Glenn Greenwald Is Shocked Over Partner’s Treatment at London Heathrow

Glenn Greenwald’s partner, David Miranda, was held up for nearly nine hours at London Heathrow: Stop The Presses! You aid an international outlaw, you’re going to get some extra scrutiny when traveling through Europe.

David Miranda, who lives with Greenwald in Brazil, was held by officers for nearly 9 hours and told he was being questioned under a U.K. anti-terrorism law.

He was released without charges, but authorities confiscated electronic equipment, including his cell phone, laptop, camera and memory sticks.

Greenwald called the detainment of Miranda “a profound attack on press freedoms and the news gathering process.”

“To detain my partner for a full nine hours while denying him a lawyer, and then seize large amounts of his possessions, is clearly intended to send a message of intimidation to those of us who have been reporting on the NSA and GCHQ [U.K.  Government Communications Headqarters]. The actions of the UK pose a serious threat to journalists everywhere,” he said.

“But the last thing it will do is intimidate or deter us in any way from doing our job as journalists. Quite the contrary: it will only embolden us more to continue to report aggressively,” Greenwald added.

Miranda had been traveling from Berlin to Rio de Janeiro, transiting through London. In Berlin he had met with Laura Poitras, a documentary filmmaker who has worked with Snowden.

The story has evolved dramatically since those innocent days of “direct-access,” but Greenwald doesn’t notice the whole, Snowden-wanted-for-espionage thing until his partner is inconvenienced at an international airport? It seems that with Greenwald’s legal counsel and advice, you will very likely find yourself on the wrong end of an interrogation and arrested. Awesome track record! Expert advice. Only goes with the territory of being a rebel, babe.

Let the persecution complex begin!

This entry was posted in Breaking News, Glenn Greenwald and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • js hooper

    Maybe if dumbass Greenwald hadn’t run his mouth about possessing information(via Snowden) that could cause great damage to the U.S (and her allies)…These govt.’s wouldn’t feel the need to put his associates under extra scrutiny.

    Also, claiming that this is an attack on “Press Freedoms” is clownish even by Greenwald’s hyperbolic standards.

    This is just another paranoid fantasy designed to rally the troops around him and turn himself into a Martyr.I remember a few years ago this fool got sick and his cult followers tried to say Obama poisoned him.

  • ChrisAndersen

    This is not something to take lightly, even if Greenwald has gone over the line from being a journalist to effectively being the mouth-piece for a criminal enterprise.

    As in every story of this kind in recent months, I’m going to wait the requisite 24 hours before I rush to condemn or excuse.

    • mrbrink

      Espionage and known associates of an international outlaw felon are a serious concern not to be taken lightly by international authorities, no?

  • muselet

    Glenn Greenwald is very important journalist bravely reporting very important stories. No wonder governments will stop at nothing to … inconvenience his partner.

    It must be hell, having an ego that big.

    –alopecia

  • http://twitter.com/TeekeeMon/ TeekeeMon

    Guess I’m not the only one who’s noticed…
    https://twitter.com/Johngcole/status/369204911554048000

  • Richard_thunderbay

    This has all the earmarks of a publicity stunt.

    • Fabius_Maximus

      How so?

      • Richard_thunderbay

        This maybe…

        Miranda had been traveling from Berlin to Rio de Janeiro, transiting
        through London. In Berlin he had met with Laura Poitras, a documentary
        filmmaker who has worked with Snowden.

        He was also traveling on the Guardian’s dime and making a stop in London is not exactly the most efficient way to get to Rio via Berlin.

        It’s extremely hard to believe that he was traveling as an innocent bystander.

        • Fabius_Maximus

          I just looked up the connection. American Airlines regularly flies from Berlin to Rio via London and Miami.

          Your claim is a bit far-fetched, I think. Even if it was true, it does not make the whole procedure Miranda went through okay.

          • blackdaug

            ummm..It was.okay with me? Anyone else?

          • drspittle

            I don’t know – , considering he was transporting additional material Snowden stole to another person involved in purloining the documents and since evidently information about the UK was included in the stolen documents, I have absolutely no idea why he would be stopped or searched.in the UK.
            /snark

          • Richard_thunderbay

            Hey, I can book a flight to get to NY from Phoenix via LA, if I wanted to travel out of my way and waste some time. Not surprisingly, you didn’t bother responding to the more significant points.

          • Fabius_Maximus

            Look at what I wrote. That connection via London and Miami is a regular one. That’s not “out of the way”.

