Gun Fail Roundup

There are so many stories in the news today about guns being accidentally discharged and wounding or killing someone, there’s no way I could share them all, but here’s a few that caught my attention.

First we have a man shot in the ass by his 3-year-old child.

A man who was target shooting south of Green Valley was shot in the buttocks by his 3-year-old son Monday.

The man, 36, was target shooting in a desert area southeast of Interstate 19, near the Canoa Road exit shortly before 6:30 p.m., said Tom Louis, battalion chief for the Green Valley Fire District. [...]

No information was released about how the child got a hold of the rifle.

We also have a gun safety instructor who shot one of his students in gun safety class. Whoops?

LANCASTER, Ohio — A firearms instructor accidentally shot a student while teaching a gun-safety class on Saturday in Fairfield County to people seeking permits to carry concealed weapons. [...]

Dunlap apparently didn’t know that the gun was loaded, Piemonte said — “That’s my guess.”

The bullet was slowed down by hitting the desk first. It then ricocheted into Piemonte’s right arm between his elbow and armpit, he said.

A man in Arizona was killed by his wife as she was handing an inexplicably-loaded shotgun to him.

PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. (AP) – A Prescott Valley man is dead as a result of what police say was an apparently accidental shooting involving a shotgun being handled by his wife.

Police say 56-year-old Gary Wingate was fatally wounded in the torso when the gun discharged as his wife handed it to him at his request.

And in Seattle, a passenger shot a bus driver for asking him to pay his fare.

SEATTLE (AP) — When a 64-year-old transit bus driver saw three people board at the rear of his bus during the Monday morning rush hour in downtown Seattle, he asked them to come up front to pay.

Two did. The third passenger paced back and forth, then hit the driver and shot him twice before running away, acting Seattle Police Chief Jim Pugel said.

The good news is brave men are willing to carry their guns into Starbucks to stand up for your right to accidentally, or purposely, shoot your father, wife, husband, students, or bus driver.

This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • That River Gal

    Living in Seattle, I was so infuriated by all the gun nuts who came online to proclaim…”if the bus had been in front of a Starbucks it would have gone differently.” This is downtown Seattle, how could it not have been in front of one (which in all seriousness, it was) ?!?

    I think the riders of that bus, and the bus the guy run onto, are lucky that some bloated cowboy with a gun wasn’t there to shoot them by mistake.

    Christ, what assholes.

    • http://www.livingenergy.abmp.com/ KanaW

      Three things I adore about your post:
      1. Your icon
      2. Your user name
      3. Your first paragraph. I actually laughed out loud at the last sentence in it.

      Such truth!

  • Draxiar

    It’s like watching the Keystone Cops for fuck’s sake…only not nearly as funny.

  • Robert Scalzi

    add another from northern Ca – Marin County no less – hardly known as a hot bed for hunters

    http://pressdemocrat.com/article/20130812/articles/130819882?title=Man-killed-in-hunting-accident-near-Tomales

  • nogatorfan

    why not just link to GunFail at DKOS?

    • JMAshby

      I do not read dkos

  • GrafZeppelin127

    The only thing that prevents a man from being shot in the ass by his 3-year-old, a safety instructor from accidentally shooting a student, a man from being killed by his wife handing him an inexplicably-loaded shotgun, or a passenger from shooting a bus driver who asked for fare, is a good guy with a gun.