Quit Coal

Artist – Rob Rogers

In other news, Al Jazeera is very popular in the Arab world because most Arabs support the killing of Americans. At least that’s what Fox News tells us.

What’s ironic is this claim comes from a network that more or less derives its massive ratings from a segment of the American population that supports killing Arabs. And that’s a far more credible thing to say. Arabs number in the hundreds of millions (there are more Arabs in the world than there are Americans) across many nations and obviously most of them don’t support killing.

And while we’re on the subject of killing people, Fox News would also like to get rid of Obamacare, workplace safety regulations, minimum wage, and food stamps while simultaneously handing out more guns.

This entry was posted in Energy, Open Thread and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • eljefejeff

    republicans don’t see the irony in that because they’re on a religious crusade against Islam, as hardcore christianity has been for over 1000 years.

  • D_C_Wilson

    It may well be that Al Jazeera is popular in the Arab world because they present real news, something no one at Fox could ever understand.

      They’re also known for showing things that government controlled media over there censors…so many Arabs and Muslims get uncensored news from Al Jazeera, which is vitally important for a bazillion different reasons.

  • Vic78

    They’ll be surprised to find out poly sci professors recommend Al Jazeera. They’ll just be dismissed as commie profs.

  • Lancelot Link

    Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz al Saud (one of the world’s richest men) is part owner of Fox News. His media corporation, the Rotana Group (itself partially owned by Newscorp), is a major business competitor of Al-Jazeera in the MiddleEast. It’s not surprising that Fox would be smearing their rival network, is it?

    Arab does not equal Muslim. Arab is an indistinct ethnicity originally used for the people that originated from the Saudi Arabian peninsula and speak Arabic. Of course, a ton of people speak Arabic that aren’t Arab. Those who claim Arab as their ethnicity is about 100 million and those that speak Arabic are about 280 million. This category alone isn’t larger than the US population. And obviously the term Muslim refers to any adherents of Islam who can be of any race and ethnicity. They make up about 23% of the world’s population, which is about 1.6 billion people.

    The two most obvious points to be drawn from this is:
    1) Fox News people are uneducated buffoons or they are playing on the ignorance of their audience (or both)—yes we already knew this. But for someone to claim a title of “political analyst” to make such an assertion should mean that he never, ever, ever gets to go on any other channel and be a part of the national discourse. This kind of stupidity/malice is killing journalism and as a result, the nation.
    2) If Fox did mean to say that “Muslims are out to get us” and if most Muslims actually supported killing Americans, then we would have been wiped out a long time ago. 1.6 billion people could and would kick our butts (or we’d fight back with nukes and kill everyone on the planet).

    Fox’s motto shouldn’t be “Fair and Balanced”. It should be “Fox News: Starting wars so you don’t have to”.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I thought their motto was “We report, you decide to shut up and listen to us, sheeple”.