense does not offend pacifist philosophy either. Libertarian “philosophy” really boils down to “I got mine Jack, fuck you.”

      • BernardKingIII

        I would say it boils down to “I got a little for me, and I would like to help you voluntarily Jack, but its difficult when 1/3 of everything I make is taken from me without my consent.”

        • missliberties

          and self defense includes the right to murder thieves…… right!?

        • JWheels

          fair enough… you got the brunt of my anger towards someone in real life lol… sorry bout that… let’s just say I respectfully disagree with that being the general view of many libertarians :-)

        • Ipecac

          Stop using the roads, electrical grid, public airwaves, water supply, airports, military, police and fire protection, weather forecasting, govt medical research, etc. and then you can bitch about paying taxes. If you want NO taxes, move to Somalia.

          • Sebastian L. Jackson

            No, go to Antarctica. Unlike Somalia, Antarctica doesn’t even have a flimsy excuse for a government.

          • XanderWijs

            added advantage of Antartica: it kills quickly, without any nasty smells. However, masses of libertarians moving there increases pollution.

          • nathkatun7

            Great, great, comment, Ipecac!

        • fojap

          Are you saying that without progressive taxation you believe that we would live in a more just world?

        • PinkamenaPanic

          Don’t like it, get out. Go to Somalia. No taxes there.

        • XanderWijs

          You live in a country, so you give thereby consent to be taxed. Those ‘taxation is theft’-types are nothing but leeches on society. Just like all the red states. You live here, you pay!

    • blackdaug

      So I guess Rand and Ron are not Libertarians then?.. because they certainly hold no such views in regards to the Civil Rights Act.

      • Richard_thunderbay

        The Paulist excuse for opposing it is that it represents the federal government trampling on state’s rights and the right of more fortunate people to oppress others. As long as it is a company and not a government that treats people like slaves, everything is fine and dandy.

        • blackdaug

          Yep. Kind of like the Emancipation Proclamation trampling on the rights of rich white southerners to own people.
          Lincoln should have just waited for the compassionate hand of the market to take care of it.

          • News Nag

            ALSO, the Paul-tarians would withhold ‘libertarian values’ from the lives of women. To the Pauls, women are not allowed to have control of their own lives or bodies. Also, unequal pay is fine with the Pauls. Corporate hegemony is fine with the Pauls. Wealth trumps citizenry is fine with the Pauls, re money buying political campaigns that favor the wealthy against the non-wealthy. Guess who wins in all of the above. White men, especially the well-to-do. Assange is a jackass par excellence. Now I believe his rape charges are very possibly true.

          • XanderWijs

            No, why should his rape charge be true? That does not follow. Him being a shortsighted jack ass doesn’t make him a rapist.

        • XanderWijs

          Yes, the thing about ReichWingers is that they’re willing to defend the freedom of the rich and powerful at the expense of the freedom of the poor and the weak, which is why they have to call the poor ‘lazy’ to make that stick.

      Also, the characterization of Libertarians as racists and confederate sympathizers is about as accurate as saying Democrats are communists.

      Although what I’m about to say is anecdotal, it still has some validity. I have never met a libertarian who wasn’t a racist, alternative history loving ahole. There might be some out there, but I haven’t met them yet.

      • Sebastian L. Jackson

        Would it surprise you to learn that back at WikiLeaks, Assange was friends with an anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist who used his leaked cables to tip off the Belarusian dictatorship on opposition activists? (This is the same conspiracy theorist who later falsely accused one of Assange’s Swedish rape accusers of being a CIA plant.)

        • i_a_c

          No. Types like the Pauls and Assange are anti-Semite magnets. I don’t even understand why.

          • Sebastian L. Jackson

            No, they are anti-Semite magnets because like Assange and Greenwald and Alex Jones, they think that they are the people smart enough to tell us what is wrong and we are stupid sheeple for not taking them seriously. Being a social outcast can bring the strangest people together.

          • News Nag

            Not sure Greenwald is especially qualified to be grouped with Alex Jones. Greenwald is not insane.

          • PinkamenaPanic

            No, just an attention-whoring idiot. Which is what Jones probably is, too – he just sells it better.

          • XanderWijs

            Still, the non-insanity thing is more important. Greenwald fights an actual establishment, alex jones fights an imaginery one, he needs huge lies to do that.

          • PinkamenaPanic

            No, Greenwald and Jones both fight strawmen. Neither one goes after a single thing that actually exists.

          • XanderWijs

            “they think that they are the people smart enough to tell us what is
            wrong and we are stupid sheeple for not taking them seriously. ”

            Come on, that describes about everybody on the planet.
            And Greenwald is way more honest and smarter than alexjones glenbeck etc.

          • News Nag

            Why are they kook and Klan magnets? Because they are kooks and Klansmen by other names and they have a public platform.

        • blackdaug

          I think Mr. Manning just spent the better part of two years being appraised of just those kind of activities Mr. Assange regularly engaged in.
          It explains his rather heartfelt recent apologies.
          People in this country don’t tend to think of there being anti-semites or white supremacists in Europe.
          I think Mr. Assange, to this point has just been hesitant to fully remove his hood…..
          ..and I think the rape allegations are probably just the tip of a very nasty iceberg as well.

          • Sebastian L. Jackson

            At this stage, if there turned out to be conclusive, smoking-gun proof that Assange did commit rape, I hope I am not sounding too extreme when I say I fear violence from the far-left.

          • nathkatun7

            Nah, the far-left loudmouths are paper tigers! It’s the far-right that is very capable, and may be even poised, to engage in violence.

          • News Nag

            You’re not too extreme. Worse, you’re greatly detached from reality.

          • XanderWijs

            That’s just bullshit fear mongering. Let’s not forget that, in just the last 5 years or so, the rightwing ALREADY shot and killed 4 democrats and liberals: A Democratic local chairman, the abortion clinic doctor Tillers (bill oreilly was VERY proud about that) the guard at the Holocaust museum and three people at that liberal church, the unitarians.

