Still Standing With Rand?

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) along with a Coalition of the Willing will attend the “Exempt America from Obamacare Rally” in a few weeks sponsored by Tea Party Patriots and Brent Bozell.

Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT), Rand Paul (R-KY) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) will headline the “Exempt America from Obamacare Rally” on Sept. 10 on the lawn of the U.S. Capitol. Other conervative lawmakers like Reps. Steve King (R-IA) and Paul Broun (R-GA) will also participate in the event.

The rally, scheduled to be held the day after Congress resumes following its August recess, is being organized by a number of conservative outfits such as ForAmerica and Tea Party Patriots. The Brent Bozell-run ForAmerica recently likened Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to a chicken for resisting the efforts to defund Obamacare, underscoring the divide in the GOP on the issue.

The very next day after Republicans in Congress launch their next hostage-taking assault on the federal government and Obamacare, Rand Paul alongside Mike Lee, the man who wrote the Senate Republican bill to defund Obamacare, will headline a rally to demand that we shut the government down unless we defund Obamacare.

But, you know, there was that one time Rand Paul lead a 13 hour filibuster over drones before saying he would be okay with using a drone to take out a petty liquor store thief a few days later, so I guess he has some common ground with the “principled” progressives.

Secret border control agent Steve “Calves the Size of Cantaloupes” King and Paul “Evolution is a Lie From the Pit of Hell” Broun will also be in attendance.

This entry was posted in Healthcare, Rand Paul and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • formerlywhatithink

    That filibuster was a stunt and nothing else. All it was was just posturing for a possible presidential run. I can’t help but bust out in laughter when the far left and libertarians try to spin it as some sort heroic action.

  • Ned F

    Ooo, get your reservation on the buses to Washington early before they’re full.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Nah! For one thing, those buses are small ones.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Well, obviously, the first step toward single-payer is to defund Obamacare. Then, once Obama is properly chastened and put in his place, I’m sure Congress will happily support single payer. They were so willing to do it before the 2010 election, right?

      I hate the damn emoprogs almost as much as I do the right fucking wing.