Rep. Yoho: Obamacare is Racist, Now Where’s the Birth Certificate?

Representative Ted Yoho (R-FL) is seemingly unaware of how ironic it is for him to claim Obamacare is racist for taxing tanning beds after lending his support to Rep. Steve Stockman’s renewed effort to scrutinize the president’s origins

via RightWingWatch

At 0:35

YOHO: I’m gonna check into that, because, in order to have freedom, you have to have economic freedom. And our country is at 17 trillion dollars in debt. We need to change the dynamics of that. We need a paradigm shift on our spending. So we can go over here and it can be another distraction, but they said if it is true, it’s illegal, he shouldn’t be there and we can get rid of everything he’s done, and I said I agree with that.

Yoho categorizes birtherism as a “distraction,” but he also said he agrees that exposing the president as a secret-Kenyan would enable them to “get rid of everything he’s done.”

Even if you give Yoho the benefit of the doubt and assume that he was merely winking and nodding to his audience, that’s not necessarily better, and what he had to say about tanning beds may dissuade you from giving him that doubt.

I had a little fun with [John] Boehner and told him about the sun tanning tax. He goes, ‘I didn’t know it was in there,’ and I said, ‘Yes, it’s a ten percent tax.’ He goes, ‘Well, that’s not that big of a deal.’ I said, ‘It’s a racist tax.’ He goes, ‘You know what, it is.’ I had an Indian doctor in our office the other day, very dark skin, with two non-dark skin people, and I asked this to him, I said, ‘Have you ever been to a tanning booth?’ and he goes, ‘No, no need.’ So therefore it’s a racist tax and I thought I might need to get to a sun tanning booth so I can come out and say I’ve been disenfranchised because I got taxed because of the color of my skin. As crazy as that sounds, that’s what the left does right. By God, if it works for them, it’ll work for us [inaudible].

And the crowd goes wild for reverse-racism.

Update… lost in translation: Yoho is from FL, not TX. Easy to confuse sometimes!

This entry was posted in Birthers, Racism, Steve Stockman and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • beulahmo

    Wow. Another Texan. Texas seems to have a disproportionately high number of Republicans who’re incapable of being embarrassed. They can’t seem to say anything too stupid or crazy.

    Well, in today’s GOP, I reckon that means he’s bound for stardom.

    • loriwojciechowski

      Sorry, but this yahoo is my representative in Florida. Thanks to gerrymandering!

    • nasani

      That’s the truth.

  • Lany

    Ted Yoho is from FL. Unfortunately, he’s my congressman. He replaced the equally idiot Cliff Stearns (of defunding Planned Parenthood fame)

    • JMAshby

      There’s so little difference between wingnuts from FL and TX now days I didn’t even think to double check my translation.

  • Lancelot Link

    “I don’t know how you expect to win with a name like Yoho,” said Lee Childers, a sales manager at the lumber mill. “I had to look you up to make sure you weren’t a Jap.” Yoho laughed. He told me later that he’d added his photo to campaign bumper stickers to clear up any confusion about his ethnicity.

    http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/01/animal-house/309189/

    • Nefercat

      I’m tired. I worked hard today. And then I come home and read things like what these one ant shy of a picnic gooberific whackaloons have to say, and I think, you know what? Screw my after work chores. I’m gonna drink. Okay, fine, I’ll scoop the catbox. Sigh.

      PS. I must have missed something (I’m tired). Why the fuck would I need a picture of the candidate to figure out if I agreed with his/her positions? Couldn’t I read little wordy-lettery things to figure this out?

      No, I guess all I need is a bumper sticker with a picture of a WHITE guy and the words I’M NOT A JAP.

      A straw and a 5 liter box of Chardonnay (I have my standards. I haven’t yet fallen to “Crisp White” or “Chillable Red”.). Mommy’s special juice box.

  • Maike Hudson

    Yoho and a bottle of rum.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Yoho O-no.

    • PinkamenaPanic

      Yoho-ho he took a bite of Dumb Dumb.

      Bonus points to anyone who gets it. (points cannot be redeemed for anything)

      • Claude Weaver

        One Piece and that bad theme song rap thing it had.

        What? I like points.

  • muselet

    So therefore it’s a racist tax …

    Righties have a real problem understanding that words have actual meanings, don’t they?

    –alopecia

    • Nefercat

      “Righties have a real problem understanding.”

      Well, anything. The sentence can probably stop right there.

  • D_C_Wilson

    What’s he upset about? Isn’t tanning essential free in the Sunshine State?

  • js hooper

    Man it’s just killing these MFers knowing that a black man and his family live in the White House. It sounds weird….but their racist tears taste so sweet.

  • Dennis Collins

    Yoho, Yoho, it’s off to dumb we go
    With a dumb down here and a dumb down there, Yoho, Yoho, yoho, yoho…yoho….yo…