No Room To Talk

Are you sitting down?

If not, you may want to before reading this.

Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, who ushered the U.S. into wars in Afghanistan and Iraq in 2001 and 2003, said the Obama administration has not clearly justified an attack on Syria.

“One thing that is very interesting, it seems to me, is that there really hasn’t been any indication from the administration as to what our national interest is with respect to this particular situation,” Rumsfeld said in an interview with Fox News’s Neil Cavuto.

You may actually agree with him, but whether you agree or not, I believe Donald “Known Unknowns” Rumsfeld is one of the last people on the planet who should be critiquing the administration in this instance.

In case you forgot, Rumsfeld resigned in disgrace in 2006.

Known-and-unknown

This entry was posted in Foreign Policy, Iraq, Syria and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    Get ready, as I’m about to be clever . . .

    What’s KNOWN is that Donald Rumsfeld is an asshole.

    What’s UNKNOWN is why people keep asking him for his opinion.

    Ta da! (I’m sure I’m the first guy ever to think of doing that with his most famous quote.)

    • Victor_the_Crab

      To answer the second question, it’s because assholes like Neil Cavuto and Fox News keep asking this piece of shit his opinion.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I’m just going to repost what I posted on TPM:
    Dear Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld:
    I say this with all the respect that is attributable to the office you once held:
    SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!
    No one gives a rat’s ass what you think about military intervention, Mr. Unknown-Knowns. Personally, I’m not convinced myself that we should intervene in Syria, but one thing is for sure, you have no standing whatsoever to offer your two cents after you sent “The army you have” into Iraq ill-equipped and ill-prepared for the long-term quagmire that the invasion and occupation turned out to be. After snowing us by saying “we know where the WMDs are” and that you didn’t think the troops would be there six months, you should be on your knees begging every veteran who came home from Iraq and the families of those that didn’t for forgiveness, you lying, deceitful, hypocritical sack of shit! You are a disgrace to this entire country and should never show your face in public every again, much less offer an opinion on whether or not we should intervene in another country. Slink off and crawl back to whatever rock you were hiding under after you resigned and never sully decent people with your presence ever again.

  • Rollo Tamasi

    I despise him.

  • formerlywhatithink

    Donald “you go to war with the army you have—not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time” Rumsfeld needs to go away.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Go and get yourself a battery acid enema, Rumsfeld you 500 pound bag of pig shit in a plastic kitchen garbage bag.

  • blackdaug

    If only Rummy would have ended his career the way his predecessor Forrestall did. He had a lot more reason to do so.

  • mrbrink

    Oh, fuck no. Not this fucking guy. No way, no how. That brain fart is flammable.