Just Don’t Tell Him It’s Obamacare

This short exchange somehow encapsulates our entire political debate in this country.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — A middle-aged man in a red golf shirt shuffles up to a small folding table with gold trim, in a booth adorned with a flotilla of helium balloons, where government workers at the Kentucky State Fair are hawking the virtues of Kynect, the state’s health benefit exchange established by Obamacare.

The man is impressed. “This beats Obamacare I hope,” he mutters to one of the workers.

“Do I burst his bubble?” wonders Reina Diaz-Dempsey, overseeing the operation. She doesn’t. If he signs up, it’s a win-win, whether he knows he’s been ensnared by Obamacare or not.

sisko-facepalm1

The man hopes his Obamacare beats Obamacare. Just don’t tell him it’s Obamacare. That would spoil everything.

I can’t think of any area of policy where a similar rule of thumb wouldn’t apply. Now get your hands off my Obamacare healthcare.

This entry was posted in Healthcare and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Schneibster

    Yes, serious facepalm.

    Teh stupid, it burns. We have Obamacare exchanges in California now too. I think they’re planning to tell everyone just before the election in 2016. Or maybe they won’t save it up, and it will come out next summer.

    The great state of Arizona has no exchanges and they’re proud of it! Assclowns…..

    • BlueTrooth

      They have submitted insurers plans and are waiting for Fed approval, but what I’ve seen shows Arizona is getting their exchange ready. AETNA has declined to participate, however.

        Oh good, I hope so….I’m not seeing in anything the local and state media though….I’ll have to dig deeper. Thanks

  • RamOrgan

    This is the foreseeable outcome of years of hate radio and faux news.

  • Christopher Foxx

    “Do I burst his bubble?” wonders Reina Diaz-Dempsey, overseeing the operation.

    Absolutely. Without hesitation. Why in the in the world not? Seems typically liberal/Democrat. Presented with an opportunity to promote a good program, they simply decide instead to defer to ignorance.

    Each time it’s pointed out that Obamacare isn’t what he thought it was and is in fact a good thing, it chips away at his ability to hate it.

    And if he’s so far gone that they would choose not to participate in Kynect because it’s Obamacare, then fine. Let ‘em die sooner and improve the overall intelligence the much earlier.

    • http://kylopod.blogspot.com/ Kylopod

      I’ve got a better idea: instead of telling him right off the bat that it’s Obamacare, wait till he joins the program and has it for long enough to understand its worth–and then tell him where it comes from. That would be the ultimate joy to behold.

      (Of course, based on my experience with this sort of thing, I suspect what he’d do in either case is simply refuse to believe you. Even if you presented him with the evidence, he’d dismiss it as a hoax perpetuated by the librul media.)

      • Christopher Foxx

        Even if he did dismiss it as a hoax, etc. that’s a far better situation than leaving him uninformed.

        • West_of_the_Cascades

          But better yet is to get him signed up, even if he’s uninformed. Hell of a dilemma, glad to see the Kynect representative was looking first and foremost to get him the benefits and letting his ignorance of where they come from slide.

  • TeeVee

    the level of stupidity on the right is just breathtaking…

  • D_C_Wilson

    But if you told him it was Obamacare, he might go all Gus Porter on them.

    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/618fb6cbf2/gus-porter-american-legend-with-thomas-haden-church