            Anyway, it was not okay for the UK to apply the Anti-Terror-Law against Miranda in any case. How does transporting information make him a terrorist?

  • missliberties

    Perfect for Greenwald. He loves to re-enacting his victimhood every chance he gets.

  • missliberties

    It’s already another screaming HeadLine at HuffPo. With at least thousands of comments.

    Gag.

  • AlbertBarr

    The irony of his partner’s name being Miranda is humorous to me.

    • blackdaug

      I just keep seeing a guy wearing a big basket of assorted fruit on his head….
      Ohh…..you meant the other Miranda! Sorry…

  • DaeguDave

    You’ll never have to worry about detention for you or any of your loved ones, since you will undoubtedly never write anything that would cause anyone to detain you. When I want to read mindless Obama cheerleading, this is my first, and only, stop.

    • soleri

      I appreciate gadflies, whistleblowers, and tortured consciences, etc. But they engage us precisely because they sometimes have to cross lines, and in so doing, break a law. Maybe Greenwald will eventually win his battle with the national security state, although I doubt it. But the victory he’s seeking won’t be won on the cheap. There may be many good reasons to be skeptical of our custodians in the NSA. But the larger debate was is already over. Most people prefer security to bloviating about “liberty”. Greenwald has the liberty to say what he thinks. But he’s not at liberty to divulge state secrets. I don’t hate Greenwald (or idolize Obama). But the issue here is much more complex than you drama queens want to acknowledge. TSA checkpoints, security cameras, and data mining aren’t trying to ruin your “freedom”. They’re crude means to ensure that we don’t have to make worse compromises than we already have.

    • jaywillie

      Admittedly, Greenwald has claimed to have classified material that is against US law for him to possess. And Greenwald also suggested in public that he could potentially pass that info onto his partner. This isn’t fking rocket science.

      Because Miranda was absolutely not detained because of what Greenwald wrote.

      On the one hand, ppl like you want to brag about how brave Greenwald and Snowden are for thumbing their nose at US law. But when the consequences of their actions bring them into contact with those laws, you can’t deal with it. Saving the world from the tyrannical US government, the worst gov’t EVER, just isn’t worth lil’ Eddie Snowden giving up his computer or Greenwald’s partner withstanding a 9-hr detention.

      That’s fking pathetic.

      If Snowden or Greenwald or ANY of you lived up to the progressives and liberals you like to cite, you wouldn’t cry like children when you get spanked for breaking the rules.

      But that’s today’s “online left” in America. Greenwald wasn’t even the one who was detained here. How about the big bad journo goes himself next time?

      MLK didn’t take to a blog to bitch about being arrested. He took it because he understood what he was fighting for and knew that it was worth the price.

      • LiberalRail

        There is no law forbidding the possession of classified material. Try to understand that Bob Cesca and other RWNJs don’t respect you, so they think nothing of making a fool of you. You’re an easy mark because you have so little respect for yourself.

        I thought you’d like to know.

        • jaywillie

          Hahaha

          You really think there aren’t laws against possessing and disseminating classified material?

          You are a fking nutter.

          • LiberalRail

            No, it’s not illegal for journalists to possess classified material. Again, try to understand that you’ve been trained to say stupid things. People know you’re not capable of thinking for yourself, so you’re easily fooled. You will believe anything Bob Cesca says, no matter how ridiculous it is.

          • blackdaug

            Oh, please enlighten us! What have we done without your obvious wisdom! Such as…..

            “However, many people believe Trayvon Martin was the kid who got shot for no reason whatsoever. But this Trayvon Martin never existed. He’s a fictional character, like Bugs Bunny or Batman. ” – Liberal Ale

          • LiberalRail

            All you have to do is look at the evidence, but you won’t. You’ve been trained not to. Right?

            I know you need to change the subject, but try to understand that I know why. I have no trouble spotting dishonest people. You are a dishonest person.

          • blackdaug

            I have been trained to ignore morons, so we are pretty much done here.

          • blackdaug

            Ahem….headcase troll sez what?

          • Norbrook

            Um, yes, yes it is.

          • LiberalRail

            No, it’s not. Sorry, but you’re a liar, just like Bob Cesca. You should be ashamed, but you’re not. You’ve been trained to take pride in being a liar. Now you know.

          • nathkatun7

            You sir/Madam are and idiot!

        • muselet

          SEE: 18 USC §1924.