            Doesn’t get reported on, cos it’s “just liberals”

          • Sebastian L. Jackson

            Let’s not discount the solitary confinement Manning has been put through for the past few years. I doubt he would have learned anything about Assange personally — or got any news at all — if he was in solitary. If solitary didn’t psychologically break him, it certainly hit home just what kind of shit he got himself in.

        • Badgerite

          Not in the least.

        • News Nag

          Link, please! I would love to read about that.

      • fojap

        I think it’s because in order to be a libertarian you need have had the benefit of white male privilege without being aware of it. If you’re a petite female the first time a man in the subway puts his hand up your skirt, probably at the ripe old age of twelve or thirteen, you find yourself feeling relieved to live in a society of laws. Even though those laws are poorly enforced, I’ve always had the feeling that without them, it would be a free for all.

        It’s not just the right wing libertarians, I’ve had discussions about this with friends of mine who are anarchists. Somehow, without government, the milk of human kindness will flow freely, or so I’ve been told. I wish I had had such a lovely life free of violence and bullying that I could be that blind. Many of those people aren’t racist, but justice in that area is less important to them than small impediments to their pursuit of happiness.

        And misogynist.

      Yes. They prefer structural violence.

    • nathkatun7

      “…I and many other Libertarians also agree that the Civil Rights Act was a proper exercise of Federal government power and indeed one of the shining legislative achievements of the United States.”

      Go tell that to Papa Paul and Baby Paul, both who oppose or hedge about the 1964 Civil Rights Act. By the way, if Libertarians are not racist how come Papa Paul was publishing a paper that promoted racism? How come Baby Paul hires people who believe in the lost cause and even champion modern secession? Name me one Democratic member of Congress who has an avowed communists on his/her staff. If you do, I will shut-up, and issue an apology.

    • News Nag

      Bernard, then where are you Civil Rights Act-loving libertarian Republicans in Congress? Or in state legislatures? Mostly you’re at home doing nothing but interjecting self-adulating comments in otherwise fabulous comments threads. I think someone should inform you that The Cloud is only for computers and you really should try to live elsewhere, like on Earth in reality.

      • BernardKingIII

        It’s okay. I can see how listening to FOX news or right-wing talk radio can lead you to believe that people who watch those shows are racist, or at least willing to tolerate racism in their presence. I’m not one of those people. I know that racism exists behind closed doors, but I also know that it exists there regardless of political affiliation. Remember the Obama v. Hilary primary? Racism was rampantly evident in the Appalachian states. Either way its inexcusable, and as the older generations are slowly replaced among our leaders things will get better. But I assure you, the libertarians that I associate with are not racists, and we really do exist in the real world.

    • XanderWijs

      I do wonder if your 8 negatives are from those who hate the Civil Rights Act???

      “the characterization of Libertarians as racists and confederate sympathizers”
      Don’t pretend we say that about ALL libertarians. We say that about Ron and Rand. Ron Paul wrote in his racist newsletters tips and advice how to kill a black man who was stealing your car, look it up.

  • trgahan

    Thank you Mr. Assange for proving every single suspicion I had that you and your faux-libertarian cronies are really just hocking White Male Privilege as political ideology.
    You finally had the balls to answer my long unanswered question about why Civil Liberties (your version at least) are so important now when before you all couldn’t give two shits.

    Thank you for placing the “non-violent” label on the US political party that started the Afghan and Iraq wars (those non-violent Paultards voted for both and demanded punishment to those against it!) and would have still been at full troop strength if Obama had not been elected in the first place. Oh yeah, and coming soon to the next non-violent conservative Presidency, Iran!

    • Natalia Petrova

      And Obama increased the number of troops in Afghanistan.

      • News Nag

        Obama has his own issues, fore sure, and yes the Democratic Party is the junior partner in imperial adventurism, but the GOP is the turn-[fill in the blank]-into-a-radioactive-parking-lot political party, with the Dems largely there to serve as a check on GOP extremism, though not successfully enough, due to right-wing corporate donations that co-opt just enough of its members.

    • stone

      I have no particular fondness for Julian Assange, although I agree with him from time to time on certain issues. I am concerned, however, that the quotations pulled above do not adequately reflect the meaning of his comments. For instance, immediately following his comments on the Pauls, Libertarian non-violence and abortion he says this:

      I think some of these positions that are held by Rand Paul, while I can see how they come from the same underlying Libertarian principle, I think the world is often more complex and by taking a no-doubt principled, but sometimes simplistic position, you end up undermining the principle. There are short term vision and long term vision of the principle. It’s quite hard to meld these together.

      This casts the previous comments in a significantly different light, I think.

      • trgahan

        or as I took it when I heard the whole thing the first time…Assange is hedging his comments to try and head off criticism for casting his lot with two conmen who have convinced everyone they are “principled” when they vote against those same principles 90% of the time.

        • stone

          Yes, that may be right. But in any case, it is clearly dishonest to suggest that these reflect his own views on the matter, as this post explicitly does:

          For Assange and Wikileaks, progressive taxation is equivalent to ‘extorting taxes from people for the federal government,’ and opposition to abortion is born out of a principle of non-violence.

          If you consider what he says after mentioning those positions, it does not sound like he is endorsing them at all.

          • News Nag

            Stone, I liked that Wikileaks busted the government for horrible things that it had tried to keep secret, but come on out of denial already. Our hero, Assange, is a right-wing libertarian out to preserve the white male race from the, ahem, “darker” elements. You can count on it. He’s a lot like the young man I talked with years ago who it turned out was strongly in favor of keeping the environment pure and clean so the pure white race could enjoy its pristine beauty. Assange worship is over. If you can’t see he’s anti-choice, for instance, then you’re really kidding yourself. Yes, it takes all kinds, but he’s one of THEM. Also, how was/is the federal govt supposed to stop racial and other discrimination without the taxing authority to enforce it? Stone, THAT is the essence of being against federal taxation – keeping the feds from doing what’s right and needed. ENTITLED IS AS ENTITLED DOES AND BELIEVES.

