The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 8/28/13

bcs_mlk

The Professional Left: We welcome fellow podcasters and first guests on the show Blue Gal and Driftglass to discuss podcasting and the NSA story; The Crisis in Syria; The President’s Address at the March on Washington Anniversary; Steve Lonegan is Overcompensating for Something; Cory Booker’s Excellent Response; Death Penalty for Nidal Hasan; This Week in Guns; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius, the BobCesca.com Amazon Link and the Bowen Law Group.

There’s more political talk in this week’s After Party — Thursday at Noon eastern time. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

Download the mp3 (55 minutes, 23mb)
RSS Feed
Bob & Chez Show Archive

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show. Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    So different to hear someone besides Bob and Chez on the podcast. But Blue Gal and Driftglass made it all worthwile. Although I can’t help but think Driftglass sounds an awful lot like John Tesh.

      We definitely need to do that more often.

      • Jack Carlton

        Agreed. Fantastic show this week. Hell, I’ll be honest, it’s fantastic every week. But it was great having Blue Gal and Drifty as guests. I hope you have them back again. And likewise you being a guest on their show. I only wish Chez could have joined you when you appeared on the Pro Left Podcast. Maybe next time!

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Excellent show and may I say Chez was on fire today!
    Nice to hear Driftglass & Blugal again. Haven’t listened to them since the zealots over at Crooks and Liars banned me for not worshipping Greenwald and Snowden. Drift and Blu should really keep better company.

      His Steve Lonegan impression — holy hell was that great.

      • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

        Crazy funny!

  • muselet

    Driftglass is absolutely correct: any journalist from back in the days when such a job description actually meant something would have ripped Glenn Greenwald a new one from the first story he wrote on Edward Snowden—excuse me, on the NSA, because the story isn’t about them [/snark]—onward. Hell, even old-school opinion columnists would have been disgusted.

    Damn, it sounds like Driftglass’s commenters are like the commenters here.

    Blue Gal and Driftglass were excellent guests. They changed the rhythm of the show, which isn’t always a bad thing. Sacrifice whatever the Skype gods demand and see who else will talk to you guys.

    There is no good answer to the question of what to do with Syria. This is what the UN is for. What makes me consider intervention to be a good idea even for a moment is this, from the increasingly-ridiculous Dennis Kucinich: “So what, we’re about to become Al Qaeda’s air force now?” (Kucinich annoys me. What can I say?)

    Steve Lonegan is a real charmer, isn’t he? He’s only 57, but if he starts demanding that kids stay off his lawn, I won’t be surprised. And Chez is right, Lonegan has no business anywhere near any elective office.

    For a long time, but most noisily in the past couple of years, Righties have declared themselves the true and proper keepers of Dr. King’s legacy because—unlike the shameless race hustlers on the Left—they judge people by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin (it’s the one line they remember from the entire speech, mostly because they can distort it without expending any mental effort). The insufferable Jonah Goldberg farted out his weekly 700 words to that effect in yesterday’s Dog Trainer (no, I am not going to provide a link).

    “Free Wild Wings actually makes up for the racism.” One would think a restaurant chain—a small chain, true, but a chain—would have policies and procedures in place that would cover how to handle a diner who’s askeered of other diners.

    Sounds to me like Jeremy Hutchinson shouldn’t be trusted with a firearm (me, I wouldn’t trust him with a drinking straw and a spitball). On the other hand, he provided a perfect example of why arming school personnel is such a colossally stupid idea.

    “Before the show we learned that Chez watches porn while we’re doing the show.” That explains a lot.

      Your reviews of each show are so much a part of the show. Thank you.

        There’s new info out about a “black budget” for the NSA and handwringing about Snowden being “a genius” who impersonated top NSA officials to get to top secret documents. Me thinks “genius” is quite the overstatement.

        • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

          Snowden and Greenwald are starting to appear more like Andrew Breitbart and James O’Keefe. to me.

    “I enjoy beef jerky and the work of Tucker Max”

    I laughed so hard I cried….