          –alopecia

          • LiberalRail

            Why don’t you read it, then come back here and tell me where it says it’s a crime for journalists to possess classified information.

          • muselet

            There is no law forbidding the possession of classified material.

            Those are your words, Sparky. 18 USC §1924 says you’re wrong.

            –alopecia

          • LiberalRail

            You very well know the context of that quote. You’re pretending not to because you are a bad person and a liar. That is not my opinion. It is a fact.

            Most people realize you’re a bad person the moment they meet you. Did you know that?

          • Lady Willpower

            It is not your opinion but a FACT that someone you don’t even know is “a bad person?”
            The gentlemen with the giant butterfly nets are here to see you now.

          • LiberalRail

            Yes, the people who reflexively lie about this stuff are bad people. It’s no different than people who lie about rape or murder. You’re having trouble understanding the basics of right and wrong because you’ve been exposed to people like Bob Cesca for too long.

          • blackdaug

            Man, regular trolls are annoying enough, the crazy ones are just beyond tedious.

          • blackdaug

            No Liberally Ill…you bad person..bad..bad.

          • muselet

            Actually, most people find themselves attracted to me when they first meet me. They just want to be near me. I’m not one to brag, but I think it’s the combination of my wit, charm and raw animal sexuality. And it’s the bald spot that seals the deal—the ladies just loves them some scalp.

            Do find some new shtick.

            –alopecia

          • blackdaug

            I too find myself universally beloved. Well except for Literally Cale up there….. What’s up with that?

          • muselet

            Count your blessings, mate. It could have taken a shine to you and been drooling on your knee like a love-struck Saint Bernard. There’s not a dry cleaners in the western United States that will even try to clean a garment stained with troll spit.

    But remember, Glenn wants to have a debate about security and wiretapping. It’s not about him!

    • mrbrink

      Yeah, this stopped being about a rugged individualist wanna-be journalist and his big story about a rogue national security employee and the Obama administration’s freedom hating when it became a story about aiding and abetting an international outlaw. Greenwald didn’t get the memo. Wanted posters mean nothing! Nothing!

  • Norbrook

    Dear Glenn:
    Just as hint, you might want to notice that your partner was held in London after you burbled out all the details of his trip to the world. You might also want to notice that London is in … England … and not the United States. That means that all those outraged statements about “access to a lawyer” and “freedom of the press” aren’t necessarily – and aren’t in reality – the same as you would have here in the United States. As I recall, back in the late 18’th century, we decided to split from them, so there is a difference.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Well, you know, United States, United Kingdom. Poh-TAY-toe, Poh-TAH-toe. It’s easy how someone like Greenwald can get things mixed up when all he sees are boogeymen around him.

      • Norbrook

        I know, Glenn’s been spoiled by living in that bastion of human rights and press freedom, Brazil.

    • jaywillie

      I think there’s probably a reason why Glenn isn’t actively practicing law (aside from his penchant as a lawyer to rely on the ol’ illegal wiretap/recording).

      • nathkatun7

        May be he run out of white racists to defend during the Obama presidency. Most recent progressive converts made so much money in the second term of the G.W. Bush presidency, but they’ve not been able to make as much under President Obama, until they figured out a way of demonizing him. Hence the mantras: “Obama is a Bush clone,” or, “Obama is worse than Bush.” That’s exactly how you make money from gullible progressives.

    • Walter Bithell

      You have a right to an attorney (solicitor) in England if you are detained. They have to provide you one for free. They have to ask you if you want one. If you ask for a solicitor they aren’t supposed to question you until you speak to your solicitor. You have a right to have your solicitor present before they question you. Sound familiar? As in Miranda? Anyway, I’m sure there are some differences for people detained as suspected terrorists. But, Greenwald’s boyfriend is clearly not a terrorist and it seems the English abused the statute that allowed them to question him as a potential terrorist. Regardless of how Bob personally feels about Greenwald he shouldn’t have been detained. Snowden isn’t accused of espionage in England. Miranda isn’t accused of anything.

      • FlipYrWhig

        The Terrorism Act explicitly empowers British border agents to detain people without suspecting them of involvement in terrorism.

        • Walter Bithell

          You’re right. I’m wrong. Hopefully this will change.

      • Norbrook

        Umm… did the points of a) not a citizen; b) in a border customs point; c) possibly carrying contraband; and d) credible information about that, mean anything to you? You might also consider the points of a) not arrested; b) not charged.