          • stone

            He’s definitely not my hero. I don’t know if he’s a right-wing libertarian or not. I think this statement is best read as a subtle criticism of libertarian positions — that Paul’s positions are “simplistic” and “undermine the principle”, but in any case, if I am wrong and he is anti-choice then you’re right that I would have a fundamental disagreement with him. I also recognize your critique of libertarian entitlement and agree with that too. I still would not call for him to be targeted by a drone strike like an editor of TIME Magazine did today, and I will remain somewhat sceptical of the treatment he receives in the US press because I know that there are powerful forces that are actively working against him. This post strikes me as particularly misleading because it removes his statements from their context and attributes Paul’s libertarian views to Assange when in context it looks like he was actually criticizing them. If you don’t see that, I suggest that you check your own preconceptions and look again.

        • News Nag

          Exactly, trgahan. Assange jumps into the bathtub with the hard-core anti-government (anti-New Deal and pro-“those people”) crazies, and he realizes how that might sound so waffles at the end. Assange is a just another misogynistic right-wing Australian “mate”, who happens to delve in conspiracy and slander on a grand scale.

      • nathkatun7

        Ya, but he still thinks Papa Paul and Baby Paul are better than President Obama and the Democrats. That right there tells me all I want to know about Julian Assange. You can try to spray some air freshener on his stinking s**t, but it still smells a mile away.

  • JWheels

    Okay so Julian Assange really is a steaming pile of feces, I had a feeling he was but now I’m glad he’s gone and done the hard work and proven it. Actually he always kind of seemed like a narcissistic douchebag to me. I hope he gets caught and thrown in prison where he belongs someday soon.

      Sooner or later, I expect that hookers and blow in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London (it would be irresponsible to speculate) is going to piss enough people off that the Ecuadorian government shows him the door.

      Little Julian wants to shape the U.S. government according to his simple-minded whims— a man with serious daddy issues and snowy white skin.

  • drspittle

    And lest we forget, the King of Snowbroprogistan is actively engaged with Assange. I’m still puzzled (not) about why the media are not questioning the Snowbros’ motivations. They’re quick to assume the government under The Blah One is evil incarnate as demonstrated by the “revelations”, but they never question the allegiances of the Snowbros. The media feeding frenzy feels like “Whitewater-BlueDress-Yellow Cake-WMD” Parts 2, 3 and 4.

  • Ipecac

    Jebus H. Christ.

    Non-violence: don’t extort taxes from people to the federal government with the policemen.

    1) from whom are taxes being “extorted” by policeman, and 2) if people aren’t paying their taxes, should we just let them?

    I wasn’t sure how to take Assange, but this certainly makes it clear. What an asshat. Libertarians, indeed. They’re nihilistic, fantasy-driven, greedy, privileged, elitists who don’t believe in the social contract.

      But, but, but A = A. Don’t you get it?

      Me either.

  • RenoRick

    Rand “Thanks Dad!” Paul a hero? And I’m the guy that Warren Buffett calls for stock tips….

  • missliberties

    What!?

    Drudge a hero?

    The Southern Avengers are the only people who understand me?

    My question is will it help or hurt Rand Paul to have Assange be on his side? Whoa!

    • Badgerite

      Seriously. ‘Only reported what others wouldn’t’? Drudge? Why does he think they call it the Drudge Report? Duh!

  • Badgerite

    And there you have it. Mr. Transparency has spoken. Tell me, Mr. Transparency, who do you support in Russia to transform them into a non violent, and non aggressive government? I’m just asking. Or is it only the United States who he feels in on the wrong track? Of course, it is only the United States. This guy is so transparent in his agenda it hurts.

    • News Nag

      People, like Mr. Transparency, who fall under the superficial spell of a Paul, for instance, or under the spell of any ‘leader’ who utters something vaguely positive about, say, ending wars, are only skimming the surface and are probably great candidates for hypnosis. Mainly though, their self-interest pulls them in the direction they perceive to be the easiest. They lack gravitas. Their instincts are flawed and judgment compromised by lazy and selfish thinking. Their personal entitlement is their goal. Their ‘solutions’ always cause more harm than good. Fuck ‘em. They should grow the hell up.

  • Sebastian L. Jackson

    I had an interesting exchange in a Facebook thread with a follower of Max Blumenthal, who shared an article attacking Cory Booker. The follower said that, as far as he was concerned, the Republicans were the “safer” alternative because abortion providers have only been targeted by domestic terrorists during Democratic administrations. He also attacked Obama’s environmental record. I reminded him that a.) a Republican president would almost surely try to have abortion providers unemployed [at best] and b.) Republicans would do far worse to neglect the environment than Obama. He did not reply to me after that reality check.

    • RenoRick

      It’s a shame to think that a Republican Administration set up the EPA and passed the Clean Water Act (NIXON!!!) and they now want to destroy it. Clean water and clean air is a privilege, not a right!!

      • Sebastian L. Jackson

        Remember when a Republican president won a civil war to prove that treating people like chattel based on the color of their skin was (gasp) a bad thing?

        • RenoRick

          Remember when a Republican pushed through integration of the Armed Forces?

          • Sebastian L. Jackson

            Remember when a Republican opened dialogue with the Soviets and came out in favor of nuclear non-proliferation?

          • Mary O’Grady

            Truman was a Republican? Who knew?

          • nathkatun7

            What? True many liberal Republicans in Congress supported racial integration of the military, but the idea came from the streets (A. Philip Randolph, Bayard Rustin and others) and was eventually embraced by Harry Truman to pre-empt planned civil dis-obedience campaign by Blacks against military draft.

