More Republican Outreach

Abortion Barbie? Who could he be talking about?

via Media Matters

Fox News contributor Erick Erickson called Texas State Senator and choice advocate Wendy Davis “Abortion Barbie” after The Weekly Standard attacked her for not responding to a question that linked legal abortion to the crimes of doctor Kermit Gosnell.

Get it? She’s blonde. She’s skinny. And I want to reduce her to a doll that is typically sold with accessories such as ovens, vacuums, and princess gowns so I’ll compare her to a barbie. Because I’m Erick Erickson. Nailed it!

The Weekly Standard reportedly asked Davis to respond to claims that there is “no difference between some types of legal abortion and the crimes of convicted murderer Kermit Gosnell.”

Given that the two are not even remotely similar, why should she respond? I probably wouldn’t but, if I did, I would say that access to legal abortion will prevent the next Gosnell. And that response would fall on deaf ears.

Whether it’s reducing Wendy Davis to an “Abortion Barbie” caricature or encouraging people to slap Hillary in a video game, it’s evident that their inner caveman is still controlling most of their actions. Republicans are terrified of strong, popular women in politics who don’t conform to their tropes.

This entry was posted in Abortion, War On Women and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    I sometimes do envy how elected Republican representatives can openly and viciously dehumanize their opponents and suffer next to no consequences. In fact, if they do get called on it, they can just yell “PC POLICE!” and their campaign contributions surge. At worst, there will be a pundit filled debate on cable news of “is Davis an Abortion Barbie? We discuss, you decide!”

    Makes me realize how just many elections cycles would have go progressives way to purge this kind of discourse from public square.

  • Lady Willpower

    Be fair, a lot of us called Sarah Palin “Caribou Barbie” back in ’08. Myself included.

    • Treading_Water

      True, but there is quite a resemblance between the vacuous, hollow, plastic headed pose-able inappropriate sex symbol and Barbie. I mean, imagine a 12 hour filibuster from palin.

    • JMAshby

      I didn’t.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Well, Bill Maher once called Sarah Palin a c*nt, so this is OK.

  • Tony Lavely

    “Republicans are terrified of strong, popular women who don’t conform to their tropes.”

    Fixed it. Now if I could only do strike thru…

    • muselet

      It’s (strike) and (/strike) between angle brackets instead of parentheses. Easy peasy.

      –alopecia

      • Tony Lavely

        Thanks!
        Ooo! Worked!

        • muselet

          Hey, would I steer you wrong?

          Glad I could help.

    But would Erick Erickson actualy have the balls to call Wendy Davis “Abortion Barbie” right to her face? Doubt it. He’d be scared of having Davis put on her pink runners and kick his balls right up to his throat.

    • FlipYrWhig

      Balls? Irk Irksome strikes me as a front-butt.

  • muselet

    The only thing in the Universe more agonizing than Erick Erickson being earnest is Erick Erickson trying to be funny.

    –alopecia

  • Jason E

    What a dick hole!

  • SEPA_Q

    This male human being (won’t dignify him by calling him a “man”) is the most hateful, misogynist person around — and there are plenty who are in the running for that title. This, on top on the “coat hangars” tweet clinches the title for him!

    Big difference between “Caribou Barbie”/Palin and Wendy Davis — Barbie has nothing going for her except her looks, certainly not her empty head. Therefore, Palin. Wendy Davis is anything but a “Barbie” doll!