Obstacle Course

Obstacles

Artist – Joe Heller

In other news, the group of Republican lawmakers in New Mexico who were planning to sue a county clerk for obeying state orders to offer same-sex marriage licences may be forced to abandon their plans now that a second state judge has ordered another county clerk to begin offering licences.

Today two additional county clerks announced that they will begin issuing same-sex marriage licenses, bringing the total to four.

Programming note… forgive the light posting today. I’m having maintenance issues.

This entry was posted in LGBT, Open Thread, Voter Suppression and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Schneibster

    That’s almost too real to be funny. It would be ultimate if it included a ticket check that cost ten bucks before you even get to try.

    • dbtheonly

      Schneib,

      Are you old enough to remember literacy tests? I’m not, but I’ve heard my parents describing them first hand. Poll Taxes. In the 21st Century? How do we explain to our parents how we let thing fall apart?

      JM,

      Anything I can do to help?

      • JMAshby

        No, thanks. Plumbing problems.

        • Brutlyhonest

          There are pills for “plumbing problems” I see non-stop ads for them.

        • Schneibster

          Plumbing problems can be the worst. Hope it’s not too big a mess.

        • dbtheonly

          JM, When a man reaches a certain age the term”plumbing problems” takes on an entirely different meaning. Trust yours can be fixed by a Plumber, not a Doctor.

          • JMAshby

            I’m 29. A plumber will suffice.

          • dbtheonly

            Extremely glad to hear it.

      • Schneibster

        No, but I too have heard of them.

        People have stopped telling people they’re being disgusting in line at the supermarket. That’s what’s happened.

  • Schneibster

    Missed the Arizona same-sex marriage thing. This is more good news. I think they’re fighting the tide, personally.

    • dbtheonly

      Schneib,

      I’d heard of NM. What’s up in Ariz.?

      • Schneibster