        • Victor_the_Crab

          And the right tries yo use that as proof that their party has never been home to racists, while the Democrats are the true party of racists.

        • nathkatun7

          The political parties of the 1860’s are not the same as the political parties of today. The change began slowly in the 30s and 40s, accelerated during the Civil Rights Revolution of the 1960s, and was completed during the Reagan era. The vast majority of what we may call Lincoln Republicans became Democrats whereas the vast majority of Jefferson Davis Democrats became Republicans. Before the 1960’s the South was solidly Democrat by the 1980’s the South had become solidly Republican. In fact most Republicans see themselves as the Ronald Reagan Republicans and not the Abraham Lincoln Republicans, or Teddy Roosevelt Republicans, and certainly not Dwight Eisenhower Republicans. Like wise, the heroes of Democrats do not include former segregationists and slave owners. Rather their heroes are FDR, JFK, and LBJ. Although it’s true that Democrats still honor the founders/pioneers of the Democratic party,Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson, who were both slave owners.

      • nathkatun7

        I think people give Nixon too much credit for the Clean Water Act and EPA. Both were engineered by a Democratic controlled Congress. It’s true that Nixon went along and did not veto the laws, but he was not the initiator of the laws. Of course, at the time, the Republican party still had substantial numbers of liberal and moderate Republicans in Congress who strongly supported EPA and the Clean Water Act.

        • News Nag

          Right, Nixon was pandering to defuse and confuse just enough of of the clueless suburban vote.

    • News Nag

      I hope you know that the person you had an exchange with is so stupid that he/she is following Blumenthal by mistake.

  • PinkamenaPanic

    Gee, Rich White Male backs the Rich White Males First candidates. Hoocoodanode?

    • Sebastian L. Jackson

      Is Julian Assange wealthy? Does anybody know?

        He may just be an expert moocher who thinks of himself as John Galt.

      • PinkamenaPanic

        He’s rich enough that he doesn’t have to live in fear of getting sick or having anything happen to his living space or transportation, unlike the people he doesn’t give a fuck about.

        That’s why this should make people angry. It’s just another form of class warfare.

        • CygnusX1isaHole

          Wikileaks was nearly driven into bankruptcy by the boycott of payment processors demanded by Democrats like Joe Lieberman who oppose freedom on the press.

          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2053210/WikiLeaks-bankrupt-end-year-admits-Julian-Assange.html

          I’d assume that Julian Assange’s finances, linked heavily to Wikileaks, combined with his mounting legal bills, are not in good shape.

          If Assange doesn’t live in fear of getting sick it’s because Australia has a health care system that pays most expenses, unlike the for-profit Heritage Foundation plan signed into law by Obama that hands over the virtual entirety of the non Medicaid, non Medicare system to corporate insurance companies.

          • nathkatun7

            I bet you you have insurance that’s why you have the luxury to go around demonizing PRESIDENT Obama’s historic health care reform that is going to benefit millions of people who currently are uninsured. Apparently you also don’t know much about Australian health care system.

          • CygnusX1isaHole

            Between you and Pink I’ve been called: rich, white, male and insured? What if none of these are accurate? Or only one or two of them?

            Would that mean that you agree with what I’ve written?

            Are you incapable of defending you position in the absence of personal attacks?

          • PinkamenaPanic

            Not like it matters to you, Rich White Male. Fuck us, you got yours, right?

          • Sebastian L. Jackson

            Lieberman is an independent. He used to be a Democrat before he went hard neo-con.

          • XanderWijs

            Lieberman essentially betrayed the Democrats.

  • Richard_thunderbay

    Whoooo boy….

  • Victor_the_Crab

    This is one of your heroes, far left dumbasses. Julian Assange. The guy you’re going to hell for.

  • villemar

    Well I do worry about Assange being sent to that fascist, dystopian, lawless, hellhole banana-republic puppet state of the U.S., Sweden. Of course he should stay for infinity in the Ecuadorian Embassy rather than talk to those jackbooted gestapo Swede thugs. Wouldn’t you?

    • fojap

      Soon, he’ll have imprisoned himself for longer than what he may have received in Sweden had he been convicted, which he may not have been. Sweden has one of the lowest conviction rates in Europe.

      http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/karin-wasteson/julian-assange-swedish-rape-law_b_1247247.html

      • CL Nicholson

        But you know that there is a CIA agent waiting in a Stockholm prison…..

        • fojap

          I spent 48 hours in a psychiatric hospital after I sought help because I was having suicidal thoughts. Another patient there insisted that she had been picked up off the street by the police because she was a political activist. I was trying to be friendly and started a conversation with her about politics. She informed a third patient who also had an interest in politics to stay away from me because I was obviously a CIA plant.

          This was a short term facility and most of the people there could have been treated as outpatients in a better world. So, I suspect their thought process isn’t very different from those of the people who insist the government is “disappearing” activists, and so on.

  • CygnusX1isaHole

    The Democrats and Republicans are in lockstep agreement on virtually every issue of primary importance:

    Wall Street dominance, militarism, Empire, drones, unitary executive, Federal Reserve independence, free trade, historically low regressive tax rates for million dollar incomes and corporations, maintaining a fossil fuel economy, fracking, nuclear energy, the surveillance state, media monopolies, corporate monopolies, inaction on climate change, privatizing the commons, privatizing health care, privatizing public schools, privatizing the prisons, privatizing the public airwaves, busting unions, driving down wages, executive branch immunity, shredding the constitution, two-tier justice system, immunity from the rule of law for all members of the 1/10th of the 1%, genetically modified food, voting on privately owned electronic machines, locking out third parties from debates.

    The list is endless.

    We need a much wider and more honest political discussion in this country.

    Thank you Julian Assange for getting that conversation started

    • Hal Swann

      Well the truth comes out, you really are a bagger.

