Still Standing With Rand?

According to Rand Paul, Speaker Boehner must put his foot down and prevent comprehensive immigration reform from passing, or else!

“He has to hold the line. If he passes — if he allows something to pass out of conference that looks anything like the Senate bill, and it is passed with a majority of Democrats, I think that will be the final thing he does as Speaker,” Paul told Laura Ingraham’s radio show on Friday. “I think he knows that, and I think he’s going to be very cautious.” [...]

“I’m worried about conference,” he said. “And what I would say is, the only way to avoid a problem with conference is for the Speaker of the House to say we are not going to conference and we will not allow a vote on anything coming out of conference that resembles a vote on the Senate bill.”

To make things even sweeter — Paul said he would only support a bill if its primary focus is border security, insisting that proponents of reform “dial it back.”

To put that another way, he would only support a bill that serves as a gigantic giveaway to defense and security contractors that would lead to a more militarized border.

The immigration bill passed by his fellow senators accomplishes that, however it also includes a path to citizenship and other features supported by Democrats. Those are the parts Rand Paul doesn’t want. In fact, he doesn’t even support going to conference to negotiate or reconcile. He would rather vote on a new bill in the Senate that does not compromise or include a path to citizenship, and he wants to force a new vote by killing immigration reform in the House.

Including a heaping pile of Border Security™ enabled the passage of comprehensive immigration in the Senate. The Senate bill is already a compromise. And it’s not good enough for Senator Atlas Shrugged.

I’ll just cut to the chase here. If you were among those who decided to “stand with Rand,” you’re a fool.

This entry was posted in Immigration, Rand Paul and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Art__VanDalay

    Then there’s this doozy: No to bombing Syria!!!!!!!!!! (because it might kill Christians.)

    videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/rand-paul-opposes-us-attack-if-it-could-kill

  • muselet

    To quote the estimable Roy Edroso, “Feed, cannibals, feed!”

    Huh…funny how “Evil Big Government” isn’t so evil or big when it comes to funding the metaphorical boot on the necks of brown people….oh so principled Sen. Paul….

    >>>I’ll just cut to the chase here. If you were among those who decided to
    “stand with Rand,” you’re a fool.

    A massive understatement. That fool has no business being anywhere near government, and any on the left who support him are doubly stupid.

    • mrbrink

      Doubly, doubly.

    We’ve spent $106 billion on border security over the last 5 years. And it’s all just a big boondoggle. For example, there are over 13,000 ground sensors in place. On average over 30% of the alarms are false and over 60% are indeterminate. Eight years after these problems were identified, sensors that needed to be replaced have not been. This is just one example of how the money that should be going to “border security”, isn’t. It’s sure as hell is going somewhere though…..wonder where? /she asks rhetorically

      Shady contractors doing shoddy work for ideological morons.

  • WiscoJoe

    Drones are for a militarized border, not for hot tubs!

    Sounds like a winning political philosophy to me.

    #StandwithRand #LibertarianNIMBY #CountryClubLibertarian