        So no lawyer in any country. Matter of fact, confiscation of suspected contraband is pretty standard, and whether it’s returned or not is not a given.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Well Glenn, what’s the old saying? When you lie down with dogs, you tend to get fleas. That would extend to your partner as well.

    • mrbrink

      If your friend’s actions, let’s call him, “Green Glenwald,” result in you getting in trouble with international intelligence agencies, I’d say maybe your friend is the worst friend in the world.

  • blackdaug

    ‘U.S. And UK Authorities Will Soon See My Defiance’
    -Glenn Greenwald
    Bwhahah! I bet they are shaking in their boots!!
    Fear the wrath of Glenn and Miranda! Fear it!

    • FlipYrWhig

      Jesus, at least 92% of what Greenwald and Snowden say sounds like it’s cribbed from Rorschach in Watchmen.

  • LiberalRail

    If you go back and examine Bob Cesca’s myriad of posts about Edward Snowden and the NSA, you’ll notice that he’s been wrong about almost everything. And that’s putting it kindly.

    When small-minded people get proven wrong, they get mad. That’s why everything is so personal for Bob Cesca these days. He has to attack people because he has nothing else to offer. The facts simply are not on his side.

    But more importantly, maybe it’s time for Bob Cesca followers to realize that Bob Cesca is the quintessential right-wing nut-job (RWNJ). When you blindly support the government’s use of corporate resources to spy on the the people in mass, you are a right-wing nut-job. This is not complicated, and it’s not a point of debate.

    I thought you’d want to know.

    • jaywillie

      OMG your comment is hysterical in an epic sort of way.

      I have never seen a more childish, impetuous response to criticism–from a public figure–as I’ve seen from, say, Glenn Greenwald’s Twitter feed, a man so fking insecure that he resorted to call highlighting nobody blogger’s as “The Next Leni Riefenstahl” because they were–gasp–supportive of the President.

      And the “Bob Cesca’s a rightwing nutjob” line. Fk that’s funny.

      You’re a nutter.

      • LiberalRail

        I posted the plain truth. That’s why you’re so upset. You’ve been trained to react this way.

        It never even occurred to you to think for yourself. Authoritarians are easy to spot.

        • missliberties

          We here have ALL been brainwashed. We use the toothpaste with the fluoride!!!

          • muselet

            Which saps and impurifies all of our precious bodily fluids!

            –alopecia

        • jaywillie

          Honestly, I’m quite amused.

          I’ve never thought for myself? Because I don’t agree with you on this issue? Because I–dare I say it–question what you post and say?

          Anyway, thank God you showed up with all the answers. Certainly aren’t enough ppl like that on the Internet.

          • LiberalRail

            There is no point of debate. There’s the truth, and then there’s the nonsense spewed by people like Bob Cesca. The truth will never change, no matter how much you whine and cry.

          • Lady Willpower

            Rall? Like Ted Rall? That explains a lot.

          • DetroitSam

            “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
            — Abraham Lincoln

        • jaywillie

          You’re not some daydreaming 60’s era dead-ender are you?

          Or maybe some OWS washout who turned a fight about economic inequality into a movement to overturn a 70+ yr SC precedent re: protests in public spaces?

          Because if you are, I have utterly no time for you as an American liberal. I’m fed up with your “Because you don’t agree w/ me, you’re a fascist/authoritarian/etc” b.s.

          I don’t want your paranoid, counterproductive, sanctimony. I think liberals like you are one of the worst things that’s happened to the modern progressive movement and I think it’s long past time that folks like yourself and the Firebaggers and the DKosers were told to STFU and get over yourselves.

          Want an unthinking ideological moron?

          Take a long look at yourself before accuse someone else of it.

          • missliberties

            I admit to being guilty, but why respond with constant personal attacks. It feeds these peoples fears and encourages them. No biggie but just sayin’.

          • LiberalRail

            Again, all I do is tell the truth. That’s why you’re upset. You’ve been trained to reject the truth.

          • blackdaug

            New troll LiberalTail is quite condescending…..and racist as well, if you read it’s previous commentary.

          • Victor_the_Crab

            You know, if you played the drinking game everytime LiberalFail spews out the word “truth”, you’d be shit faced blottoed and hugging the porcelin bowl right about now.

        • i_a_c

          Wow, for someone who brags about telling the truth, you haven’t posted a single thing that supports any of your supposed truths. All you’ve done is call people names and assert your moral superiority.

          • LiberalRail

            I haven’t made any assertions about moral superiority. You came to that conclusion on you own based on my propensity to tell the truth.