      • CygnusX1isaHole

        Your reading skills must be terminally stunted. You must have attended one of those wall street operated charter schools pushed by Obama via Race To The Top. Congratulations to Michelle Rhee and Arne Duncan on your education miracle.

        Nothing I wrote even remotely resembles announcing any support whatsoever for the Tea Party.

        Or is merely asking for a “much wider and more honest political discussion” frowned upon by the Democratic party these days?

        • nathkatun7

          Everything you wrote is either a lie or gross exaggeration. I say that as someone who has been a Democrat for 49 years. No one is stoping you from conducting “honest political discussion.” But you can’t use lies and pretend that you are engaging In a “much wider and more honest political discussion.” All of us are not fools to simply swallow your lies as truth.

          • CygnusX1isaHole

            Yet you were unable to provide any evidence of my lies or exaggerations?

            I will accept the basis of your claim that no one is stopping me from engaging in an honest political discussion when the personal attacks cease.

            Or is today’s Democratic party intolerant of criticism like their authoritarian Republican twins?

        • News Nag

          Yes, way way too much overlap between the two major parties, frustratingly so. Still important differences though on crucial issues, the list of which is indeed very long. Understand though how someone can give up on how politics really works and want something much better. You’re not going to get it though, so get down in the trenches and work for what you want. What you’re saying everybody already knows, though it sounds like you’re late to find it out.

      • News Nag

        Or a determined Naderite.

    • PinkamenaPanic

      You are a Rich White Male who worships Rich White Males. Your opinion is worthless, as are you.

  • Natalia Petrova

    You don’t rebut his idea that taxation is founded on violence. You just mention he believes it as if that were enough to merit condemnation.

    • JMAshby

      Of course it’s enough.

      • Natalia Petrova

        Nope

        You need an actual argument.

    • PinkamenaPanic

      And here they go – “BUT YOU’RE NOT PROVING HIM WRONG SO HE’S RIGHT SO SHUT UP YOU STATIST LIBERPUBLICANS!!1111111″

      Be quiet, child, the adults are talking. Come back when you’re out of mommy and daddy’s basement.

      • Natalia Petrova

        Wow

        You have no argument to offer and only insults. That’s not how I sounded at all above. I made a polite statement. For the record; I am not a child.

      • Natalia Petrova

        Wow

        Only insults and no arguments to offer. For the record; I am 26 and not a child.

    • nathkatun7

      I think any one who believes that is totally delusional. I personally don’t condemn them because I think that they need serious intervention from mental health professionals. That might include you, Natalia Petrova.

      • News Nag

        Leave the mental health professionals out of it. That’s a slur filled with bias and shaming.

        • nathkatun7

          I am sorry you took this personally, but any one who thinks U.S taxation is rooted in violence needs his/her head examined. And if that includes you, so be it. Now if you think you can run a government without taxes please, wise one, explain that to me. Sometimes people who advocate plainly irrational and absurd things need to be shamed. I hope the shaming will jolt them into dealing with reality. Taxation has existed in America before and since 1789 when the U.S. government began. To suggest otherwise is either delusional or deliberate propaganda to con the uninformed people.

      • Natalia Petrova

        Once again; no argument.

      • Natalia Petrova

        Assassinating the character of your opponents by casting them as delusional isn’t an argument.

    • mrbrink

      I think you mean ‘taxation without representation’ is founded upon violence. Because taxation is not founded upon violence. That’s like saying you breathing is founded upon violence.

      You consent to taxation– It pays for the resources you’ve used to type out all your anti-American market zealotry. You don’t earn a living in a vacuum. You’re not thriving in some libertarian construct, nor would you. The American market is not yours to take from and give nothing in return.

      You don’t have to pay taxes. You can renounce your citizenship and move to Somalia.

        It never ceases to amaze me that the Strawmen Founders worshippers don’t get that the actual founders formed a government, in part, for the purpose of taxation in order to form the “more perfect union” thing that can always be more perfect. The Founders were overwhelmingly liberal and cutting edge politically. Taxation was a necessary part of forming a government which was exactly what the Founders did and intended to do.

        • News Nag

          Heh, “Strawmen Founders worshippers”.

    • News Nag

      Taxation is founded on building a frigging lawful civilization, airhead. Just ask the Founders. This is their system. The legal coercion is to keep dumbasses like you invested in something you’re not smart enough otherwise to support, so you don’t tear down what’s best for everyone, yourself included.

      • Natalia Petrova

        If you’re going to insult me and behave abusively; I am not responding.

    • villemar

      I assume you’re writing this from the Zero-Tax, completely violence-free Utopias that are Somalia or Waziristan?

  • Kitty Smith

    Feh, what do you expect from the narcisstic little rapist? Intelligence?

  • mk3872

    It’s been pretty obvious for some time now that there are anti-gov’t paranoid schizophrenics on both the Left & Right in American politics.

    Bush W brought them out of the shadows from the Left & Obama has brought them out from the Right.

    I just hope to God this does not result in a win for Rand Paul in 2016.

    • PinkamenaPanic

      The problem with that is that the ones “on the left” are mostly the ones who drag everything to the right with endless anti-governmentism and paranoia. Yet another way the system favors the right.

      • News Nag

        Interesting and I think accurate. Waytago, Pink! Now if you could explain what hellhole Alex Jones crawled out of, I’d really appreciate it.

    • FlipYrWhig

      A lot of the people you’re talking about have the Greenwald origin story. They awoke to politics as anti-Bush anti-government paranoiacs, so they figured they were “on the left.” Now they’re anti-Obama anti-government paranoiacs, so they figure they’re lefter-than-left. But they’re not. They’re anti-government paranoiacs. That stance isn’t inherently right or left. If your views on the government sound like a mash-up of the Michigan Militia, Huey Newton, and the John Birch Society, you’re probably just a nutbar, not a leftist.

