Getaway

Artist – Dave Granlund

This is officially the best story of the day.

Lukas Novy says he’s a member of the “Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster,” a satirical faith which teaches that a creature composed of pasta and meatballs “created the world much as it exists today,” that pirates “were peaceful explorers and it was due to Christian misinformation that they have an image of outcast criminals today,” and that beer is good. In observance of this faith, Novy, a resident of the Czech Republic, insisted that he be allowed to wear a pasta sieve on his head while being photographed for an official government ID. And he succeeded.

Beer is certainly good.

This entry was posted in Comedy, Congress, Open Thread, Religion and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    Beer is certainly good.

    Indeed it is. I had two 32oz glasses of draft beer after work today. Couldn’t have felt better. Well, actually, I couldn’t have felt much, if you know what I mean. ;)

  • Norbrook

    Paraphrasing a supposed Ben Franklin quote: Beer is proof that the FSM loves us and wants us to be happy.

  • blackdaug

    Good and good for you. Yes..yes it is. Amen.

  • mrbrink

    Pretty cool. They’re live streaming certain sets at Lollapalooza all weekend. Watching Nine Inch Nails close out Friday right now.

  • blackdaug

    How here is how you twist a bullshit story into……a different bullshit story. Note the timestamp for when it was posted, and read the whole thing. The misleading headline, and then the non debunking…debunking. To think I used to read this waste of photons dailey.
    http://crooksandliars.com/tom-sullivan/presto-googling-pressure-cookers-spar

    I copied it case it gets “updated” out of existence.

    • mrbrink

      Oooooh! I want to believe! Everyone knows we’re living in 1984! the challenge is to believe!!! Ooh, whah, ooh, whah, X-FiLes-THEme-SOng!

      You want to believe!!! Look into the O’s, even the small case ones, and see the O’s… see “Obama” everywhere!!! You are getting sleepy… you are now Obama-fatigued!

      Now get out there and lose an election, Democrats! Freedom is just over Rabbit Ridge! Do you see the rabbits?

      “I vaguely remember watching it being torn down on TV in 1989…”

      This. Fucking, this. And all the “We The People” mello-dramatic bullshit hyperbole, just, fuck it. “East Germany” tag? Incredible. I vaguely remember when right wing conservatives were the only ones burning their audience.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      After years of commenting, Crooks and Liars booted me and called me a troll.
      Apparently I didn’t display enough Snowden and Greenwald love to meet their new standards so I erased that bookmark just like I did Politifact and a couple others when they lost credibility.
      I don’t who’s running that train wreck for Amato now, but it seems to be off the rails.

      • blackdaug

        Yep. Amato read that steaming pile comparing the NSA, and domestic law enforcement to the stasi, in a story about an incident that the NSA was not even involved in! a full day after it had been actually debunked! and okayed it for posting.
        Talk about taking a good brand and shitting all over it…………

    • JMAshby

      Have avoided C&L since late 2009 when they went full-on Kill The Bill.

      • blackdaug

        They, and others, are about to launch into another, “Obama is going to grand bargain you to death!” screeching frenzy.
        It’s a fall ritual…. like college football.
        I was ejected from there for begging to differ…several years back.
        ….but I still check in occasionally and try to just skip through by looking at the authors.
        The Mad Hack is warming up her keyboard.