Steve Lonegan Doesn’t Go For Manicures, Pedicures

Steve Lonegan is a man who likes Scotch and cigars, not manicures and pedicures like Cory Booker! Because Steve Lonegan is a real man and he’s proud of it.

via RightWingWatch

Booker’s Republican opponent, Steve Lonegan, was asked about Booker’s response by Newsmax’s Steve Malzberg this afternoon, and said he didn’t know if Booker is gay but thought it was “weird” that he was unwilling to answer the question, speculating that maybe “it helps get him the gay vote by acting ambiguous.”

But Lonegan was sure of one thing: Steve Lonegan is a real man because “as a guy, I personally like being a guy” and he is certainly not one of those sorts who goes in for things like manicures and pedicures like Cory Booker does!

“It was described as his peculiar fetish,” Lonegan said. “I have a more peculiar fetish: I like a good Scotch and a cigar, that’s my fetish. But we’ll just compare the two”

This is the problem with the far left’s late entry into the New Jersey Senate race and subsequent flailing to find a reason to paint Booker as some kind of threat to our way of life.

You ought to take a good look at who you’re inadvertently supporting with your “worse than you think” attacks that will do nothing other than to swing the race in Lonegan’s favor.

I have no doubt that Booker will win, but that doesn’t mean you should do his opponent’s job for him. That is unless you think Lonegan would be the better choice.

Steve Lonegan must not realize that all of his favorite professional sports players and athletes get manicures and pedicures. They aren’t just for women.

This entry was posted in Cory Booker, LGBT and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    Love how Lonegan can accuse Booker of pandering to “the gays,” but in the same interview isn’t charged with pandering to homophobes for making sure everyone knows he is real man! How scotch and cigars do that, I haven’t the slightest idea.

    As for the “Booker Bad!” left, Chez put it best: You can either have some of what you want, or NONE of what you want! (and I’d add plus a legislative boot on your throat.)

  • CygnusX1isaHole

    You’ve provided no information that Booker and Lonegan differ on issues of crucial and primary importance.

    Is either candidate prepared to take whatever position is necessary to mitigate the worst possible outcome of climate change? Does either candidate oppose U.S. imperial ambitions? The assault on our most sacred treaties? Fracking? Privatization of public schools? Selling off the commons to private corporations to paper over deficits? For-profit health insurance based health care? The oversized financial sector? The untouchability of social security?

    If these primary issues (especially climate change) are not dealt with in an uncompromising manner then gay marriage or straight marriage will not matter at all.

    The far left is 100% right to hold the line.

    The policies of corporate Democrats and Republicans lead to absolute disaster.

    • formerlywhatithink

      Let hysterical rending of garments commence.

    • JMAshby

      I heard the moon landing was shot on a sound stage. Can you verify?

      • formerlywhatithink

        It was shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and seeing quite a few shops in my time.

      • CygnusX1isaHole

        Your well worn joke is your admission that you can’t provide a single piece of evidence that Booker and Lonegan differ in any substantive manner on any of the primary issues I listed.

        • JMAshby

          Hey, you know what? You’re right! LGBT equality isn’t a primary issue! Fuck them. Ha!

          Yadda yadda yadda hand-waving yadda yadda, oh and gay marriage? Who cares, right? No difference!

          You should probably pick one issue and go with it and actually make a substantive point, not throw out every vague implication you can think of.

          Now, rage! Go!

    • Kitty Smith

      Ten bucks they’re straight, ten more on white, and ten more on being a dude.

    • Norbrook

      Helpful hint: Why don’t you ask them? Really, most candidates have position papers, and if you ask, their staffs will flood you with them, and bore you to tears at times with where the candidate stands on that. If not, they’ll get to it, and then tell you.

      Seriously, you come up with a wish list, don’t bother to look to see what the candidates are for, scream your fool head off about your pet peeves anyway, and the odds are that you’re not even going to vote. So, why the hell should any candidate care what the hell you think or want?

      • nathkatun7

        “…the odds are that you’re not even going to vote. So, why the hell should any candidate care what the hell you think or want?”

        Very well put, Norbrook! At 67, I am just fed up with these “holier than thou purity progressives,” who are so good at talking a good game, but never bother to organize or vote. I am personally convinced that they could care less about change and progress because that would deprive them of things to bitch about. Besides, they are so fuckin ignorant about the way the political system works. You would think that by now they would wake-up and smell the Coffee. Many of them are now so fond of FDR and LBJ, but they are so ignorant of the fact the “purity progressives” during FDR’s and LBJ’s presidencies hated them, because they were not progressive enough.

    • D_C_Wilson

      You could just visit their respective campaign websites. I’m sure they have their positions on many of the issues you mentioned. That is, if you really want to know how each stands on the issues aren’t just being pissy for the sake of being pissy.

    Sometimes a cigar isn’t really just a cigar. Would love to see, “I Enjoy Being a Man” in a musical.

  • CL Nicholson

    Personally, I find most men trying to prove their manhood over and over again have utterly insecure. So the fact that Lonegan thinks that basically calling Cory Booker a ‘sissy boy’ would fly in New Jersey of all places says more about his own personal issue than anything about Booker or politics.

    But to your point Bob – the Left done lost it.

  • Christopher Foxx

    “I have a more peculiar fetish: I like a good Scotch and a cigar, that’s my fetish.

    Interesting shape to that cigar you insist on putting in your mouth, Steve.

    • Kitty Smith

      You know, it’s as they say: Sometime’s a cigar is just a cigar.

      And sometimes it’s a big ol’ honkin dick.

  • blackdaug
    • mrbrink

      Ha! See, I can appreciate this. That movie came out the year I was born and it’s still one of my all time favorites. I love to do a sort of funny-to-me Lonnegan impression whenever my elderly track-going neighbor brings up a horse he’s been scouting for years named Wise Dan, so every time he shows up with some new news showing me the cover of the racin’ form on how Wise Dan just won horse of the year, or some race at San Anita, I’ll always throw in a, put it all on Lucky Dan! for good measure. He still looks confused sometimes when I do. I’ve explained it several times over the years. But I feel my Lonnegan impression will go down in history as the best Lonnegan impression he’s ever heard. I’m sure of it.

      • blackdaug

        Robert Shaw could chew up a scene like nobody else…except maybe that one mechanical shark.

  • http://www.livingenergy.abmp.com/ KanaW

    Hmmm, let’s see, a choice between a man with excellent personal grooming habits, and a man who stinks of alcohol and stale cigar smoke…. which one should I choose? I can’t seem to make up my mind. /snark

    Lonegan is a silly man, to use that as a point of difference between them.

    • nathkatun7

      I know of many macho men who enjoy single malt scotch, cigars, guns, manicures, tailored suits, and French cuff shirts. For Lonegan to claim that you can’t be well groomed, love scotch and cigars, and be just as manly as him is plainly stupid.

  • excitablerooster

    Steve Logjammin’