      • mk3872

        I agree fully with that analysis … anti-gov’t paranoiacs.

      • nathkatun7

        Sorry, Huey Newton was not anti-government! Huey Newton was anti-racism.

        • News Nag

          Thanks, you’re right.

      • News Nag

        Is this where the phrase, “I’d give my left nut for…”, comes from?

    • Sebastian L. Jackson

      I hope this doesn’t result in a dozen Oklahoma City Bombings.

    • fojap

      They don’t care about women’s rights. They don’t care about minority rights. They don’t care about labor issues. They don’t care about class issues. Could somebody please tell me what makes them consider themselves left instead of right? Being anti-American alone isn’t enough.

  • Bubble Genius

    I’m quite enjoying this old bait-and-switch – it’s like being fooled that you’re fucking Angelina Jolie, but then she pulls off the mask and you realize it’s Louie Gohmert. It’s gonna be interesting to see how the Greemos explain this one away.

    • js hooper

      LMFAO

    • CL Nicholson

      Eeew, on so many levels!!! But good point.

  • Gussie Jives

    Wow, I knew he was a egomaniac, but shit, he just came out and said that, eh?

    Screw you, Assange.

    • News Nag

      Right! I knew there was something horribly entitled underneath all that smarm. God, Assange is a smarmy know-it-all. Couldn’t be more obnoxious.

  • CL Nicholson

    Not surprising that anarchist hacker whose dodging rape charges in Sweden would fawn over the father-son team of useless libertarian dude-bro heroes, since they both seem to have questionable beliefs about what a woman can do with her lady bits, have little respect for centralized authorities or the law & frankly are willing to use naive young people to make themselves rich and famous.

    • nathkatun7

      In addition both Papa Paul and Baby Paul love to hang-out with rabid racists and don’t mind starving poor people while enriching corporations. Sorry, until the holier than thou “far-left” bring the same passion on these issues as they do about this fake scandal, and stop calling both Papa and baby Paul saviors, then I see no difference between them and the far-right libertarians. For me, any idiot who thinks Ron and Rand Paul are better than Barack Obama I refuse to take seriously as a legitimate progressive/liberal.

      • News Nag

        Hey, “far-left” is pro-Amy Goodman. “Far-left” is not pro-Assange. Get your facts straight. Quit your slurs, sir, which means you must learn to think all over again as if you never have before.

        • nathkatun7

          Isn’t Amy Goodman pro-Assange, and pro Greenwald, and pro-Snowden, and pro- Bradley Manning, etc., etc.? I never slurred any one. I repeat what I said: until the “far-left” stops worshiping Greenwald, Assange, and Snowden, all of whom have expressed high respects for Papa Ron Paul and Baby Rand Paul; and their utter disdain of PRESIDENT Obama, then there is nothing in common between me and them.

          To translate for you, I could care care less for the hypocritical “holier than thou” brand of progressivism/liberalism. I never said any thing about Amy Goodman, but as long as she pals around with these holier than thou libertarians, many of whom are recent converts, I could care less about her. She may be a guru to you, but for me she is not such a big deal. I’ve been a progressive /liberal for over 48 years, I don’t need a cultist punk like you to tell me to learn how to think.

  • Radguy1

    The author is truly a hack and unworthy of being paid for this work. Where the hell did he pull the bollocks about taxation and abortion?

    As for some of the posters here, could you make yourselves look any more fearful and partisan? Have you all no concept of the expression “common ground”? Here’s a tip for the uninformed, the topics the author mentions are misrepresentations of Assange and Wikileaks who have made ABSOLUTELY NO COMMENT on those topics.

    This is a transparent tactic to prevent Paul supporters and Wikileaks supporters from cooperating despite some ideological differences.
    This is transparent tactic

    If you want to know where they stand, it has nothing to do with the equitable wealth split which can only be achieved through equal representation of all views, not some narrow ideological standpoint provided by two flavours of cleptocrats.

    Have a look at the Wikileaks party policies for the actual stance, not some distortion by a 4th estate foot soldier. Of interest is refugee and climate change policy. Their senate candidates are predominantly human rights activists. If the author thinks he can label Leslie Cannold and Kellie Tranter as anti-abortionists, he should be fired on the spot, unless it is this whole publication that should be ignored to die in a ditch.

    • stone

      I’m sure the author has no idea who Leslie Cannold or Kellie Tranter are. You give him too much credit already. This post is aimed primarily at disparaging the views of “far-left” Americans who want greater transparency in government by associating Wikileaks with right-wing political positions.

      • PinkamenaPanic

        Sockpuppet says what?

        • stone

          Thanks for your meaningful contributions to the conversation.

          • PinkamenaPanic

            You get the response you deserve. And your kind, privilege-whoring white male scumbags, deserve scorn and ridicule.

          • stone

            That actually hurts a little because I do recognize my privilege and try to keep in check. I’m not a Libertarian or an Assange supporter and I definitely support women’s rights to choose. Still, I think this post is misleading and I think I have the right to say so without being ridiculed. Thanks.

          • News Nag

            As I recall, Stone, your own contributions were rather fecal in character.

          • stone

            Shoot, I was thinking you sounded pretty reasonable too. Ah well…

    • PinkamenaPanic

      Slurp slurp, suck that righty cock.

      • Radguy1

        Warmonger.

    • fojap

      “Non-violence: don’t extort taxes from people to the federal
      government with the policemen. Similarly other aspects of non-violence
      in relation to abortion.”

      That was straight out of the video. It starts at 3:03.

      • stone

        “I think some of these positions that are held by Rand Paul, while I can see how they come from the same underlying Libertarian principle, I think the world is often more complex and by taking a no-doubt principled, but sometimes simplistic position, you end up undermining the principle.”

        He was mentioning a Libertarian position on abortion that Paul holds, not endorsing it.

