Pre-existing Condition

PrexistingConditions

Artist – Joel Pett

For the purposes of outreach, a group of Republican lawmakers in New Mexico are preparing to sue local county clerks for obeying the orders of state courts to begin issuing marriage licenses to gay couples.

Because if we just stop the state court from letting the gays get married, we’ll have plentiful jobs and world peace.

This entry was posted in LGBT, Open Thread and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • eljefejeff

    just attended a union meeting for my school district and found out that Obamacare isn’t impacting our insurance in any way. We keep our insurance, our doctors, and premiums aren’t going up. But…but….republicans told me death panels, state doctors and unaffordable costs.

    • D_C_Wilson

      That’s because you school teachers are a bunch of union thugs. Real Americans(tm) will reject health insurance even if nothing in it changes due to Obamacare. Because freedom.

      BTW, the state agency I worked for sent us all an email last week telling us our insurance was going to stay exactly the same, which is good, considering Corbett is still fighting against the expansion of Medicare.

    • Schneibster

      Just keep in mind some of us at the top end took hits on our coverage to get you covered.

      I don’t mean take it out of your hide; I mean keep it in mind. I have to take a deductible.

      It’s OK, I consider it my dues. But keep it in mind.

      • Christopher Foxx

        Oh, my heart bleeds for the folks “at the top end”.

        I love how folks “at the top end” demand understanding and recognition of their “sacrifices”, while simultaneously demonstrating no understanding of the hardships faced by the vast majority of Americans.

        • Schneibster

          Ummm, I ain’t rich. I got a house and a car and I’m tryin’ as hard as I can to hold onto them.

          An angioplasty and a stent cost 90 thousand dollars and at any moment I could need one.

          Now that’s a lotta fuckin’ money, and I ain’t exactly got that around in pocket change, sport.

          So why don’t you fold your condescending attitude up until it’s all papercut edges and sharp corners and stuff it where the Sun don’t shine?

          • Christopher Foxx

            You said you were at the top end. I’m now supposed to interpret that as in the middle.

            Got it.

          • Schneibster

            Try not being an asshole. That would help.

            Just sayin’.

            You make me want to be on your death panel.

          • Christopher Foxx

            You send a mixed message, and I’m the asshole who should die.

            Got it.

          • Schneibster

            I’ll take your healthcare money if you don’t want it.

            I thought I was helping out. I sure got fucked for it. Fifteen hundred bucks a year to pay for your sorry ingrateful ass.

            I’ll take it back if you’re really giving it up.

            But I bet you don’t have the guts.

            And you know what? If it meant screwing all the women and children the way you’re screwing me, I think I’d rather let you screw me than all those women and children.

            Fucking coward. Go on, take the money and run.

          • Christopher Foxx

            I love how you keep demonstrating that my original suggestion that you’re a self-centered jerk was correct.

          • Schneibster

            I love how you keep denying charity begins at home.

            Thanks for your support.

            You suck.

          • Schneibster

            Fucking thief.

          • Schneibster

            Libertardians always think I owe them their healthcare. Never goes the other way though.

          • Schneibster

            I’ll tell you one more time, I don’t regret it. I think you should have healthcare, and I’ll pay to help.

            But you best not whine at me about what it costs because I already paid way more than you ever have in taxes, just for starters, youngster.

          • Christopher Foxx

            Wow. Four replies. And every one, without exception, a lie showing how desperately you need to be a victim.

          • Schneibster

            So, have you ever had a heart attack?

            I have.

            Five of them.

            Did you want to blow something more out of your ass or are we done here, Libertardian?

          • Christopher Foxx

            And it’s more just more insistence on victimhood, that you’ve had it hard and nobody else understands because nobody has it as rough as you. But that’s expected since everyone else is just whatever name you want to call them regardless of what they may actually be.

            sigh Boring. You really need to learn another tune.

          • Schneibster

            Ingrate.

          • Schneibster

            Pay your taxes Libertardian slime.

          • Joseph

            Five/ Still couldn’t get it right?

          • Schneibster

            Flagged for trolling.

          • Joseph

            More than that Christopher. His last couple of posts tell everyone exactly what he is. In reality, his first post tells everyone what he is and what he believes.

            Oh, Great Scheilbster thank you for your munificent gift to us all and know that we will be there pulling for you when you pay your miserable $1500.

          • Schneibster

            All flagged for trolling.

      • Joseph

        We’ll keep in mind that you now have a deductible. Thanks for the heads up. probably one like I’ve had my entire “top end” adult life. I’ll alert the media in case they want to interview you.

        • Schneibster

          I’m tired of this.

          Flagged for trolling.

          • Joseph

            And I caught a troll.

          • Schneibster

            You’re not gonna like it when they look your posting history over.

            You’re more interested in dissing the other posters than in commenting on the stories.

            Why are you here?

          • Joseph

            I am here for the story which spoke for itself. I was commenting on the inanity of your post. When I realized I had caught a troll it was just interesting to pry out the motivations for your inanity. Thanks for that. I found it interesting in a clinical way.

          • Schneibster

            Look, Jeff, you’re here for the trolling, and you know it as well as I do. How many sockpuppets are you using this time?

            Just askin’.

            I think the most revealing part is where you never actually comment on a story.

            Oh, and Dr. King still won a Sanger Award, and no amount of your trolling will ever change that.

            Oh, and -1 for lying and flagged for trolling.

    I just got a letter from the V.A. explaining how Obamacare could impact me. I don’t need it, because V.A. care meets the “standard of are”, but it encouraged me to let veterans know that they can sign up with the V.A. for medical care and that dependents can start signing up for the “Marketplace” in October; and may also be eligible for Medicaid or CHIP.

    Which reminds me, I want to post this. Some bot out there might qualify.

    • Schneibster

      You’re gentlefolk and a scholar.

  • Schneibster

    I was expecting to see something NSFW like the dude with his head stuck up, well, you know. That’s their preexisting condition.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      You mean, like this:

      • Schneibster

        Yes precisely that picture in fact (though I have seen it with no caption and felt it was sufficient).

  • D_C_Wilson

    So, when a county clerk obeys an order from the court, the GOP’s plan is to take them to court?

    Good luck with that strategy.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      That’d be the same logic that leads Wile E. Coyote to try and capture the Road Runner.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    And now for something completely adorable. A little puppy trying to climb over a step:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvZgeqArWZ0

    • Schneibster

      What is it, a Samoyed puppy? That’s awful cute.