          • blackdaug

            “All Trayvon Martin “supporters” pretend Trayvon was an innocent kid who was shot for carrying Skittles and ice tea, but the evidence clearly shows that he was shot for beating the hell out of another human being.”

            From the illustrious archives of Liberal Rail

            * All the other comments from Literally Ill…just basically boil down to “you are stupid” or “you are a moron”..
            which is why I responded in kind.

            Mod – This is delusional headcase troll

          • Victor_the_Crab

            TRUTH! *gulps drink*

          • i_a_c

            You’re calling yourself the truth teller and everybody else a RWNJ, authoritarian, liars, whiners, small-minded, etc. It’s clear that you view yourself as better and are asserting as much to us peons. Meanwhile, you haven’t utilized said ability to think for yourself to make a single argument. Just proclamations from up on high.

          • LiberalRail

            Yes, I am superior to liars.

          • nathkatun7

            That may be true because you are a MASTER liar!

        • DetroitSam

          Totally clueless.

          Perhaps you should spend some time considering this:

          “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

          — Abraham Lincoln

          • LiberalRail

            You’re a very sharp person, obviously. I mean, I didn’t master cutting and pasting until I was four or five years old.

          • blackdaug

            Did you eat all the paste when you mastered it?
            See that could be the problem….

        • nathkatun7

          You woudn’t know the TRUTH if it bit you in the ass! You are so drunk on Greenwald spiked punch.

    • blackdaug

      Thanks for sharing…..that you are an idiot (YAAI). Thought you’d want to know.

      “You’re a stupid person. You repeat the things other stupid people tell you to say, even though they’ve been proven wrong over and over and over and over and over. You’re incapable of learning.” -Liberal Rail……from an earlier epic comment.

      Sheer genius…

      • LiberalRail

        That applies to you too, Blackdaug. That’s what makes you a Bob Cesca follower.

        • blackdaug

          So as a Bob Cesca troll, that puts you pretty far down the old food chain then huh? I quote again:

          “However, many people believe Trayvon Martin was the kid who got shot for no reason whatsoever. But this Trayvon Martin never existed. He’s a fictional character, like Bugs Bunny or Batman.” – Liberal Rail

          Racist Pig Troll….

          • LiberalRail

            To you, a troll is anybody who tells the truth.

            Try to understand that you’ve been trained to react this way whenever somebody tells the truth. You’re an authoritarian.

            I’m not attacking you. I’m just letting you know.

          • blackdaug

            You realize you haven’t made one point yet. You have just called Bob and everybody here a bunch of names that are obviously beyond your realm of comprehension. Therefore….
            You are a moronic and apparently really racist troll. I am not attacking you. I’m just letting you know.
            As a friend. Kiss.Kiss..

          • nathkatun7

            I repeat, you are not a truth teller! You are a lying IDIOT! You just can’t stand any one who dares to challenge your Libertarian hero,
            (o.k., he claims to have converted to Liberalism/ progressivism in 2006) Glenn Greenwald. As far as I am concerned, Greenwald is nothing but a snake oil salesman.

    • nathkatun7

      Sorry, but You are an IDIOT!

  • blackdaug

    Glenn is angry now…look out!

    • missliberties

      When is he not angry!!

      • blackdaug

        It looks like he will smite us all with his “Nose of Eternal Justice!”

    • Lady Willpower

      It must have taken an extreme effort of will for Glenn not to blame Israel for the whole thing.

      • Kerry Reid

        Or the “illegals.” Oh, I forgot that Glenn only used that racist xenophobic language when he was but a tender blogging lad of 40 or so.

        • Lady Willpower

          Haha, yeah. He’s learned SO MUCH since then.

          • Kerry Reid

            Yeah — let’s see: Glenn used the term “illegals.” He name-called witnesses against his white-supremacist client as “odious” and “repugnant” (which I guess justified in his mind illegal taping). He admires Ron Paul — he of the racist newsletters. And he called someone with an innocuous pro-Obama blog “Leni Riefenstahl.”

            But if I suggest he’s a racist asshole, then clearly I’m wrong. Right?

    • Kerry Reid

      Greenwald to U.S and UK: “This … is my DEFIANCE! What do you think of THAT?
      U.S. and U.K. to Greenwald: It looks like a penis, only smaller.