        • News Nag

          He equated abortion with violence. Then he realized he needed to provide cover for his misogyny. Ask Drudge, he’ll tell you all you need to know, right? Sheesh, what lengths denial will take you, Stone.

          • stone

            I grant that he was pandering to Paul supporters in this clip, but doesn’t it sound like a criticism of Paul’s views to call them “simplistic” and “undermining”? I really don’t think I’m in denial here.

          • Radguy1

            He described how Paulers view the issue. Not the same as agreeing.

        • fojap

          Let me know when Assange clarifies his position. He’s already said that he believes that women can’t do math and seems to think it’s alright to have unprotected sex with a woman while she’s asleep, so we know he’s hardly a feminist, which I am.

          Beyond sharing with the very, very far left a hatred for the U.S. government, there’s very little he believes that would put him left of center on the political map. As it happens, although I occasionally share short term political goal, like marriage equality, with the far left, I consider myself to be a liberal, not a radical. Consequently, there is almost no overlap between my positions and Assange’s except for opposition to U.S. military aggression. That’s a big issue, but it doesn’t make any more common ground between him and me than between me and Kim Jong-Un.

          • stone

            That’s fine. I certainly respect those views. I consider myself a feminist as well, and I’m not really interested in defending Assange, but I still think this post is misleading.

          • Radguy1

            You make plenty of claims, yet nothing backed up.

            Go and check out justiceforassange website. The claim you make that SW was asleep is a claim that she didn’t sign. This is a distortion by Swedish prosecutors that you happily back up. Her first statement was that she was half asleep.

            Would you care to contradict this evidence with more spurious claims?

      • News Nag

        As Founder Jack Nicholson said, Radguy can’t handle the truth. So he jerks off angrily instead.

        • Radguy1

          Get your hand off it.

          Assange refers to positions held by the Pauls with the words “they have”. You must have misinterpreted it as “we have”. Your mistake.

          Would you like to explain to the audience how you need to clean your ears out, or will you continue to mark yourself as a liar?

    • JMAshby

      Where the hell did he pull the bollocks about taxation and abortion?

      Straight from Assange’s mouth. Watch the video yourself.

      • stone

        Do you admit that he was expressing Paul’s views there? Why did you leave out the line right after where he criticizes the positions as “simplistic” and “undermining”.

        • JMAshby

          No, describing them as “non-violence” was Assange’s categorization. I’ve never once heard a libertarian, including Ron or Rand Paul, describe their own views as non-violent. Especially not in that broad of a sense. Ron Paul’s views on abortion and taxation are particularly cryptic.

          And no, I didn’t miss any lines. I did transcribe the video myself. He says he is a great admirer of the Pauls and that their wing of the Republican party is the only hope now. With that in mind, I don’t think he was claiming that they undermine anything.

          This idea that you can just selectively pick one or two things out of a dozen points of ideology and say “look, we have common ground” is asinine. That’s what’s “bullocks.”

          By the way, Wikileaks spent the rest of the evening following this original post tweeting more links to Ron Paul speeches. A man who has spoken to white supremacists on more than on occasion and published an unhinged racist, anti-Semitic, anti-gay, conspiracy-laden newsletter.

          Oh, but he opposes drones so I guess you have common ground.

          Why the fuck am I arguing with you on a Saturday night? After all, I’m “truly a hack and unworthy.”

          • stone

            Actually, there is a well-established Libertarian position on abortion that he is referring to. I believe the term more commonly used to justify the position is “non-aggression” instead of “non-violence” but if you look into it just a little you’ll see that there’s even a Wikipedia page on the subject.

            My criticism is that you transcribed only the lines where Assange describes the Libertarian positions, but you then you omit the lines immediately following those where he quite clearly distances himself from those positions by calling them “simplistic” and “undermining”. In body of the post you explicitly ascribe the Libertarian views he has just described, but not endorsed, to “Assange and Wikileaks”.

            Whether or not it is wise or commendable for Assange to build alliances with the Pauls on issues of common ground is really beside the point here. If you want to write that post, go ahead. I’ll probably agree with much of what you have to say on the subject.

            But, whatever else Assange is doing in this video, the suggestion that he is advocating against abortion is not born out by the evidence. This might fit the evil portrait that many of your readers want painted for them, but if you consider yourself something other than a hack, you really ought to post a correction.

          • Radguy1

            Are you saying that because of your opposition to some nutty ideas (that I agree with you completely on) we should let warmongers get away with their oppressive actions because you’re pro-choice and against right wing views on taxation (as am I)?

            Check out the news on Leslie Cannold who has just resigned over preference deals for the senate. This is not an easy issue to deal with. I urge anyone reading to consider seriously these issues.

  • dh

    Assange has had chronic douchebag syndrome for a while now.

    *nothing to see here, move along please*

  • https://twitter.com/misterjayem MrJM

    Breaking: Shit head behaves like a shit head.

    — MrJM

  • Pingback: Assange: Taxation Is Slavery - Lawyers, Guns & Money : Lawyers, Guns & Money

  • Dr,WeedLover

    Yeah, who cares about drones? Oh, besides the families of these dead children. And anybody who isn’t a partisan hack and actually has a fu**ing conscience.

