Sound Familiar?

Is there any difference between this and the latest unhinged rantings of Glenn Greenwald who believes the worldwide terror alert recently issued by the State Department is a political conspiracy?

via ThinkProgress

Fox News responded to the State Department’s order for “nonemergency” government personnel to leave Yemen on Tuesday by suggesting that the administration is deliberately leaking intelligence to bolster its public image and distract from other scandals. [...]

“If the White House is revealing secrets, does that sound familiar? They’re trying to prosecute a guy in Moscow who revealed some secrets when he was in Hong Kong,” Fox’s Judge Andrew Napolitano said on ‘Fox & Friends’ adding, “if the White House is revealing secrets to make the White House look good, the revelation of which tips off or hands to the enemy, that is not good.”

According to Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy, it appears that the Obama administration is “working overtime” to distract from ongoing fake scandals, while Greenwald more or less believes the same thing, casting doubt on the idea that any threat exists today.

I know where this is headed, but it isn’t going to work. If this story had come about this time next year, it may have had the affect of depressing midterm voter turnout, but as it stands the boy has already cried wolf a dozen times.

Read Bob’s column today for a more in-depth take on the convergence of Greenwald, Glenn Beck, and Alex Jones.

This entry was posted in Glenn Greenwald, Terrorism, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • blackdaug

    It turns out, the drones that are going after Al queda in Yemen are based in Saudi Arabia, on the conditions that:
    A. The CIA has to run them, no U.S. military on site
    B. The U.S. government makes no statements admitting the bases are there, any thing about who is being targeted or where they are getting their targeting info from..
    Between those constraints, and all the drone screeching going on over here, Al Queda in Yemen has grown quite large, and is now poised to make very real attacks against us on orders from leadership hiding out in Pakistan.
    So of course it is all a big “wag the dog” scenario…until something blows up.
    Then it will be: Weakling Obama let our guard down and allowed us to be attacked.
    Under Shrub, such talk of political motivations for security actions would have been called “traitorous”.
    Now its all just so much banter for the “stupid” couch over at Fox.

  • Lady Willpower

    The same idiots at Fox and Friends were complaining last year that not enough was done to protect the embassy in Benghazi. Now they think we’re doing too much. I’m starting to think there’s a bit of hypocrisy to their complaints.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      ” I’m starting to think there’s a bit of hypocrisy to their complaints”.
      Yep…That’s kinda like saying the Titanic stopped for ice!…..;-)

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Question: How do you know when The Three Stooges the Fox and Friends cast aren’t being hypocritical?

      Answer: When their mouths are shut.

  • ninjaf

    The last time Republicans were making “Wag the Dog” accusations, the Clinton administration was trying to shut down this little known guy named Osama bin Something-or-other.

  • missliberties

    No there is not any difference.

    Rachael Maddow’s show this evening is addressing the bent of human nature to engage in conspiracy theories and how in this day and age it is so easy due to our connectivity and the internet.

    Also interesting that the Washington Journal did a piece on the Boston Bomber and his friendship with a man who influenced him with Storm Front propaghanda.

    Pretty scary how many dolts are willing to buy into this stuff. Glenn Greenwald is a horrible influence in this realm.

  • mrbrink

    I was actually watching Fox & Friends this morning, as I am wont to do for what are several very dark hours per week, you know, for posterity and shit! but Steve Doocy was reporting on this like the president is screwing up our travel plans to Yemen. “We can’t even go to Yemen anymore under this president… he’s failing us!” Gretchen Carlson’s face projecting that quiet, “can-you-believe-this-is-happening-I-know-totally-right?” her eyes locking on from across the country, taking America’s soccer moms and womenfolk racists off to the side to gossip about the loud black family from Detroit who just moved in across the street.

    They’re fucking psychotic, and I mean that with all due process.

    • blackdaug

      Yes, sunny Yemen. The pristine sand…the other pristine sand, and the corrupt government caught between oil cartel funded religious extremists, and us.
      I heard one of the bloviating gasbags sunday, talk about it as a place that had no real political problems of any consequence, until Obama spoiled it’s charm by droning the shit out of everybody.
      The U.S.S. Cole is already too far down the memory hole for bottle blond and friends to reminisce about.
      Don’t they just look more and more like the Idiocracy version of Fox every passing day?
      They all look strangely orange….more than even Boner…
      I bet Roger Ailes wont tell Gretchen that the tanning booth is going to make her look like a football in about 10 years.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Steve Doocy was reporting on this like the president is screwing up our travel plans to Yemen. “We can’t even go to Yemen anymore under this president… he’s failing us!”

      Damn! And I wanted to go to Yemen in December for vacation purposes. Guess I’ll have to settle for Vegas then.

      • mrbrink

        Viva that!

  • mdblanche

    Today was the 12th anniversary of former President Shrub taking some time off from his vacation to be briefed on how Bin Laden was determined to attack inside the United States. Then it was back to his vacation. I’m sure the conspiracy theorists of all stripes will disagree, but I like the current President’s approach better.

    • nathkatun7

      I concur 100%!

    • Lady Willpower

      That’s crazy talk! According to Breitbart, Obama is “the vacation president!”

    Funny how Britain, France and others all removed their staff from Yemen. Now let’s hear Fox and Friends accuse those foreign governments from engaging in some “wag the dog” behavior to help Pres. Obama at home. Logic–it’s not their strong suit.

    BTW: All the previous comments on the thread are so full of win…..loving it!