  • BlueTrooth

    LiberalRail is a troll. A troll that undoubtedly keeps score. On the upside, the trolling has pumped up the comments by a good 20% so I don’t see any reason to be too harsh. Pet trolls can provide good fodder, doncha know. Regarding Greenwald and Miranda…the Cesca Rule applies, but I’m definitely looking forward to Monday.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I bet Bob’s laughing his ass off at the comments posted by LiberalRail here.

      • blackdaug

        Well, as an obvious dupe of Cesca the authoritarian stooge, I am both puzzled and made sleepy by that comment. My mental capacities are too limited to decide which.

    • missliberties

      Already story in the NYT saying some stuff.

      Glenn Greenwald’s partner was helping Greenwald and Laura Poitras exchange documents stolen by Edward Snowden. Miranda was basically a mule so not guaranteed journalistic protection.

      Either this guy is incredibly stupid while pretending to play with the big boys or this is a publicity stunt.

    • LiberalRail

      To dishonest people like yourself, a troll is anybody who tells the truth. Try to understand that no matter how much you lie, the truth will never change.

  • Lady Willpower

    I think it’s adorable how these guys like Greenwald and Snowden fancy themselves Crusaders for Civil Liberties on the order of Martin Luther King. These clowns would never be able to endure 1/100th of the scrutiny, persecution, harassment, bullying, and abuse that MLK had to live with every day.

    • drspittle

      But you don’t understand. African Americans are, you know, “blah”, so it doesn’t matter what they suffered. It’s only and outrage when privileged white males are challenged in any way. You’re welcome.

  • JB20005

    White American dudebros are outraged that the British violated the first amendment rights of a Brazilian citizen to potentially transport stolen national security information from Berlin to London.

    I blame Obama.

  • anonworker

    Delusional liberals like this op are useful idiots, “mouthpieces” for the criminal state.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      Care to elaborate?
      Let’s see if you can express a coherent thought and a well founded argument to support your cryptic assertion.

      • muselet

        Please oh please let it try! *crosses fingers*

        This could be fun.

        –alopecia

  • JB20005

    And suddenly, the story about Griftwald trying to shop access to Snowden to US media starts to make a lot of sense.

    “The Daily News story also uncovered Greenwald’s past and present tax problems, including some $126,000 in open judgements and liens against him going back to 2000, including an active $85,000 lien against him from the IRS. “We’re negotiating over payment plans,” Greenwald said.”

    http://gawker.com/glenn-greenwald-takes-his-turn-in-the-spotlight-593163038

  • dandyhighwayman

    The law allows a *terrorist* to be detained. Not sure how he was a terrorist.

    Look, I know you all don’t like Greenwald, but not questioning this at all?

    It certainly demotivates me from really wanting to be involved in politics. If you guys are my allies on the liberal side, I might as well do something more useful with my time.

    • ranger11

      I don’t want to be an ally with you. Fuck that shit.

      • dandyhighwayman

        Which shows how crappy of an activist you are, because you do need as many as you can get.

        Unquestioning acceptance of holding someone who is clearly not a terrorist for 9 hours means you’ve got at least some fascist tendencies in you. Maybe it’s good that you suck at it, because then you’d just have lots of other fascists in your corner.

        • ranger11

          You be an activist for YOUR issues and I’ll be an activist for MY issues. Is that okay with you?

    • blackdaug

      Wow. After 31 entire comments? How will the liberal struggle go on without you?

      • dandyhighwayman

        Oh I’m sure you guys will continue wanking on in blog comment sections just like I do…

        • blackdaug

          Well you will be missed…wanking it on your own.

    • JB20005

      Please describe your expertise on UK law, and why, in your highly informed opinion, the relevant statute used for detention was misapplied in this case.

      Otherwise, I’m inclined to think you might just be talking out of your backside.

      • nathkatun7

        He is disguised Greenwald cultist pretending to be reasonable because his guy was caught violating UK laws.

  • LiberalRail

    It’s quite revealing, the silly things being said by people who have been exposed to Bob Cesca’s lies for so long. Very few of you who post here have any sense of reality with respect to the NSA stories.

    It’s important for you to know that Bob Cesca has worked very hard at corrupting not only your understanding of the facts, but your ability to reason. That’s why so many of you are afraid to seek answers from the real world. Cesca has trained you to be like this.

    But if you do manage escape this little cult of disinformation, even for a moment, I promise that you will immediately enjoy the sense of pride and accomplishment that comes with honesty and critical thinking. I hope you all give it a try someday.

    • Kitty Smith

      That… is very impressive condescension.