    List of children killed by drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen

    Compiled from The Bureau of Investigative Journalism reports

    PAKISTAN

    Name | Age | Gender

    Noor Aziz | 8 | male

    Abdul Wasit | 17 | male

    Noor Syed | 8 | male

    Wajid Noor | 9 | male

    Syed Wali Shah | 7 | male

    Ayeesha | 3 | female

    Qari Alamzeb | 14| male

    Shoaib | 8 | male

    Hayatullah KhaMohammad | 16 | male

    Tariq Aziz | 16 | male

    Sanaullah Jan | 17 | male

    Maezol Khan | 8 | female

    Nasir Khan | male

    Naeem Khan | male

    Naeemullah | male

    Mohammad Tahir | 16 | male

    Azizul Wahab | 15 | male

    Fazal Wahab | 16 | male

    Ziauddin | 16 | male

    Mohammad Yunus | 16 | male

    Fazal Hakim | 19 | male

    Ilyas | 13 | male

    Sohail | 7 | male

    Asadullah | 9 | male

    khalilullah | 9 | male

    Noor Mohammad | 8 | male

    Khalid | 12 | male

    Saifullah | 9 | male

    Mashooq Jan | 15 | male

    Nawab | 17 | male

    Sultanat Khan | 16 | male

    Ziaur Rahman | 13 | male

    Noor Mohammad | 15 | male

    Mohammad Yaas Khan | 16 | male

    Qari Alamzeb | 14 | male

    Ziaur Rahman | 17 | male

    Abdullah | 18 | male

    Ikramullah Zada | 17 | male

    Inayatur Rehman | 16 | male

    Shahbuddin | 15 | male

    Yahya Khan | 16 |male

    Rahatullah |17 | male

    Mohammad Salim | 11 | male

    Shahjehan | 15 | male

    Gul Sher Khan | 15 | male

    Bakht Muneer | 14 | male

    Numair | 14 | male

    Mashooq Khan | 16 | male

    Ihsanullah | 16 | male

    Luqman | 12 | male

    Jannatullah | 13 | male

    Ismail | 12 | male

    Taseel Khan | 18 | male

    Zaheeruddin | 16 | male

    Qari Ishaq | 19 | male

    Jamshed Khan | 14 | male

    Alam Nabi | 11 | male

    Qari Abdul Karim | 19 | male

    Rahmatullah | 14 | male

    Abdus Samad | 17 | male

    Siraj | 16 | male

    Saeedullah | 17 | male

    Abdul Waris | 16 | male

    Darvesh | 13 | male

    Ameer Said | 15 | male

    Shaukat | 14 | male

    Inayatur Rahman | 17 | male

    Salman | 12 | male

    Fazal Wahab | 18 | male

    Baacha Rahman | 13 | male

    Wali-ur-Rahman | 17 | male

    Iftikhar | 17 | male

    Inayatullah | 15 | male

    Mashooq Khan | 16 | male

    Ihsanullah | 16 | male

    Luqman | 12 | male

    Jannatullah | 13 | male

    Ismail | 12 | male

    Abdul Waris | 16 | male

    Darvesh | 13 | male

    Ameer Said | 15 | male

    Shaukat | 14 | male

    Inayatur Rahman | 17 | male

    Adnan | 16 | male

    Najibullah | 13 | male

    Naeemullah | 17 | male

    Hizbullah | 10 | male

    Kitab Gul | 12 | male

    Wilayat Khan | 11 | male

    Zabihullah | 16 | male

    Shehzad Gul | 11 | male

    Shabir | 15 | male

    Qari Sharifullah | 17 | male

    Shafiullah | 16 | male

    Nimatullah | 14 | male

    Shakirullah | 16 | male

    Talha | 8 | male

    YEMEN

    Afrah Ali Mohammed Nasser | 9 | female

    Zayda Ali Mohammed Nasser | 7 | female

    Hoda Ali Mohammed Nasser | 5 | female

    Sheikha Ali Mohammed Nasser | 4 | female

    Ibrahim Abdullah Mokbel Salem Louqye | 13 | male

    Asmaa Abdullah Mokbel Salem Louqye | 9 | male

    Salma Abdullah Mokbel Salem Louqye | 4 | female

    Fatima Abdullah Mokbel Salem Louqye | 3 | female

    Khadije Ali Mokbel Louqye | 1 | female

    Hanaa Ali Mokbel Louqye | 6 | female

    Mohammed Ali Mokbel Salem Louqye | 4 | male

    Jawass Mokbel Salem Louqye | 15 | female

    Maryam Hussein Abdullah Awad | 2 | female

    Shafiq Hussein Abdullah Awad | 1 | female

    Sheikha Nasser Mahdi Ahmad Bouh | 3 | female

    Maha Mohammed Saleh Mohammed | 12 | male

    Soumaya Mohammed Saleh Mohammed | 9 | female

    Shafika Mohammed Saleh Mohammed | 4 | female

    Shafiq Mohammed Saleh Mohammed | 2 | male

    Mabrook Mouqbal Al Qadari | 13 | male

    Daolah Nasser 10 years | 10 | female

    AbedalGhani Mohammed Mabkhout | 12 | male

    Abdel- Rahman Anwar al Awlaki | 16 | male

    Abdel-Rahman al-Awlaki | 17 | male

    Nasser Salim | 19

    • villemar

      I think you should commit ritual seppuku in protest.

  • XKCD

    Democrats in congress have been co-opted by the Obama administration? Was he paying attention when the House bill that would have limited NSA power was voted for by a majority of Democrats and voted against by a majority of Republicans?

    • villemar

      Hot water burn baby?

  • XanderWijs

    So, Assange makes the mistake of throwing away the child with the badwater: Because he hates Obama’s foreign policy position, he also disses Obama’s social progressiveness, his climate change stance, his anti-nuclear weapons/WMD stance and his sensible fiscal policies.

    EVERY progressive person HATES Obama’s security BullCRAP! But we’re not dumb enough to also want to get rid of the things he does right. 4 out of 5 ain’t bad, ain’t bad at all.

    And no this does NOT mean that I think Assange is now a rapist. Even a deluded Rand Paul lover can be set up by the government.

    • PinkamenaPanic

      And there it is – Assange showing his ass is a “setup” because THE GUMMINT’S AFTER HIM, MAAAAAAAAAAN! I have no trouble believing Assange is a rapist because he’s a Rich White Tech-Head Male. One needs only to look on the Internet for a few minutes to see what they think of women.

      That he’s also an open righty only makes that more believable. Misogyny has a way of deluding its believers.